Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    DeMarcus Davis‏ @DeMarcusRFNET
    #Raiders head coach Dennis Allen said he is not "tied" into any specific offensive system. #raidernation

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    I wouldn't mind taking a look at Marty Mornhinweg as OC.

vCash
    #Raiders Dennis Allen said he's made only 4 changes in coaching personell and he "doesn't anticipate" any more changes. #raidernation

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

vCash
    It was clear that the offense wasn't up to snuff. It's a good start. There's a lot of coaches out there that would want this job considering that there's no where to go but up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders420 View Post
    Maybe WR's that can't run routes or catch contribute to the INT's? Palmer just needs better production from them as well as the RB's.
    When Palmer had two amazing wr's he was an int machine. The difference is putting him an offense that minimizes his ability to take chances which is what WCO does. It's obvious if you give him that much leeway, he kills games. That's why I'd rather stick with WCO.

vCash
    Screw Palmer - you need a running game. The Raiders aren't going to have a franchise caliber QB in the near future, so they need to run the ball effectively.

I want a former head coach who will stick around for a while. Norv Turner, Chan Gailey, Marty Mornhinweg - the Raiders need to hire an offensive coordinator who will be around for a few years, develop some talent and not be offered other jobs.

I'd like to see some stability on offense. In a pinch, Al Saunders could be promoted to offensive coordinator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Screw Palmer - you need a running game. The Raiders aren't going to have a franchise caliber QB in the near future, so they need to run the ball effectively.

I want a former head coach who will stick around for a while. Norv Turner, Chan Gailey, Marty Mornhinweg - the Raiders need to hire an offensive coordinator who will be around for a few years, develop some talent and not be offered other jobs.

I'd like to see some stability on offense. In a pinch, Al Saunders could be promoted to offensive coordinator.
    The Saunders playbook is of epic proportions, no?

Do we have the smarts to digest that much information? The man does bring a proven record and last I heard had no aspirations to be a HC, I like it at the outset and we don't have to buy him a bus ticket....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post

Do we have the smarts to digest that much information? The man does bring a proven record and last I heard had no aspirations to be a HC, I like it at the outset and we don't have to buy him a bus ticket....
    I'll settle with Saunders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post

I think there are better candidates out there... but Al Saunders is by no means a scrub.

"Settling" for Saunders won't be a bad option, if it comes down to it. He's not my first choice, but I think he'd be successful.

vCash
    Raiders are not about to settle for Al Saunders. I think his contract has expired. He'll be lucky to stay on but he's a good assistant coach so he could.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    #Raiders head coach Dennis Allen said he is not "tied" into any specific offensive system. #raidernation
    ORILLY. He sold himself on a "specific offensive system"
    but now he's not "tied" to ANY specific offensive system?
    I find that highly offensive. He's starting to sound like
    a back-pedalling used car salesman.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL
    Al Saunders will be considered as a replacement for the fired Greg Knapp, coach Allen said.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

vCash
    Ken whisenhunt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    I'll settle with Saunders
    I would, too. But I think Turner would be great if he'd
    come back. He has a great balance of discipline+encouragment+earned-respect our team sorely needs right now. He'd be an excellent mentor for
    Pryor, and that's a huge plus.

Chan Gailey is a great consideration as well I think, but I'd prefer
    Turner over any of the names mentioned.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Brian Billick, Al Saunders, Cam Cameron, Jon Gruden, Chan Gailey, Ken Wisenhunt???? So many options i threw Gruden in there because he was a good O coordinator and keeping Allen means that would leave Gruden an option to come back as O coordinator. Also don't rule out David Shaw Stanford's O coordinator i'm sure Tarver speaks highly of the guy and Allen seems to believe in Tarver.
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast