Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Opinions of RG III longterm?

I was wondering from the outsiders who don't like skins or follow them on what kind of career RG III is going to have? I am a skins fans, but I just don't know if he can stay healthy. Let's say your team had RG III and the next two or so years and he can't prove to stay healthy, and you had someone like cousins. It's a 2014 deep qb class (I think). Would you trade cousins for mulitple picks in 2014 and draft young qb, someone whose your typical pocket passer. I mean if RG III can't stay healthy, when is it time to move on from RG III. How many years would you give him? What can you see happening in this sceneario? I do think Luck and wilson will last longer just from what I have seen. I've asked on the skins forum, but I wanted fans on the outside to chime in.

vCash
    Not a skins fan but RG III's health is a concern with his play style. He's already had a concussion and LCL tear.
    No one is going to give you multiple picks for cousins.

Would I keep RG III? Depends let's see what he does for a few years first. He has been impressive so far.

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajamesmd View Post
    I was wondering from the outsiders who don't like skins or follow them on what kind of career RG III is going to have? I am a skins fans, but I just don't know if he can stay healthy. Let's say your team had RG III and the next two or so years and he can't prove to stay healthy, and you had someone like cousins. It's a 2014 deep qb class (I think). Would you trade cousins for mulitple picks in 2014 and draft young qb, someone whose your typical pocket passer. I mean if RG III can't stay healthy, when is it time to move on from RG III. How many years would you give him? What can you see happening in this sceneario? I do think Luck and wilson will last longer just from what I have seen. I've asked on the skins forum, but I wanted fans on the outside to chime in.
    RG3 is EXACTLY the guy I worry about. IMHO, the NFL will figure him out next year, and he could be in for a rough ride. Cam Newton was a "hall of famer" last year. And things have changed greatly for him.

It just seems the only QB's that survive are the pocket passers that learn to live solely by the throw from day 1.

Im betting Luck will last longer, and have a better time of it.

However, if RG3 goes a long way in the playoffs this year, he could have a great career. Nothing like getting a label of "winner" right off the bat to launch you. Tom Brady immediately comes to mind.

But who knows. Every year is a new one, and no one knows what will happen in the future.

vCash
    i have to agree, his play style is what is going to kill his career, short term he will be good but overtime he will just wear down and his career will be cut short unfortunatly

vCash
    If he learns how to slide or get out of bounds i think he can be an elite QB he doesn't really have a compact build so when he gets hit he really gets hammered.

vCash
    Being mobile doesnt necessarily mean you are going to get hurt.

He maybe just needs to learn how to take a tackle a bit better. There are running backs his build you are crashing into tackles 20 times a game and have 10 year careers.

He's been better than I expected him to be this year, but it will be interesting to his how he can play as his career progresses when he doesnt have a fantastic running game behind him.

Mark Sanchez looked decent with a great running game. Without one he looks below average and the emotional flaws all come out.

And *no* I am not saying RGIII is ever going to drop to the level Sanchez is now, but a great running game can make a QB look a lot better than they look without one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Xdust View Post
    RG3 is EXACTLY the guy I worry about. IMHO, the NFL will figure him out next year, and he could be in for a rough ride. Cam Newton was a "hall of famer" last year. And things have changed greatly for him.
    It just seems the only QB's that survive are the pocket passers that learn to live solely by the throw from day 1.

Im betting Luck will last longer, and have a better time of it.

However, if RG3 goes a long way in the playoffs this year, he could have a great career. Nothing like getting a label of "winner" right off the bat to launch you. Tom Brady immediately comes to mind.

But who knows. Every year is a new one, and no one knows what will happen in the future.
    so mproving your passer rating and rushing yards and less turnovers is bad cam had bad football team. rg3 is very good pocket passer him and cam are two different players.
    Last edited by seikou8; 12-31-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seikou8 View Post
    so mproving your pr and rushing yards and less turnovers is bad Cam had bad footbal team. Rg3 is very good pockee passer him and cam are two diffrent players.
    wtf

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    He will be a Raider. Heard it here first folks.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    wtf
    What...you never heard of a pockee passer?

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    He already doesn't look as explosive as he did earlier in the season. Thje kid is a great talent, but if he doesn't change his playing style he won't last long.

vCash
    He's going to just keep getting smarter with the ball. He's going to learn to throw it away more, slide, and get out of bounds on runs. It was obvious that he was trying to do that in the Cowboys game. Not wishing anything bad on anyone but I think the LCL injury is a positive for RGIII. It's going to make him think and play different. Hopefully it becomes a habit for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seikou8 View Post
    so mproving your pr and rushing yards and less turnovers is bad cam had bad footbal team. rg3 is very good pockee passer him and cam are two diffrent players.
    dafuq did I just read?

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    He is a future hall of famer. In my opinion, he is already an elite qb.

The future is present.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    dafuq did I just read?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSj4Xmgvu8
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast