Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    vCash
    I can post again, yayz. Apparently making a new account is an act of terrorism on this site.

vCash
    Jurrjens signed with Baltimore. I think he's bad and an even worse fir for our division, but who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Jurrjens signed with Baltimore. I think he's bad and an even worse fir for our division, but who knows.
    I agree but an extremely low buy in cost. If he has any success in this division it will raise his value come trade deadline. Nothing wrong with that. I was interested in him.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Towers got raped in that trade.
    I sure don't think so but I'm not much of a fan of erratic performances. I think Upton is just as likely to glide to a soft landing like his brother has as he is to become a perennial MVP candidate. Getting moved because you're a PiTA is not helpful to your long term career either.

Ehh Prado has one year left and I'm losing some faith in Delgado
    He just had a comparable season to Doubront and he turns 23 in two weeks.

Agree. I was never a Jurrjens fan.

vCash
    Also, the D-Backs want to extend Prado, who I absolutely love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    I sure don't think so but I'm not much of a fan of erratic performances. I think Upton is just as likely to glide to a soft landing like his brother has as he is to become a perennial MVP candidate. Getting moved because you're a PiTA is not helpful to your long term career either.
    I think a change of scenery will help Justin. His GM call him an underachiever, a questionable winning player, etc. The parties had to part. Good luck to Justin.

vCash
    i think now that Upton is in Atl we should really try to get Tex or Arz to take Jacoby. not sure Arz would take him because they seem to be rebuilding. But if we could get Olt and a spec arm for him id pull the trigger

vCash
    Whole point for Arizona trading one of Upton/Kubel is because they have a surplus of OF's, why would they want another one?

vCash
    Arizona could use a "starting CF", but Eaton is slept on almost horrendously. The guy is going to be such an under the radar star. Any Jacoby deal would probably involve Parra though, so it would probably end up being some huge unrealistic trade anyway. We'll see at the deadline how things have shaken up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    I think a change of scenery will help Justin. His GM call him an underachiever, a questionable winning player, etc. The parties had to part. Good luck to Justin.
    I think that the kid was given every opportunity to step up and he didn't. Calling him out was, I think, the last effort to shake him up and get him to focus on the game. Judging by his slash, it did not work.

For his sake (and the Braves, probably my #1 NL team) I hope the change does him good. I just have doubts that he'll reach the potential that so many think is there just like his brother.

At any rate, I don't think ARI got abused. Prado is a fair replacement for his actual (not potential) production in the lineup and Delgado is still a promising young arm. Final evaluation of the deal in say two or three years will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    i think now that Upton is in Atl we should really try to get Tex or Arz to take Jacoby. not sure Arz would take him because they seem to be rebuilding. But if we could get Olt and a spec arm for him id pull the trigger
    I've been all for moving him to TEX for a couple years of Andrus or perhaps a multi-player deal centered on Profar or Olt. ARI doesn't make sense since they're dealing from surplus and don't appear to be a long-term spot for Ellsbury in FA.

vCash
    I read that the Rangers were offering Olt, one of Buckel/Perez and Leury Garcia for Upton.

If you can get Olt + one of Buckel/Perez in return for Ellsbury I think you have to do it, add Salty to the deal and ask for a lottery ticket spec like Guzman, Mazara or Alfaro.

vCash
    I would agree too. Olt is overrated for the most part considering his age, league, and high K%, but he should be productive even though I'm not sure he's an all star.

vCash
    I like Buckel quite a bit and Olt would be a nice trade piece for us or insurance for Napoli.

vCash
    I would like to move Salty in a deal for LoMo depending on his value in trade at the moment.

vCash
    I kinda like how Texas isnt panicking and blowing up there farm just because they missed out on JH an ZG. I think thier patience will pay off for them in the long run

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast