Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Bruce Arians??

vCash

Bruce Arians??

Chuck Pagano is back as Colts HC.... After a successful season stepping in as interim coach, you think teams should look into him as a candidate? Should the Colts owner pay him more to stay as an assistant?

If this thread exists feel free to merge it or remove it

vCash
    He deff deserves a look at a HC spot even with his age being a factor.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    He'll be a head coach if he wants to.

vCash
    He could do wonders for the Chicago Bear's offense woes.

The guy made Ben Roethlisberger into an elite QB, it was obvious that the Steelers miss the guy. It was a boneheaded move forcing him into retirement.

The Colts played some amazing football this season and it's completely thanks to Arians. He could stay and help develop Luck even more (Possibly the next elite NFL QB), or he can go coach a team. I really think it just depends on what jobs are available when the Colts are out of the playoffs.

The Bears and the Chargers would be playoff teams with this guy. I think he could really do some amazing work with Cutler or Rivers.

vCash
    I see him staying in Indy unless one of the "better" jobs available offers him. As said above.

vCash
    He'll probably win COY so he definitely deserves a spot somewhere. I wouldn't mind if he left, but i know the players/FO really like him.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    be nice to see him get his shot.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    someone will give him a job if he wants to be a HC
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    The guy made Ben Roethlisberger into an elite QB, it was obvious that the Steelers miss the guy. It was a boneheaded move forcing him into retirement.
    Bruce Arians helped Roethlisberger in some ways but hurt him in others. Over the years, Roethlisberger has made fewer and fewer bad decisions when throwing the ball, and that can certainly be attributed to Arians. But Arians never taught him the art of throwing the ball away, which Todd Haley has done with some degree of success. (I saw more passes thrown away this season than any two seasons under Arians.)

Furthermore, Arians' system has some design flaws itself, with not enough short routes or checkdowns. It's a very vertical offense that often requires the QB to hold the ball a long time. As a result, the system requires a physically dominant offensive line in order to reach its full potential. Without it, the plays break down more often than they should, and the QB gets sacked and hit and has to rely on ad-libbing more often than he should. It's a rather QB-unfriendly system of offense. It'd remind Bear fans of Mike Martz.

The reason why the Steelers sent Arians on his way was because they were concerned about the beating their $100M+ franchise QB was taking. Some of it was on Roethlisberger, but then it was Arians' job to correct it one way or another, whether by teaching him when to throw the ball away, adding a few short options to the passing game, or running the ball more effectively. Arians did none of the above, and he paid the price for it.

I also believe that Todd Haley hasn't been given enough of a chance. When an offensive coordinator installs a new system, it typically takes two years to become what he wants it to be. We saw glimpses of what the passing game could become before Roethlisberger was injured, but between that injury, the mental midgetry on display at RB and WR, and injuries to the offensive line late in the season, things unraveled down the stretch. Maybe the play-calling could have been better in a couple of games, but other than that, Haley was not the problem for the Steelers.

Back to Arians: maybe he's better off as a head coach than an offensive coordinator. He seems to be a good leader of men, and players would run through brick walls for him, but his X's and O's never satisfied me for many of the reasons I detailed above. If he became a head coach, then he'd be more of an overseer and a delegator, and less involved with the X's and O's.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Come to Dallas

vCash
    Bears were first team to request permission to interview Arians

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    I see him staying in Indy unless one of the "better" jobs available offers him. As said above.
    Im sorry but Chicago would be a dream town for him!

vCash
    ^ I consider Chicago as one of the "better" jobs available, probably the best one actually.

vCash
    the next hc of the bears

vCash
    Chicago, San Diego are possibilities.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck