Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I thought Curry played well for us. I was pissed when they cut him for Murphy.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    yeah curry looks good to me in his days as a mav! big body with energy

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    I agree... What happened with that? He was a solid back-up center who took up a lot of room. Is he even playing for anyone? When he was over weight with the Knicks he barely jumped, but when he played that short time with us he was kinda a beast. For himself anyways...

I understand that the league is changing to a more high-flying-over-the-rim type of game, but you still need the bigs to clog up the middle.

If it were up to Stern he would limit the players to be between 6'4'' an 6'8'' and let them run up and down the court scoring 150 a game for each team. That's not the game of basketball... it is offense and DEFENSE!!! I don't like the direction the game is going to.

I now understand why all of my friends say the NCAAM is better to watch...

I know many are nervous about Kaman, but overall I am impressed. When he leaves the floor there is no more big bodies in the middle...

LET'S GO MAVS!!!

Eddy is in China: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...est-of-season/
    Last edited by MFFL2008; 01-04-2013 at 10:55 AM.

MAVSMAN!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    I know you hate Murphy and all...but that is a crazy statement man...Murphy wasn't great, but he outplayed Curry by a mile. Curry has negative win shares...and a negative PER (I never even knew PER could go negative). He ranked behind Vince Carter in rebound %, has the highest turnover % of any Mavs player this season (23.5% of his possessions ended in a turnover), the absolute lowest ORtg of any Mav this year and the absolute highest DRtg of any Mav this year (74/113 respectively). I mean, EVERY statistic says...this guy was awful and any time he was on the floor, he made us worse.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

vCash
    i just read in the nba forum that howard isn't happy in lala land and thinks that he could do some dmg when he sign here

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    If we cut CDR to sign Mike James I will be upset. Not because CDR has done much here, but I just rather have him than a 37 yr old *** PG

vCash
    I dont see why any FA would want to come here now... If we make the playoffs with what we got well then that could change things a little.

We only have 3 players that are worth keeping in Dirk Trix and OJ now we need to build a team from that starting point... Yes we have some rooks but Dwight will not bring us over the top.. CP3 and Dwight maybe.. Only way we get CP3 would 1. he wants to come here 2. have to get rid of trix
    Last edited by Thumper 88; 01-04-2013 at 02:25 PM.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    but i can't see us getting dwight and paul and hold on dirk AND mayo(with new contract)
    but overall i hate this typ of player who wants more and more money....20 mil or 15 mil sshhiitt happens ..
    chance to play with HoF Players >>>>> playing in the middle/mabye darkhorse but getting 40 mil /year.......
    i have to stop thinking about this fact hate to see this typ of player ....
    its not because of dallas but if i were howard/paul/josh smith or so i would take less talk to my friends and rock this ****ing david stern league......

Andrew Graham:

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Rumor buzz has the Grizzlies pondering moving Rudy Gay. Would be a financial savings move on their part. Would you be interested as a Mavs fan? Deal would likely involve Mavs moving both Marion AND Kaman.

Gay's salary breakdown:

2012-2013 - $16,460,538
    2013-2014 - $17,888,932
    2014-2015 - $19,317,326 (Player Option)

Let's say next season Mavs have Dirk, Gay, Mayo, Crowder, James and Cunningham paid.

Assuming Mayo gets in the $8M range our total salary before cap holds and other players would be...

approximately - $54,576,457

My question though is wouldn't we have Mayo's bird rights and therefore any deal with him not count against our cap in terms of free agency?

I don't think it's possible, but if we could keep Gay and Mayo with Dirk and somehow still sign either Howard or even Andrew Bynum I'd be very happy with that core.
    Last edited by thedfactor; 01-04-2013 at 03:23 PM.

vCash
    Calderon
    Mayo
    Gay
    Dirk
    Bynum

that would be awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    I dont see why any FA would want to come here now... If we make the playoffs with what we got well then that could change things a little.

We only have 3 players that are worth keeping in Dirk Trix and OJ now we need to build a team from that starting point... Yes we have some rooks but Dwight will not bring us over the top.. CP3 and Dwight maybe.. Only way we get CP3 would 1. he wants to come here 2. have to get rid of trix
    Marion hasn't been that impressive at all this season. Sure he's consistent but he hasn't been consistently great by any means. You can tell he's going to keep declining as he has been.

next year I cant imagine him being an impact player to be honest. The things he's done offensively and his turnovers have been even more wtf then past years.

I wouldn't even say OJ is worth keeping if theres a good oppurtunity. Like the Gay rumor? I'd throw out OJ for Gay honestly, Mayo is hard to trust imo. Obviously u want to keep him but if there's a better oppurtunity do it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Marion hasn't been that impressive at all this season. Sure he's consistent but he hasn't been consistently great by any means. You can tell he's going to keep declining as he has been.

next year I cant imagine him being an impact player to be honest. The things he's done offensively and his turnovers have been even more wtf then past years.

I wouldn't even say OJ is worth keeping if theres a good oppurtunity. Like the Gay rumor? I'd throw out OJ for Gay honestly, Mayo is hard to trust imo. Obviously u want to keep him but if there's a better oppurtunity do it
    This post is the kind of thing that happens when you just use your memory of the best/worst events to judge a player.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli...erRatio/page/4

Shawn Marion's turnover percentage is not bad. It's not good. It's average. So why bring it up? The only reason you'd bring it up is an attempt to bash the player. Yet the stats say you're incorrect. Humans have a tendency to exaggerate the good and the bad. In this case, clearly, as stats will prove, you just keep those in your head and not all the possessions of his that didn't end in turnovers.

His PER is just above league average, his fg% would rank 10th among SF if he had a couple more games played (his games missed due to injury keep him from ranking, but 26 games is more than a good enough sample size), his rebounds per game would be 4th amongst small forwards, his blocks per game would be 14th, he's tied for fourth in ORtg on the Mavs and third in DRtg, and third on the team in ws/48 (behind Wright and Sarge).

He continues to be a highly underrated, above average player. His game just isn't pretty, which is why people don't like him. It's just like the Spurs or Mavs over the last decade. They aren't walking highlight reels and neither is Marion (anymore, there was a time when he was more exciting to watch). Both advanced and traditional stats show Marion continues to be an above average player despite age leading to declining athleticism.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedfactor View Post
    Rumor buzz has the Grizzlies pondering moving Rudy Gay. Would be a financial savings move on their part. Would you be interested as a Mavs fan? Deal would likely involve Mavs moving both Marion AND Kaman.

Gay's salary breakdown:

2012-2013 - $16,460,538
    2013-2014 - $17,888,932
    2014-2015 - $19,317,326 (Player Option)

Let's say next season Mavs have Dirk, Gay, Mayo, Crowder, James and Cunningham paid.

Assuming Mayo gets in the $8M range our total salary before cap holds and other players would be...

approximately - $54,576,457

My question though is wouldn't we have Mayo's bird rights and therefore any deal with him not count against our cap in terms of free agency?

I don't think it's possible, but if we could keep Gay and Mayo with Dirk and somehow still sign either Howard or even Andrew Bynum I'd be very happy with that core.
    first gay is good but not worth 17mil/year, i haven't seen him much so give me some details about him stats/pros/contra ....
    second bynum when healthy he can be a real force but i have no trust in him
    third i can't see an real situation were we can land howard with dirk/gay/mayo and calderon .... how would oour bench look like? ok our rookies but in this nba today its all about speed and deep bench

last but not least i would do this trade because beside of marions rebounding/defense this season its nothing special about him...

i will say it straight out of my head
    i want at
    center Howard > Cousins > ......
    PF clearly DÖÖÖÖÖÖÖRRRKKKKK
    SF hard to say Iggy > marion > ....
    SG mayo nice guy need to made is head clear
    PG Biggest problem to get because cp3 will not leave the clippers hate to realise it but calderon/lowry or rubio are nice guys beside paul who would be the ultimate...
    but at the end of the day maybe we can get all together and cuban wins with the darkhorse and we get our future stars in howard/paul along with dirk/mayo.... come on GOD make my dream come true

Andrew Graham:

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    This post is the kind of thing that happens when you just use your memory of the best/worst events to judge a player.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli...erRatio/page/4

Shawn Marion's turnover percentage is not bad. It's not good. It's average. So why bring it up? The only reason you'd bring it up is an attempt to bash the player. Yet the stats say you're incorrect. Humans have a tendency to exaggerate the good and the bad. In this case, clearly, as stats will prove, you just keep those in your head and not all the possessions of his that didn't end in turnovers.

His PER is just above league average, his fg% would rank 10th among SF if he had a couple more games played (his games missed due to injury keep him from ranking, but 26 games is more than a good enough sample size), his rebounds per game would be 4th amongst small forwards, his blocks per game would be 14th, he's tied for fourth in ORtg on the Mavs and third in DRtg, and third on the team in ws/48 (behind Wright and Sarge).

He continues to be a highly underrated, above average player. His game just isn't pretty, which is why people don't like him. It's just like the Spurs or Mavs over the last decade. They aren't walking highlight reels and neither is Marion (anymore, there was a time when he was more exciting to watch). Both advanced and traditional stats show Marion continues to be an above average player despite age leading to declining athleticism.
    I've watched every Mavs game this year. All I do aside from school, work, and girls is play basketball or watch NBA. I've watched every Mavs game including preseason I don't need advanced stats this isn't baseball.

I'm not bashing Marion, he's the type of player the league needs more of honestly. But that doesn't change the fact he's only about 60-70% as productive and impactful as he was a couple years ago with the Mavs. Players get older they become less impactful for their teams especially an athletic player like Marion. Always. Okay maybe not Jordan but he probably would have if he didn't retire.

You can tell just by watching each game he's not as impactful. He still does the same things just less effective. Im not saying he's not good or worth keeping I'm just saying he's not a lock at this point if a trade comes along.

and this isn't baseball stats/advanced stats don't make or break an argument in the NBA where you're stats are highly based off of your usage on the team and the system.

plus your turnover stats don't say how key/impactful the turnover was they just count how many turnovers the guy had in an entire game.
    it makes a difference if Marion turns it over from fault of a teammate 10:00 left in first quarter vs throwing the ball away on a wide open pass with 3 minutes left in the 4th right after gaining momentum.

vCash
    This person in another forum posted this trade idea:

Memphis, Sacramento and Dallas 3-way

Memphis acquires:
    Shawn Marion
    Tyreke Evans
    Roddy B

Sacramento acquires:
    Rudy Gay
    Jerryd Bayless
    Brandan Wright

Dallas acquires:
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Travis Outlaw
    Jimmer Fredette

Numbers work, but how do you guys think each team makes out?

Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast