Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Cowboys anyone?

vCash
    Bucaneers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Best Division? NFC North. I don't think its all that close either.
    They're pretty close, both sent 2 teams to the playoffs and the rams are definitely improving with Jeff Fisher as coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    They're pretty close, both sent 2 teams to the playoffs and the rams are definitely improving with Jeff Fisher as coach.
    NFC North is still better.

vCash
    NYG
    Chitown
    Saints
    Steelers
    Last edited by popo85; 12-31-2012 at 04:35 PM.

vCash
    Bears, Giants, Saints

Other teams with a good chance are Steelers and Lions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    Cowboys anyone?
    I would say the Cowboys, but I honestly think their division is going to get better. RG3 will continue to win, the Giants should be better, and Philly will win possibly a game more ... so the Cowboys might be 9-7 next year, but not necessarily a playoff team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenred View Post
    I would say the Cowboys, but I honestly think their division is going to get better. RG3 will continue to win, the Giants should be better, and Philly will win possibly a game more ... so the Cowboys might be 9-7 next year, but not necessarily a playoff team.
    But the Cowboys should be better too if they do anything right in the offseason lol. I just thought it was messed up that no one is mentioning them.

vCash
    Saints.

Tampa Bay.

Bears.

Steelers.

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    I think injuries killed the Steelers this season. Yes, injuries are part of the game. No, not all injuries are created equal. When they disproportionately affect a team's best players, or when there are numerous injuries on one unit or at one position, then it becomes a problem.

Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu and James Harrison are the three "superstars" on the team, and all three missed multiple games due to injuries. They also tried playing through their injuries and were ineffective in the process. Polamalu and Harrison both missed significant time early in the season and failed to make an impact until the final month. Roethlisberger was injured mid-season and hasn't been the same since.

Several other impact players (Antonio Brown, Ryan Clark, Maurkice Pouncey, Ike Taylor, LaMarr Woodley) missed multiple games as well, and two (Heath Miller, Mike Wallace) missed one game. In fact, Brett Keisel and Lawrence Timmons were the only two impact players who were healthy for all 16 games.

To make matters worse, the RBs and LBs were depleted by injuries early in the season, the QBs mid-season, and the CBs and offensive linemen late in the season. When third- and fourth-string players get significant playing time, then there's a problem. At least Baron Batch, Kelvin Beachum, Josh Victorian and DeMarcus Van **** all got to experience something more than the pre-season.

Last April, the Steelers drafted David DeCastro in the first round and Sean Spence in the third round, and both players impressed the coaches during the pre-season, but both ended up on IR before the regular season even started. At least DeCastro was recalled. Spence was not. And Mike Adams, their second-round draft pick, was injured after filling in for another offensive lineman who ended up on IR. Adams missed the last six games of the season himself.

So yeah, when all a team's superstars and most of its impact players miss extended periods of time, and different units of the team get wiped out at various times, and two of the top three rookies don't even make it to the regular season, then it really does begin to add up and negatively impact the performance of the team, and it can most certainly make the difference between 11-5 or 12-4 and 8-8. It's death by a thousand cuts.

If the Steelers have a good draft and avoid too many significant injuries to their best players next season, then they'll be back in the mix in 2013.
    Last edited by DBR96A; 12-31-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    But the Cowboys should be better too if they do anything right in the offseason lol. I just thought it was messed up that no one is mentioning them.
    They could be better, but their expectations are always playoffs or Super Bowl. So they won't turn it around and become a SB contender. Though I see what you're saying.

vCash
    saints in the NFC, steelers in the AFC
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Well, I expect it is easy to select a 7, 8, 9 or 10 win team from this past season that didn't make the play-offs and call them a turn around. Which of the 6 win or less teams will turn it around? I would like to say the Lions but they have some significant pay rates coming up for their top players that could really limit their ability to field a team with any/lots of depth at the various positions.

So, that said...my shot in the dark is the Cleveland Browns.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Dolphins.

Amirite?

But honestly, I hope so. We got the cap space and draft picks to make some noise but knowing this organization, they'll probably screw it up again.

2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenred View Post
    I think Washington takes a step back next year to 3rd place. Looking at it now, they have a brutal schedule...

@ GB
    @ Min
    @ Atl
    @ Den
    vs SF

The Cowboys and Giants get GB, Min, and Den all at home while not having to play SF or ATL.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast