Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Here's my view on DA. I believe as a rookie head coach he just wanted to get the pieces in place to start the 2012 season, I think he was some what desperate and really had no good judge of character. A rookie coach flaw. I think this season will teach him a lot as to evaluate personnel and hire the right coach for the right job. I'm glad we kept DA for continuity. This year was a trial and tribulation for DA. 2013 is when he will be really tested for his decision making. I really believe Palmer and DMC can be the players we need. Knapp held us back much like Al Davis did. Also keep in mind, we now have a GM who will also be accountable, which has never been done. Here's to 2013!
    Very well stated. We can't forget what a mess of a job this was to walk into. He definitely screwed up by hiring Knapp but I think having a year under his belt will help tremendously in evaluating talent on both sides of the ball as well as the coaching staff.

vCash
    You can scratch Norv off the list. Dallas is looking for an OC/playcaller for Garrett, and what a perfect place for Norv to return to...

Whisenhunt will likely become a head coach again or go somewhere else. He'll be hired as a HC if he does well here. I think Reggie is gonna look for a guy that's not gonna jump ship for a HC after a year. Chan Gailey is interesting, but how realistic?

I can't wait to hear some names break that we haven't heard yet. There has to be some wildcards in play here we're not talking about.

vCash
    Honestly, if we can't get Norv, then I'd just go with Al Saunders. He's already on the staff. His offense is lethal if the players can grasp it. He's a helluva coach.

vCash
    Jeremy Bates is an interesting option. Worked with Shanahan and Cutler before they were fired, was working with Cutler the past year in Chicago...an option.

vCash
    Rob Chudzinski, Jeremy Bates could be wildcard OC candidates. Looks like Norv is heading to Dallas. Whisenhunt will get another HC gig. Gailey up in the air

vCash
    Can't wait to finally see some names starting to surface. I hope they give Whisenhunt a good look, but wouldn't mind settling for Saunders either.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    I want us to take the first OC off the market. Get the guy you want and do it now.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Hue Jackson.....someone on here said he "wouldn't take a demotion". Seems like a promotion to go from safeties coach with the Bengals (a humbling experience) to OC with the Raiders. An Al DAvis hire, a lot has changed since Hue was named HC of the Raiders. Sometimes you gotta take a look at yourself and say I'll do better this time. HIRE HUE, BRING BACK THE WIZ and WYLIE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderIke37 View Post
    Hue Jackson.....someone on here said he "wouldn't take a demotion". Seems like a promotion to go from safeties coach with the Bengals (a humbling experience) to OC with the Raiders. An Al DAvis hire, a lot has changed since Hue was named HC of the Raiders. Sometimes you gotta take a look at yourself and say I'll do better this time. HIRE HUE, BRING BACK THE WIZ and WYLIE!
    I was wondering when someone would mention Hue.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Edgar Bennet from GB would have some ties to McKenzie, although he's never called plays before
    First joined Packers on April 10, 2001, to head player development department; promoted to running backs coach on Jan. 28, 2005, and re-named to the position by Mike McCarthy on Jan. 17, 2006; named to new post as wide receivers coach on Feb. 25, 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    Edgar Bennet from GB would have some ties to McKenzie, although he's never called plays before
    I doubt DA will go with someone with zero playcalling experience...unless the guy played in the 70s as a successful NFL QB. They called their own plays back then.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I doubt DA will go with someone with zero playcalling experience...unless the guy played in the 70s as a successful NFL QB. They called their own plays back then.
    I'd be fine with someone who has no play calling experience in the past.

The scheme matters - which play is called in what situation is highly overrated, IMO.

The OC's real job is getting players prepared during the week to be in a position to succeed on Sunday. Nothing more, nothing less.

vCash
    Im a avid raider fan Who watches every game and i dont post much on here at all but its fustrating reading the fustration of fellow fans. So glad they fired that bum knapp dude couldnt call a peewee football game. Definately saw this coming though we should have never scrapped Hues scheme for knapps. I had no problem with Hue leaving but, his scheme played to our player's strengths ala Mcfadden. This also explains why Wiesnewski left as he most likely saw this disaster coming. At least They are correcting their mistakes know. Bottom line is you gotta put a scheme in place that best suits your players skill sets and not try and force a scheme upon them. If theyre going to stick wit zone/west coast then they might as well get rid of everyone who doesnt fit and bring in guys who fit the strengths of what they're trying to do.

vCash
    Allen added that he is fully aware of the success McFadden enjoyed under Jackson.
    “There were some good things that were done the year prior as far as what they did, the execution,” Allen said. “What I want to do is get the right guy for the job. I’m not tied into the system but I want to make sure that we’re able to be a successful, productive offense. We have to have some rhythm and some explosiveness in our offense.”

Allen said he considered Al Saunders for the offensive coordinator position before he hired Knapp last offseason. Saunders is back in the mix now.
    “We’re going to look at all the possible options,” Allen said.

Oakland Insider
    Last edited by RaiderIke37; 12-31-2012 at 06:35 PM.

vCash
    It will be someone who is a proven operator of the WCO-ZBS. This team is not about to waste the painful lessons learned. Watching the Redskins run Alfred Morris down Dallas throat in the second half of last nights game showed me two things: 1) The Raiders are implementing the correct offensive mindset. 2) Darren McFadden will never be the answer.

Its too bad Greg Knapp probably will not be retained as the QB's coach, because he did a good job with transitioning a pure pocket passer into a decent QB for this scheme, the argument on whether Carson Palmer should stay is irrelevent, the Raiders will still need a good QB coach to either continue to work with Carson or develop a new starter. I heard a lot of people give Pryor props on a suprisingly decent effort, the credit should be directed at Knapp for Pryor's improvement.

Moving forward, the new OC will no doubt have A successful track record with the WCO offense and Zone Blocking as well as strong credentials and developing QB's for this system. Its also important to remember than the line coach will be an important element. To me, a few names that fit this profile would be Bill Callahan, Chan Gailey, Ken Whisenhunt and Marty Mornhinweg.

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast