Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Did you hear Payton wasn't on their sidelines? One had nothing to do with the other.
    my point is simple. if you aren;'t a playoff caliber team, the superbowl being in your stadium means nothing to your playoff chacnes. giants might make it, it will have nothing to do with the game being in new jersey
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    my point is simple. if you aren;'t a playoff caliber team, the superbowl being in your stadium means nothing to your playoff chacnes. giants might make it, it will have nothing to do with the game being in new jersey

No shiat??????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Which non-playoff teams can easily turn it around next season and compete?

Chicago
    NYG
    Dallas
    St. Louis
    Carolina
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Arizona
    Detroit
    Philadelphia
    Pittsburgh
    San Diego
    Miami
    Tennessee
    NYJ
    Buffalo
    Cleveland
    Oakland
    Jacksonville
    Kansas City
    new york giants, new orleans, st. louis, chicago, and my only AFC team that i think can easily turn it around is pittsburgh, especially if Todd Haley takes another job somewhere else

vCash
    san deigo actually has a good chance now the norv turner is gone
    The Chargers' problems have been about much more than just Norv Turner. There's a reason why A.J. Smith was fired too.

Norv Turner is like Wade Phillips and Dick LeBeau: awesome coordinator, lousy head coach.
    "He’s the most underrated quarterback of the 21st century."

-Bill Simmons (Editor, Grantland) discussing Ben Roethlisberger

"Roethlisberger is perpetually underrated, to the point that even when he breaks records, it doesn’t really feel like it."

-Joseph Milord (Editor, Elite Daily)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mpv88nyj View Post
    ...my only AFC team that i think can easily turn it around is pittsburgh, especially if Todd Haley takes another job somewhere else
    Todd Haley wasn't the problem for the Steelers offense. The problem was a banged-up QB handing off or throwing to a bunch of skill-position players who undermined their physical talent by being soft, lazy or stupid. And the perennial offensive line injuries late in the season didn't help either. (Nor did all the injuries to key defensive players early in the season, for that matter.)

Quite honestly, I loved what I was seeing from the passing game before Ben Roethlisberger got hurt. He wasn't the same after he came back, and by that time the offensive linemen were dropping like flies, which then made it impossible to rely on the running game to take some of the load off Roethlisberger's injured shoulder, especially since the running game was mediocre even when the offensive line was healthy.

Besides, any time an offensive coordinator installs an entirely new system, it typically takes two years for the offense to become his. The first year is spent drafting players who fit the system, teaching the veteran players the new system, and observing whether or not those players are good fits. The second year is spent replacing those players who don't fit the system well enough.

"Roethlisberger is perpetually underrated, to the point that even when he breaks records, it doesn’t really feel like it."

vCash
    Everyone is just picking playoff teams from last year

Ill go with some sleepers. Carolina and Miami. The Panthers easily could have been a 10 team win this year, just some really bad 4th quarter play with a few additions on defense and maybe another target for Cam they can be dangerous.

Miami has a foundation set up and the AFC is weak as hell. Bring back Bush, get a sick defense with the cap space and Miami could steal a wild card spot, hell maybe even the division since the Pats schedule is tough as hell

vCash
    obviously Giants, Steelers, Saints...ill also say Buffalo, i expect them to make some moves this offseason and get a new QB...they have the base of a potentially very good defense, would like to see them reach their potential on that side of the ball next year

vCash
    Steelers and saints. Steelers had a lot of key injuries. Saints lost their coach. Next season they'll be back.
    I think Lebron is just the best all-around player we have in the game today.
    -Magic Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    The Chargers' problems have been about much more than just Norv Turner. There's a reason why A.J. Smith was fired too.

Norv Turner is like Wade Phillips and Dick LeBeau: awesome coordinator, lousy head coach.
    right, so dumping those 2 guys means they have a chance to turn it aorund, especially in a pretty weak division. the only team to worry about their is the broncos
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    right, so dumping those 2 guys means they have a chance to turn it aorund, especially in a pretty weak division.
    That mess won't be fixed overnight.

vCash
    Not Oakland

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345