Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1167
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville, Colorado
    Posts
    23,109
    vCash
    1500

    The Official 2013 Prospect thread: #1 on the list is Michael Almanzar

    1. SS, Xander Bogaerts
    2. OF, Jackie Bradley Jr
    3. RHP, Matt Barnes
    4. RHP, Allen Webster
    5. 3B, Garin Cecchini
    6. LHP, Henry Owens
    7. OF, Bryce Brentz
    8. C, Blake Swihart
    9. SS, Deven Marrero
    10. RHP, Brandon Workman
    11. LHP, Brian Johnson
    12. LHP, Drake Britton
    13. OF, Brandon Jacobs
    14. SS, Jose Iglesias
    15. OF, Manuel Margot
    16. RHP, Alex Wilson
    17. SS, Jose Vinicio
    18. OF, Keury De La Cruz
    19. RHP, Ty Buttrey
    20. RHP, Anthony Ranaudo
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 01-16-2013 at 05:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,858
    vCash
    1500
    The year of the Bradley

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    2,600
    vCash
    1500
    I hope by this time next year we have 4 or 5 more top prospects from trading guys like Ellsbury an Lester an Drew and Victorino

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,858
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus16969 View Post
    I hope by this time next year we have 4 or 5 more top prospects from trading guys like Ellsbury an Lester an Drew and Victorino
    No chance Victorino or Drew land a top prospect no matter what.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    2,600
    vCash
    1500
    If Drew can stay healthy he may have a very good year. If we flip him to a contender and eat allot of he contract we could get a decent return. Im not saying like a Myers type prospect. But he may get us a good pitching prospect.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    251
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus16969 View Post
    If Drew can stay healthy he may have a very good year. If we flip him to a contender and eat allot of he contract we could get a decent return. Im not saying like a Myers type prospect. But he may get us a good pitching prospect.
    I agree with this. Shortstops r scarce if quality right now. If drew puts up numbers then we can land a solid pitching prospect. Look at the wheeler Beltran swap a few years ago

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,899
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    Will JBJ be called up before or after the ASB?
    after...unless alot of injuries or he absolutely tears up AA/AAA

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    2,600
    vCash
    1500
    I would say after unless he is really killing and someone gets injured or traded. Maybe even next year

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,717
    vCash
    1500
    We, as Red Sox fans, have a lot to be excited about with the farm system. It'll be interesting to see how Barnes starts off in Salem. Towards the end of the season he was wearing down due to a longer season.

    Xander will hopefully continue to blossom and progress and remain the savior of the Boston Red Sox

    As to the question earlier, I think JBJr. will come up in the second half of the season. He absolutely crushed in Salem and started off extremely hot in Portland and somewhat faded towards the end. Yes, I know he finished with a .271/.373/.437 line which is definitely doable. I think he starts off the year in Portland and if he makes it up to the bigs it'll be later in the year.

    Prospects I will be keeping my eyes on this year are: Owens, Swihart, Cecchini, and Kukuk (along with the top tier guys.)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,858
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goshhhjosh View Post
    We, as Red Sox fans, have a lot to be excited about with the farm system. It'll be interesting to see how Barnes starts off in Salem. Towards the end of the season he was wearing down due to a longer season.

    Xander will hopefully continue to blossom and progress and remain the savior of the Boston Red Sox

    As to the question earlier, I think JBJr. will come up in the second half of the season. He absolutely crushed in Salem and started off extremely hot in Portland and somewhat faded towards the end. Yes, I know he finished with a .271/.373/.437 line which is definitely doable. I think he starts off the year in Portland and if he makes it up to the bigs it'll be later in the year.

    Prospects I will be keeping my eyes on this year are: Owens, Swihart, Cecchini, and Kukuk (along with the top tier guys.)
    I would consider Owens, Swihart, and Cecchini top tier already.

    Going a bit deeper I'd be watching Jacobs, Kukuk, Vinicio, Margot, Buttrey, Suarez, Jerez, Callahan, and Mike Myers.

    Myers may be a surprise to some of you guys, but from what I've read he seems like a natural leader with at least average tools across the board. We'll see how his defense looks at SS.

    Our system is pretty deep now so theres a lot of guys to keep your eye on, which is great given how much of a sore the Sox were on the eyes and ears last year.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,717
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I would consider Owens, Swihart, and Cecchini top tier already.

    Going a bit deeper I'd be watching Jacobs, Kukuk, Vinicio, Margot, Buttrey, Suarez, Jerez, Callahan, and Mike Myers.

    Myers may be a surprise to some of you guys, but from what I've read he seems like a natural leader with at least average tools across the board. We'll see how his defense looks at SS.

    Our system is pretty deep now so theres a lot of guys to keep your eye on, which is great given how much of a sore the Sox were on the eyes and ears last year.
    I should have clarified and said besides the top 5. (Bogaerts, Barnes, Bradley, Webster, and De La Rosa.)

    Hopefully Kukuk can stay out of the sauce.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,858
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goshhhjosh View Post
    I should have clarified and said besides the top 5. (Bogaerts, Barnes, Bradley, Webster, and De La Rosa.)

    Hopefully Kukuk can stay out of the sauce.
    Or stop combining it with wheels at least.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,717
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Or stop combining it with wheels at least.
    Well considering he's 19...lol.

    To pull a Bryce Harper. That's a clown statement bro.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,858
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goshhhjosh View Post
    Well considering he's 19...lol.

    To pull a Bryce Harper. That's a clown statement bro.
    Hahaha totally wasn't thinking about his age. I have to remember these guys in the low levels are my age.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,854
    vCash
    1500
    I'm very interested to see how Suarez does this year.

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •