37th in RYPG

They hire Mazzone, 2012 UCLA:

32nd in scoring (32 PPG)
    22nd in YPG
    33rd in PYPG
    39th in RYPG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    If the Raiders would secure Norv Turner, allow him to bring in his own offensive coaches too - I'd be ecstatic. I think he'd be such a great fit for Palmer and would definitely help get Pryor ready/get a nice look for Reggie to see if he can be the guy.

Call me crazy but Norv is the only coach the Raiders could hire as OC right now that makes me think Superbowl. That guy just focused as OC with a veteran like Palmer... that gets me giddy.

I bet it's still a day or so before we even here of some names. It's still early but the Raiders can't afford to wait for someone who may be an assistant in the playoffs. Even though the guys who will replace the HC's haven't been hired in some places, they already have staffs together ready to sign on.
    The most realistic scenario, but I'm sure he'll have his demands regarding authority.

RM is known for going after young raw talent as opposed to established vets and that seems to hold true for coaches as well.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    If Turner came here we'd be competing with the Broncos for the AFC West crown. If Carolina's HC gets fired along with their OC Rob Chudzinski - then that would be a great fit here with Pryor to help his development.

The longer Carolina waits to say something, the less likely he'll be sondiered by the Raiders if they're gonna move fast. A LOT of staffs are being put together as we speak with another HC job or two possibly opening up. Raiders have no choice but to get their guy fairly quickly
    Chudzinski would be a very good hire... or would he?

I'm not sure. Cam Newton is the most legitimately talented QB I've seen in my life. How much of his success is due to Chudzinski, and how much of it is due to his unique skill-set?

But I agree on Norv. He should be the #1 offseason priority. Mark Davis should pay Norv whatever he wants, with whatever job security he wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NavajoRaiderfan View Post
    The most realistic scenario, but I'm sure he'll have his demands regarding authority.

RM is known for going after young raw talent as opposed to established vets and that seems to hold true for coaches as well.
    Yes... but it's Dennis Allen who is, supposedly, going to be hiring the assistant coaches.

I wouldn't say Reggie is inclined to hire 'young' talent, either - I think Marty Mornhinweg was the #2 choice at head coach, if things had fallen apart with Dennis Allen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mal22 View Post
    I want Hue back. I know I'm bout to get clowned but Hue gets my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i agree, but dont think RM wants a former hc he fired, as oc under poor hc he hired. Plus RM may have fired Hue for his (RM's) own preservation.

vCash
    FA starts March 12th...I would assume they want their coaching staff to be assembled by then. That mans they have about 10 weeks to do this. Hopefully, they do their homework and do not rush, no matter who the selection is.

vCash
    What's everybody doing up Norv Turners ***? Yes he was a magnificent play caller at one point, but he's outdated. There's a reason the Chargers let him go, he's not doing a very good job. I'm pretty sure everybody on this board hated him when he was coaching with the Raiders. He just isn't very effective.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R8ERNIC View Post
    Whisenhunt anyone??? He did a decent job early in HC job in Arizona he did well in Pittsburg as oc...
    He already has a hc interview scheduled with buffalo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bj jarvis View Post
    Why not ask for one of the best OC"S out there on the market.....Jon Gruden..... he has one of the best offensive minds in football plus brings a toughness and fire that this team has lacked for yrs..... been missing the lil chucky bobble dolls for awhile...... Life is simple when you bleed SILVER AND BLACK
    Jon Gruden will never come back to the NFL to be an OC. He will only come back as a HC in the right situation.

vCash
    Andy Reid is about to become the ARizona Cardinals head coach.

Which means you can cross off Marty Mornhenwig off as a possible OC candidate.

vCash
    no damn norv
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Good info a few candidates, some are obviously a no like Dan Reeves but good to look at... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ve-coordinator

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    According to Steve Corkran on today's chat Al Saunders was bypassed last year by DA and will therefore not be designated as OC. Doesn't make any sense to me. Knapp never had any success as an OC but Saunders did when he was with the Chiefs. If he's on the payroll then he should be reinstated case closed.

vCash
    Hue Jackson!

vCash
    I don't even want Hue Jackson in the stands, yet alone on the sidelines. Let him throw some other team under the bus and waste their draft picks.
    Last edited by Superglue; 01-01-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW COACH OF YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS.....

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast