Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    What's to like? The top prospects rank around #60-90 and there's only really one guy who's a consensus top 100 prospect.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

sexicano31 Guest
    I think its specifically what he said about Biddle. Something along the lines of "6-4 lefty with characteristics to Cole Hamels" and hes ranked in the 90's. People have a love affair with Biddle

Biddle at 89 and Quinn at 100 on BA's list. The story also mentions some old news that Biddle and Morgan made ESPN's top 100 and Biddle and Martin are on MLB.com's list.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p...ects-list.html

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

BPro put out their top 101 list. Biddle is #67 and no others are ranked.

They had this to say about Biddle (one of about 15 players they left a note on).

"Jesse Biddle might be too high, but my sources were high on him and I didn’t fight against it. It’s not special, but it has a very good chance to be solid, and that has a ton of value. Jason the ceiling horse isn’t overly impressed."
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Well that sucks.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Can anyone give me some info on how c josh Ludy is doing. He was with the blueclaws lat season. Thanks. Send me a private message if you wish

I don't think there are any other updates beyond that he's ostensibly in minor league camp now. He's not considered to be among the top 40 or so prospects in the system, but that can change rapidly for catchers. I have no recent reports on his defensive ability.

His numbers last year were encouraging and he should get a chance to play more this year. It's probably a make or break year for him, but who knows...

Thanks.

sexicano31 Guest
    Don't understand the obsession with Ludy

He must know him in some way, like Treez with Worley or me with Doolittle and Alvarez.

The only update I know about Ludy is that I believe he was assigned to work out groups in the last week or so. From what I read, he is actually slated to work in a higher group than Cameron Rupp who is essentially our 3rd best C spec. Not sure what that really means, but when Chooch comes back I'm sure that will force some shifting of personnel around the minors at C.

Jesse Biddle put up a REDICULOUS line tonight vs. Harrisburg:
    7 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 16 Ks...yes 16 Ks.

Also, Collier got his 1st HR of the season...hopefully that kickstarts his bat because he has been awful so far.
    Proud Temple University Alum
    Eagles: Carson Wentz
    Phillies: Mickey Moniack
    76ers: Ben Simmons
    Flyers: Travis Konecny
    Temple Football: Anthony Russo
    Temple Basketball: Obi Enechionyia

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Holy ****, Biddle!!!!

He's a pitcher I'm really excited about. I think he has a lot more upside than what's being projected. He could be a borderline 1, if not a solid 1 option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Biddle also went 2-3 with 2 doubles and a run.

Talk about a 1 man team!
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Also, since I'm super excited, He went those 7.0 IP with only 104 pitches (74 for strikes). For that many strikeouts, going 7 with 104 pitches really is good.

He also had a perfecto going until the 7th.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast