Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 651
  1. #631
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    10,545
    vCash
    1500
    And so began Al's descent into madness. We've never been the same since.

    -Stork

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    And so began Al's descent into madness. We've never been the same since.

    -Stork
    BINGO!!! Uncle Al couldn't get out of Uncle Al's way. Everyone in the NFL loop knew Al had lost it, that NFL had passed him by, and saw how he flushed his own team down the crapper......everyone saw this as plain as the noses on their faces....everyone expect Uncle Al........
    Last edited by N. Cog Neato; 01-20-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Spelling

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    WTF are you talking about?

    Nobody has ever verified that money the Rat says was owed and he never took action on it.

    What exactly did Al "do" to him?

    The Rat went hog wild and started firing Raider assistants. He brought in Nic Nicolau to replace Fred Belitnikoff. He brought in several others before canning Art Shell for Alex Gibbs. Al says he never signed off on those firings and got upset when a new assistant asked Art why he was sticking around.

    The Rat came in and started making radical changes that went far beyond the authority he was given.

    Get your facts straight.

    Try that at a job in the real world and see if it goes well.

    That money claim was debunked by the NFL too.

    What exactly did Al "do" to him that would warrant such feelings?

    Please dude.
    The most important fact is Mike Shanahan has 3 SB rings since he left the Raiders 1 wSF and 2 with Denver...........that there is the greatness of Al Davis.

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    The idea isn't radical if that's what he contracted for.

    However, he did not and that was used as the cause for breach getting him fired.

    Hence, the breach led to Al not having to pay the money as a condition of the contract.

    SI had an entire article on it during the 89 season.

    Nobody got that kind of control when working for Al and Al made sure it was in writing.

    That is why the Rat never challenged it.
    And THAT is why we haven't won a SB since 1983..........Al's EGO!!

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,148
    vCash
    1500
    Uncle Al never wanted anything more than a functional HC at best. That's why no one worth a grain of salt would come.....he wanted a stooge to take the blame when things went bad, and he'd take the glory for when it went well........he was an egomaniac that was too busy looking in the mirror, and also over his shoulder.....sad when you really think about it.

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,315
    vCash
    1500
    Firing Shanahan is one that Al can't have back. He is definitely a big one that got away.

    The sports section of the Denver paper is epic during any week that we play Denver. It's dubbed "Raider week" because just hating the Raiders on Sunday wasn't satisfying enough for the players or the fans. Shanahan fostered some of that fixation on the Raiders, imagine if ha had been allowed to continue his work in LA?

    Oh the possibilities....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

    Unknown

  7. #637
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,469
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    The most important fact is Mike Shanahan has 3 SB rings since he left the Raiders 1 wSF and 2 with Denver...........that there is the greatness of Al Davis.

    And to think....we could've had Alex Gibbs coaching our running game into history books for 12 years instead of Art Shell....

    Perfect example of why Al Davis lost it for decades....

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,352
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    The idea isn't radical if that's what he contracted for.

    However, he did not and that was used as the cause for breach getting him fired.

    Hence, the breach led to Al not having to pay the money as a condition of the contract.

    SI had an entire article on it during the 89 season.

    Nobody got that kind of control when working for Al and Al made sure it was in writing.

    That is why the Rat never challenged it.
    You made my point for me. It was absurd for Al to bring in a guy from outside of the organization and not give him the latitude to make changes.

  9. #639
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    And THAT is why we haven't won a SB since 1983..........Al's EGO!!
    It was his team.

    The issue was whether it was warranted.

    Don't move the goal posts.

    Shanahan had Elway and his record as a Coach with Elway is light years from what it is without him.

    The Rat has 1 or 2 playoff wins since 1998.

    Nice try!

  10. #640
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    You made my point for me. It was absurd for Al to bring in a guy from outside of the organization and not give him the latitude to make changes.
    Al told Rick Reilly in 89 that he brought him in to add new ideas and not to make radical changes.

    The Rat has 2 post season wins since Elway retired in 1998.

    We didn't have an extra Elway lying around so your point is moot.

  11. #641
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Firing Shanahan is one that Al can't have back. He is definitely a big one that got away.

    The sports section of the Denver paper is epic during any week that we play Denver. It's dubbed "Raider week" because just hating the Raiders on Sunday wasn't satisfying enough for the players or the fans. Shanahan fostered some of that fixation on the Raiders, imagine if ha had been allowed to continue his work in LA?

    Oh the possibilities....
    2 post season wins since Elway retired.

    Yeah, if only we had Elway.

  12. #642
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    And THAT is why we haven't won a SB since 1983..........Al's EGO!!
    I never disputed that.

    The issue was whether the Rat deserved to be fired and whether Al owed him money.

    Funny how the posters in this room can't stay on point.

  13. #643
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    The most important fact is Mike Shanahan has 3 SB rings since he left the Raiders 1 wSF and 2 with Denver...........that there is the greatness of Al Davis.
    Elway & Steve Young.

    2 post season wins since 1998.

    Nufsed~!

  14. #644
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,807
    vCash
    1500
    Some of you guys need to get over Al. He is dead. Let him be. Why do I get the feeling that you will still be blaming Al years from now. In his lifetime he became a billionaire, won 3 superbowls, and was a pioneer in the NFL. How did you do? You must admire the fact he didn't just blend in and do what everyone else was doing. He did things his way. Not always right, but his way. For all those things mentioned, is why I became a Raider fan....... He was different...just like the fans.

  15. #645
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    south jersey,but a calif native.
    Posts
    4,237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I don't believe Gregg Williams was ever associated with the Raiders.
    x
    Last edited by raiderdave; 01-21-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •