Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If Pryor is going to be the future QB, Oakland should really look at a series of coaches who run 'spread' type variations of the WCO -- Mornhinweg and Chan Gailey come immediately to mind.

Norv Turner, Al Saunders and Cam Cameron are three guys who run very good offensive systems in the opposite direction - the 'number' system, which is more about timing routes and power-blocking up front.

There are a lot of proven options out there this year. Hell, Bill Callahan is floating around in Dallas - he has playcalling experience, head coaching experience and a VERY strong track record of developing an offensive line.

Another interesting name is Chris Ault, the long-time head coach in Nevada. He's the man who invented the 'pistol' offense, which is one of the most dynamic offensive developments of the past decade.

vCash
    throw this out as a Wild Card....do you think they dare try to interview Tom Cable....just throwing it out there ha ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrown76 View Post
    throw this out as a Wild Card....do you think they dare try to interview Tom Cable....just throwing it out there ha ha
    Why, is the team short on towel boys?
    PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW COACH OF YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    If Pryor is going to be the future QB, Oakland should really look at a series of coaches who run 'spread' type variations of the WCO -- Mornhinweg and Chan Gailey come immediately to mind.

Norv Turner, Al Saunders and Cam Cameron are three guys who run very good offensive systems in the opposite direction - the 'number' system, which is more about timing routes and power-blocking up front.

There are a lot of proven options out there this year. Hell, Bill Callahan is floating around in Dallas - he has playcalling experience, head coaching experience and a VERY strong track record of developing an offensive line.

Another interesting name is Chris Ault, the long-time head coach in Nevada. He's the man who invented the 'pistol' offense, which is one of the most dynamic offensive developments of the past decade.
    I really find it very hard to bring back The Hue Jacksons, the Tom Cables, the Norv Turners, or even the Jon Grudens. I honestly feel that we need to start fresh with an OC that was never part of the Raiders.

vCash
    looks like Norv Turner will actually not be going to the Cowboys to be the play-caller.

I got a feeling he might just sit out a week or two and see what opens up.

vCash

I could see Ault possibly replacing Greg Roman in SF if he leaves to be HC in college or elsewhere. Or he could simply just be added to their staff. He did work with Kaep. I think the Raiders will go for someone as OC with actual NFL experience though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    looks like Norv Turner will actually not be going to the Cowboys to be the play-caller.

I got a feeling he might just sit out a week or two and see what opens up.
    Reggie and Dennis should be on the phone with Norv right now, offering him whatever salary he wants to take the job.

Norv could be, IMO, a sort of 'legacy' coordinator, similar to what the Steelers have in Dick LeBeau. Hire Turner as OC and leave him there for however long he wants to stay.

What I'd really like is for Oakland to hire a stable coordinator who can run the offense for the next 3-5 years, at least. Turner, Mornhinweg, Gailey - failed head coaches who won't get another 'promotion' opportunity, in essence.

Al Saunders fits the bill, as well.

vCash
    Shannonhan son Or possibly chip Kelly ??????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    I could see Ault possibly replacing Greg Roman in SF if he leaves to be HC in college or elsewhere. Or he could simply just be added to their staff. He did work with Kaep. I think the Raiders will go for someone as OC with actual NFL experience though.
    That's very possible.

It's also possible Ault ends up with Chip Kelly in Philadelphia, running some Frankenstein monster of an NFL/spread offense.

Man... that sounds like it would be fun to watch, right?

My basic premise is this - Pryor has a unique skill-set, but he also has the potential to be a "real" QB. It will take a coordinator / coach of extraordinary creativity to get the most out of Pryor.

Or... you go with Turner, who can get the most out of Palmer - trust me on that, Palmer will have a career year under Turner - while developing Pryor to be a more polished offensive weapon out of a "traditional" offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdgallday View Post
    Shannonhan son Or possibly chip Kelly ??????
    No - Shanny's kid is next in line in Washington.

Chip Kelly is strongly rumored to be heading to an NFL team as an NFL head coach. Why would he go from a top-echelon college football coach to an assistant in the NFL?

He'll be a head coach - either at Oregon, or at the NFL level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mal22 View Post
    I want Hue back. I know I'm bout to get clowned but Hue gets my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me too.

It is what it is.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    That's very possible.

It's also possible Ault ends up with Chip Kelly in Philadelphia, running some Frankenstein monster of an NFL/spread offense.

Man... that sounds like it would be fun to watch, right?

My basic premise is this - Pryor has a unique skill-set, but he also has the potential to be a "real" QB. It will take a coordinator / coach of extraordinary creativity to get the most out of Pryor.

Or... you go with Turner, who can get the most out of Palmer - trust me on that, Palmer will have a career year under Turner - while developing Pryor to be a more polished offensive weapon out of a "traditional" offense.
    If Turner came here we'd be competing with the Broncos for the AFC West crown. If Carolina's HC gets fired along with their OC Rob Chudzinski - then that would be a great fit here with Pryor to help his development.

The longer Carolina waits to say something, the less likely he'll be sondiered by the Raiders if they're gonna move fast. A LOT of staffs are being put together as we speak with another HC job or two possibly opening up. Raiders have no choice but to get their guy fairly quickly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I really don't care who they get as long as they learn from their mistake and not rush just to grab someone. Let's get someone who's a good fit.
    The thing is you have to rush.

It is Black Monday for a reason.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    If the Raiders would secure Norv Turner, allow him to bring in his own offensive coaches too - I'd be ecstatic. I think he'd be such a great fit for Palmer and would definitely help get Pryor ready/get a nice look for Reggie to see if he can be the guy.

Call me crazy but Norv is the only coach the Raiders could hire as OC right now that makes me think Superbowl. That guy just focused as OC with a veteran like Palmer... that gets me giddy.

I bet it's still a day or so before we even here of some names. It's still early but the Raiders can't afford to wait for someone who may be an assistant in the playoffs. Even though the guys who will replace the HC's haven't been hired in some places, they already have staffs together ready to sign on.
    Last edited by chucklemethis; 01-01-2013 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    The more I think about it, the more I like it --- I want Noel Mazzone as the offensive coordinator. He runs a uptempo, spread offense. He has turned in some NFL caliber QB's (Rivers, Osweiler, ect.), not to mention he made a red shirt freshman last year look like a top 10 pick in two years...And he turned a UCLA offense from one of the worst in college football, to one of the best in one season with essentially the same personnel.

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast