13. OF, Brandon Jacobs
    14. SS, Jose Iglesias
    15. OF, Manuel Margot
    16. RHP, Alex Wilson
    17. SS, Jose Vinicio
    18. OF, Keury De La Cruz
    19. RHP, Ty Buttrey
    20. RHP, Anthony Ranaudo
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 01-16-2013 at 05:18 PM.

vCash
    The year of the Bradley

vCash
    I hope by this time next year we have 4 or 5 more top prospects from trading guys like Ellsbury an Lester an Drew and Victorino

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus16969 View Post
    I hope by this time next year we have 4 or 5 more top prospects from trading guys like Ellsbury an Lester an Drew and Victorino
    No chance Victorino or Drew land a top prospect no matter what.

vCash
    If Drew can stay healthy he may have a very good year. If we flip him to a contender and eat allot of he contract we could get a decent return. Im not saying like a Myers type prospect. But he may get us a good pitching prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus16969 View Post
    If Drew can stay healthy he may have a very good year. If we flip him to a contender and eat allot of he contract we could get a decent return. Im not saying like a Myers type prospect. But he may get us a good pitching prospect.
    I agree with this. Shortstops r scarce if quality right now. If drew puts up numbers then we can land a solid pitching prospect. Look at the wheeler Beltran swap a few years ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    Will JBJ be called up before or after the ASB?
    after...unless alot of injuries or he absolutely tears up AA/AAA

vCash
    I would say after unless he is really killing and someone gets injured or traded. Maybe even next year

vCash
    We, as Red Sox fans, have a lot to be excited about with the farm system. It'll be interesting to see how Barnes starts off in Salem. Towards the end of the season he was wearing down due to a longer season.

Xander will hopefully continue to blossom and progress and remain the savior of the Boston Red Sox

As to the question earlier, I think JBJr. will come up in the second half of the season. He absolutely crushed in Salem and started off extremely hot in Portland and somewhat faded towards the end. Yes, I know he finished with a .271/.373/.437 line which is definitely doable. I think he starts off the year in Portland and if he makes it up to the bigs it'll be later in the year.

Prospects I will be keeping my eyes on this year are: Owens, Swihart, Cecchini, and Kukuk (along with the top tier guys.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goshhhjosh View Post
    We, as Red Sox fans, have a lot to be excited about with the farm system. It'll be interesting to see how Barnes starts off in Salem. Towards the end of the season he was wearing down due to a longer season.

Xander will hopefully continue to blossom and progress and remain the savior of the Boston Red Sox

As to the question earlier, I think JBJr. will come up in the second half of the season. He absolutely crushed in Salem and started off extremely hot in Portland and somewhat faded towards the end. Yes, I know he finished with a .271/.373/.437 line which is definitely doable. I think he starts off the year in Portland and if he makes it up to the bigs it'll be later in the year.

Prospects I will be keeping my eyes on this year are: Owens, Swihart, Cecchini, and Kukuk (along with the top tier guys.)
    I would consider Owens, Swihart, and Cecchini top tier already.

Going a bit deeper I'd be watching Jacobs, Kukuk, Vinicio, Margot, Buttrey, Suarez, Jerez, Callahan, and Mike Myers.

Myers may be a surprise to some of you guys, but from what I've read he seems like a natural leader with at least average tools across the board. We'll see how his defense looks at SS.

Our system is pretty deep now so theres a lot of guys to keep your eye on, which is great given how much of a sore the Sox were on the eyes and ears last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I would consider Owens, Swihart, and Cecchini top tier already.

Going a bit deeper I'd be watching Jacobs, Kukuk, Vinicio, Margot, Buttrey, Suarez, Jerez, Callahan, and Mike Myers.

Myers may be a surprise to some of you guys, but from what I've read he seems like a natural leader with at least average tools across the board. We'll see how his defense looks at SS.

Our system is pretty deep now so theres a lot of guys to keep your eye on, which is great given how much of a sore the Sox were on the eyes and ears last year.
    I should have clarified and said besides the top 5. (Bogaerts, Barnes, Bradley, Webster, and De La Rosa.)

Hopefully Kukuk can stay out of the sauce.

vCash
    I should have clarified and said besides the top 5. (Bogaerts, Barnes, Bradley, Webster, and De La Rosa.)

Hopefully Kukuk can stay out of the sauce.
    Or stop combining it with wheels at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Or stop combining it with wheels at least.
    Well considering he's 19...lol.

To pull a Bryce Harper. That's a clown statement bro.

vCash
    Well considering he's 19...lol.

To pull a Bryce Harper. That's a clown statement bro.
    Hahaha totally wasn't thinking about his age. I have to remember these guys in the low levels are my age.

vCash
    I'm very interested to see how Suarez does this year.

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast