Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I don't get the Burleson hate either.

Lots of reasons, but here's what I have

1. He is a vocal leader and even does the pregame speeches, we have very, very few of those, so why get rid of "the best" when we are in need of more?

2. He was on pace for 46 receptions 655 yards and 4 TDs this season, he can clearly still contribute at a good level as a #3/4 WR.

3. He understands that Calvin is the first option on a lot of plays and willingly knows his numbers will take a hit here. Something Titus doesn't understand.

4. Titus will get another shot, but if he blows it, without Burleson we're back to having Calvin and Broyles as our only options. If injury hits one of them, then we're really ****ed.

vCash
    I'll take em back on ONE condition - no more end arounds. EVER!!

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    I understand the vet leadership thing but in the NFL each roster spot is too valuable to carry players simply to be pep-rally guys. That's what coaches and assistant coaches are for and there are plenty of those.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I understand the vet leadership thing but in the NFL each roster spot is too valuable to carry players simply to be pep-rally guys. That's what coaches and assistant coaches are for and there are plenty of those.
    Who are you gonna replace him with though? He is already a productive vet, who knows the system, runs good routes and can catch the football.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Tulloch:

vCash
    The hate on Burelson is so stupid.

He is the LEADER of this team. The vocal leader and helps everyone around him.

And he is a DECENT WR!! He isn't a scrub who sucks or whatever you guys label him as. I think you guys just think hes old or something and think hes bad. Nate is exactly what we need on this offense, someone reliable. He does everything right and you guys make him out to be a terrible WR.

**** you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    The hate on Burelson is so stupid.

He is the LEADER of this team. The vocal leader and helps everyone around him.

And he is a DECENT WR!! He isn't a scrub who sucks or whatever you guys label him as. I think you guys just think hes old or something and think hes bad. Nate is exactly what we need on this offense, someone reliable. He does everything right and you guys make him out to be a terrible WR.
    thank you

Burleson would be on the field for most any team in the NFL, i dont get the hate of some of our fans. besides, id rather fix 4 spots on the oline, get a de or 2, a stud lb, and fix the secondary all before id think about getting a replacement for Burleson or at the running back spot for that matter. we need to build our team up with uglies and our fans want more skill position players.. thats why we have sucked for so long isnt it?

Example. We can all agree Tavon Austin is a stud, but the only way we can afford to take him is if we trade down multiple times into the late teens, and stockpile picks. not just oh hes good lets take him.

then we have calvin, burleson, broyles, austin, titus, the tight ends. i mean come on yall. lets be smart this year
    Last edited by JMDTM; 01-02-2013 at 01:08 PM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    Nate is the man and id be happy to see him here til hes done playing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFanFromNY View Post
    Nate is the man and id be happy to see him here til hes done playing
    good to see back you LFFNY!

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    good to see back you LFFNY!
    Good to be back

vCash
    Going in this direction - do we really need to run down the roster of 52 to point out other roster positions being wasted more so than by bringing Nate back??

I got a feeling that would be a MIGHTY long list.

Scrap Detroit!!

First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Going in this direction - do we really need to run down the roster of 52 to point out other roster positions being wasted more so than by bringing Nate back??

I got a feeling that would be a MIGHTY long list.

I can think of 15+ players id let walk before nate

19 Rec - 329 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    I guess I'm starting to see the reasons to keep Nate but I'm not a huge fan of his talents.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    I guess I'm starting to see the reasons to keep Nate but I'm not a huge fan of his talents.
    Why not?

**** you

vCash
    why?who the **** would replace him? he knows our offense, got chemistry with stafford and cj, i dont see another name that would be his price range, and that jumps out at me to say yeah the hell with nate and go get that guy

vCash
    Thinking out loud here... But what about Greg Jennings? Born in Kalamazoo went to WMU(hometown discount?), I think he's done in GB. Only 29yrs old

#****Broyles

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast