Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
    Ouch...
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

I don't want to trade fot Stanton, the price would be crazy.

Perhaps the phils trade for a pitcher and spend less prospects or major leaguers.

A ridiculously early mock draft has the Phillies selecting the guy I want them to take (Bryce Turang).

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft...fPLxH66mOPh.97
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

I know that you are not into pitchers that high, but I might prefer a college pitcher or a college bat TBH.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

I think every draft is different in terms of risk. Pitchers in general have more risk just because of injury, so avoiding them super early in drafts might be the way to go unless you get a chance at a special talent (IE Strasburg). You also want to get the best available talent with that slot with all the risks included. With Turang, he has a terrific track record along with the ability to player SS (which makes it easy for him to transition positions if need be). You'd have to wait a little time because he's a HS but if he's the best talent they should take him.

That being said we are so far away from the draft and these guys can rise and fall. Lets just hope they hit on this pick because they shouldn't be picking in the top 5 after this year.

I agree with you, maybe it's that our recent experiences with guys like Randolph and Moniak make us feel unsure about our FO assessing HS talent.

- I love Ray Lewis.

Don't be too quick to judge Moniak.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

I know he could pull a Kingery, but still the feeling lingers about HS players.

- I love Ray Lewis.

Randolph started to turn a corner this year. Hoping next year he really translates his talent. A winter in the weight room for moniak will hopefully enhance his numbers.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

It's not really pulling a Kingery if Moniak rebounds from one mixed season. He did fine as a young 19 year old.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152