Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    He has Sixto listed at 6'0'' whereas I've been told he's a short 5'10''.

MLB.com currently has JPC listed as the 2nd best prospect in baseball. I think he'll be pushed down the lists once they're updated. To give some perspective, Francisco Lindor never ranked higher than #9 in the league per BA. Lindor was a better prospect than JPC (though they're relatively comparable).

Of course, Crawford is battling fewer near-majors blue chippers. Yoan Moncada is the guy ahead of him. Swanson, Benintendi, and Alex Reyes will soon be retired from the list, and Clint Frazier's the only other high ceiling guy I see as likely to debut in '17.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    John Sickels (from Minor League Ball) released his top 20 Phillies prospects. I don't agree with a lot of his rankings or grades, but it is a nice read (especially for the lower ranked prospects rarely talked about).

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2016/...pects-for-2017
    A few years now of reading Sickels' rankings of the Phillies I don't think I've ever seen him grade 14, pushing 16, as B- or above. It's just more of the same rhetoric that's been said; "Not a system full of elite talent but a system full of immense depth," I'm liking it as I do tend to agree with Sickels' reviews more than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Interesting indeed

I'm hearing Logan Moore will make a good backup catcher as soon as mid-2017. He's consider by some to be the best defensive catcher in the system, and the club may try to get him more at bats this year as a DH.

It seems like Nick Williams has changed his approach which is encouraging. Hopefully he actually sticks with it and doesn't revert back to his old bad habits once the season starts.

Darick Hall seems to be getting a little 'under the radar hype' talk already. Big power bat 1B drafted in the 14th round last year. Would like to see some nice power in the minors.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

What's the outlook on Rhys Hoskins? I don't follow minor league ball as much as I used to, but I know some of you are very knowledgeable of the system. Should we expect to see him up there year at all?

Is his ceiling a lot higher than Tommy Joseph, or do you guys just see him being a plug until we get someone else in here.

It'll be up to Joseph is a lot of ways. Although Joseph is a low OBP guy, he has 40 home run potential and a lot of lost development time. He's probably a 1 WAR guy, but there's a small chance he's a star. The club will give him as much space as they can so they can find out.

Hoskins does need to be added to the 40-man roster after the season, so there's a decent chance we'll see him in September if not sooner. The profile is not dissimilar to Joseph with slightly more patience. I hear he hits fewer fly balls, so he probably has a higher floor and lower ceiling. Both players need a breakout to be a long term answer at first base.

Quote Originally Posted by aces01 View Post
    What's the outlook on Rhys Hoskins? I don't follow minor league ball as much as I used to, but I know some of you are very knowledgeable of the system. Should we expect to see him up there year at all?

Is his ceiling a lot higher than Tommy Joseph, or do you guys just see him being a plug until we get someone else in here.
    I think it's higher than TJ's. I'm sure Hoskins has a higher hit tool but probably lower power. I'm not even sure Hoskins would be the future at 1B either. Hard to know because Reading seems to inflate power numbers but I do like Hoskins.

Remember Cody Asche and Cam Rupp as prospects? Joseph and Hoskins are in that same asset class. Sometimes you get something really special. Usually, they're just a guy you have around for a couple years.

At least today, ATeam's comp to Lucas Duda doesn't feel awful to us Phillies fans

Thoughts on ranger Suarez? Off to a sick start in Lakewood.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

eeesh never heard of him.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast