Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    That line by Biddle

Within two years our rotation is going to have 4 lefties... Hamels, Lee, Morgan, Biddle

Quote Originally Posted by TheIlladelph16 View Post
    That line by Biddle

Within two years our rotation is going to have 4 lefties... Hamels, Lee, Morgan, Biddle
    I wouldn't be so sure Lee is on the roster in two years...if we are under .500 by the deadline either of the next two season I could easily see us trading Lee for specs, especially since he has always been one of the hotter names come trade time.
    Proud Temple University Alum
    Eagles: Carson Wentz
    Phillies: Mickey Moniack
    76ers: Ben Simmons
    Flyers: Travis Konecny
    Temple Football: Anthony Russo
    Temple Basketball: Obi Enechionyia

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

A Lee trade is quite possible, but he can only be dealt to 9 teams. I can't see the Phillies trading him without receiving a top prospect and most of the money remaining on his contract. And I can't see any team with top prospects trading one for that contract.

All that said, I have dreams of landing Profar with a Lee+ offer. Pipe dreams...
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

It's also worth noting that probabilistically, one of Morgan or Biddle will flame out due to injuries or ineffectiveness. So don't count your lefties before they hatch.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Biddle will be fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Hey... We have a total number of bright spots that I can count on one hand in our farm system currently. Don't rain on my parade A-Team

I'm very excited to see how his season progresses and whether or not the Phils push him to AAA at some point. I would assume to delay FA and Arbitration, we won't see Biddle in the rotation until September 2014 at the earliest. The Phils don't have a great history in terms of challenging their guys quickly, although Joe Jordan seems to have changed the philosophy a bit this year.

Updated Top 5

1. SP Biddle (L) - AA
    2. SS Quinn (S) - SA
    3. SP Morgan (L) - AAA
    4. C Joseph (R) - AAA
    5. 3B Franco (R) - A

Franco and Morgan both on the rise with good/great starts, with Quinn and Joseph both struggling somewhat so far.

Biddle with another strong outing yesterday

6.0 IP 1H 3BB 10K 0ER

Besides his second outing of the season in which he gave up 5R (4ER) to Boston's AA team, he's given up 2ER in 25.0 IP.

Overall in his 31 IP this season he's given up 6 ER , 12H, 12BB () and 40 Ks.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

12 BB isn't terrible over 31 IP

yeah his WHIP is ridiculous right now. Just funny that he gave up as many walks as hits so far.

Sounds promising, what about Tocci?

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

He's struggling, but that's to be expected. His skill set remains very promising.

Tocci's problems at this point pretty much have to do with age/weight. He is extremely young for the level he is at, and his body is nowhere close to being fully developed. As a result, he has struggled with his power numbers. I'm not sure what the consensus on his frame is, but we have to assume he is going to put on some weight being 6'2".

Phillies prospect Jesse Biddle was chosen as the Eastern League pitcher of the week (April 22-28) after two strong starts for the Double-A Reading Fightin Phils.

Biddle allowed two hits and no runs over two starts, striking out 26 and walking five in 13 innings. Sixteen of his strikeouts came in an April 22 win over Harrisburg in which he threw seven shutout innings. He established a Reading modern-era record (since 1998) for strikeouts, topping the 13 strikeouts record by Randy Wolf (1999) and Adam Walker (2001).
    http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-jesse...,5659138.story

Another guy to watch:

Aaron Altherr (still only 22)

92 ABs .348/.413/.576 3 HRs 6 for 6 in SB.

in 420 ABs last season he hit 8 HR
    in 416 ABs in 2011 he hit 6 HR.

He has 3 so far. Would be nice to see him develop his power potential. He should be moved up to AA some time this season.

He's a Dom Brown type prospect. Supposedly he needs to make some mechanical adjustments if he wants to succeed at higher levels.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast