Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

BREAK NEWS: Obama, Congress fail to reach fiscal cliff deal

http://news.yahoo.com/house-wont-vot...-politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — The House will miss the midnight Monday deadline lawmakers set for voting to avoid the "fiscal cliff."

House Republicans notified lawmakers that the chamber will vote Monday evening on other bills. They say that will be their only votes of the day.
    President Barack Obama and Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said Monday they are near a deal to avoid wide-ranging tax increases and spending cuts — the fiscal cliff — that take effect with the new year.
    Both men said they were still bargaining over whether — and how — to avoid $109 billion in cuts to defense and domestic programs that take effect on Wednesday.

It remained unclear whether the Senate would vote Monday.
    Congress could pass later legislation retroactively blocking the tax hikes and spending cuts.
    looks like we're all screwed. thank you self-serving politicians. the whole "fiscal cliff" crisis is ******** anyways. it's self imposed. Congress literally created this whole crisis out of thin air last year to "force" themselves to come to an agreement on the budget this year when they failed to come into agreement last year. they could have easily unimpose this on us if they want to. if Congress never created this made up crisis last year, we wouldn't have to deal with it this year...

without this little creation of Congress, there's no actual economic repercussion we would've incurred if Congress didn't come into an agreement this year. this is all a political theatrics that gone too far. Seriously, this has to be the first time in the history OF THE WORLD that a country's leader purposely and knowingly shoot themselves in the foot and doom the country at the same time. Usually, when a country gets screwed over, its due to uncontrollable forces either within and/or outside the country...NO leader(s) in history have willingly walked off the plank like our oh-so-great leaders in Congress. This whole manufactured crisis adds a whole new meaning to being "destroyed from the inside." i can't think of a bigger "wtf" moment in the history of ANY country.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 12-31-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    you mean politicians failed to come to a compromise?

at least the milk thing got an extension
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    But they all agreed upon giving themselves a raise last week. This country sucks ***....
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 12-31-2012 at 04:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    But they all agreed upon giving themselves a raise last week.
    THIS is why our country is screwed up. because we're backwards. people get rewarded for failure in all levels of society ranging from lazy people living off of welfare to CEOs of troubled/bankrupted/struggling companies getting "retention raises/packages/pay/bonuses" to our leaders in Congress who pats on themselves on the back for doing nothing by giving themselves raises.
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    I think the game Civilization said it best. 'It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    But they all agreed upon giving themselves a raise last week. This country sucks ***....
    murica!

vCash
    they can always do something later, and I'm sure they will. this whole thing was a made up crisis anyway.

vCash
    As long it's finished by tax time it's not a HUGE deal but who knows if that will even get done

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    THIS is why our country is screwed up. because we're backwards. people get rewarded for failure in all levels of society ranging from lazy people living off of welfare to CEOs of troubled/bankrupted/struggling companies getting "retention raises/packages/pay/bonuses" to our leaders in Congress who pats on themselves on the back for doing nothing by giving themselves raises.
    x2

A system that penalizes success and rewards failure is one that cannot work long term.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    As long it's finished by tax time it's not a HUGE deal but who knows if that will even get done
    I believe they can do it next year and then have it applied to January 1st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    As long it's finished by tax time it's not a HUGE deal
    Agreed, however the stock market will likely not agree, whether that's correct or not.

Place your bets now, folks - NHL season or financial reform, which will happen first?

vCash
    Then the Fiscal Cliff should be paid out of their own personal pockets. Our government is a total WASTE
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Then the Fiscal Cliff should be paid out of their own personal pockets. Our government is a total WASTE
    You are your government. If you don't like it, don't vote for any of them.

vCash
    My understanding is that this will apply to 2013 rates not those of this year. You have ready had deductions from your paycheck for this year.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    This is the kind of ***** that you get when the political system has become totally corrupted by BIG money, and when your electoral system allows you to elect people to Congress who are able to thwart actual 'government' by their obstructive, partisan tactics.

In any sensible democracy, the party or coalition that 'wins' the election (as Obama did) forms a government and has a 'working majority' which, at its simplest, means that you can pass budgets, enact laws, and actually 'govern'.

The US two party system is obsolete and rotten to the core. Most people are regularly left to decide which party represents 'the lesser of two evils', because there are no real choices. I'd like to see the Reps returning to being a party with whom I have nothing in common, but to whom you can at least talk reason and compromise, which is not possible with the Tea baggers.

I'd like to see the TP set up on their own to the right of the Reps, with another party to the left of the Dems. That would at least reflect the public division of opinion a little more realistically. Some form of proportional representation is also a must in any process of political reform.
    Last edited by AmsterNat; 12-31-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast