Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    It will be someone who is a proven operator of the WCO-ZBS. This team is not about to waste the painful lessons learned. Watching the Redskins run Alfred Morris down Dallas throat in the second half of last nights game showed me two things: 1) The Raiders are implementing the correct offensive mindset. 2) Darren McFadden will never be the answer.

Its too bad Greg Knapp probably will not be retained as the QB's coach, because he did a good job with transitioning a pure pocket passer into a decent QB for this scheme, the argument on whether Carson Palmer should stay is irrelevent, the Raiders will still need a good QB coach to either continue to work with Carson or develop a new starter. I heard a lot of people give Pryor props on a suprisingly decent effort, the credit should be directed at Knapp for Pryor's improvement.

Moving forward, the new OC will no doubt have A successful track record with the WCO offense and Zone Blocking as well as strong credentials and developing QB's for this system. Its also important to remember than the line coach will be an important element. To me, a few names that fit this profile would be Bill Callahan, Chan Gailey, Ken Whisenhunt and Marty Mornhinweg.
    I doubt the Zone Blocking Scheme returns. Firing Frank Pollack along with Knapp, someone along with Knapp who was suppose to teach the ZBS, shows DA most likely is gonna move away from the ZBS. And the list of names you have provided all run more of the PBS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I'd be fine with someone who has no play calling experience in the past.

The scheme matters - which play is called in what situation is highly overrated, IMO.

The OC's real job is getting players prepared during the week to be in a position to succeed on Sunday. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I disagree. Knapp is a very talented QB coach and has the reputation of being a solid offensive coach, the liability he represents as play caller is what in my opnion prevents him from be an effective OC. No matter how well you prepare your team, you still must execute on Sunday.

vCash
    Btw I meant no disrespect, I read your posts and you know your stuff, I just feel that an OC needs to be able to adapt and improvise, Knapp about wore Lechler out last season with his playcalling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Ummm... No to Al Saunders
    Great insight.

vCash
    I agree about the no to Al Saunders, it would waste the sweat equity invested in this years learning curve. Forget the nonsense about building an offense that would better fit McFadden, you never pin your hopes on a flake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    Great insight.

Yeah....lets force a dracaic complex system down the throat of our offense that involves downfield passing with a INT machine at QB and WR's that drop the ball. No thanks....

I'd like a little continuity for once. Stay with WCO...you know...the scheme that got us to our las Super Bowl.

vCash
    Speaking of the last Super Bowl team, is Marc Trestman still up in Canada?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I agree about the no to Al Saunders, it would waste the sweat equity invested in this years learning curve. Forget the nonsense about building an offense that would better fit McFadden, you never pin your hopes on a flake.
    I agree no to Saunders. I wouldnt say u build a offense that better fits McFadden but an offense that fits the O-line. With execptions to maybe Brisiel and Carlisle this O-line might be better suited for the PBS. There is no right scheme anyways. Of the top running teams it is almost an even split on schemes so no scheme is better than the other.

vCash
    Allen also discussed Carson Palmer's health and commented that Carson should be able to participate in the OTA's without any lingering effects of his career ending injury, one would surmise reading between the lines that Allen wants him back.

vCash
    Jeff Tedford, Bobby Petrino, Norv Turner and my dark horse Karl Dorrell

vCash
    Bobby Petrino has a job.

vCash
    Tedford would be nice. Known as a QB coach but always produced a good run game. Had an 1,000 rusher almost every single season at Cal.

vCash
    Tedford is my pick.

vCash
    it will never happen but i would loooove to see Mike Holmgren get back on the sidelines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    it will never happen but i would loooove to see Mike Holmgren get back on the sidelines
    You're right, it's not going to happen. However, with the new regime, there are a lot of possible candidates. I think I'd prefer a veteran OC, like one of the head coaches who was recently fired. Maybe Gailey or Wisenhunt.

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast