Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
    Very much the opposite of the old profile. Haseley is considered to be an advanced baseball player but may be a little more maxed out than originally hoped. He's almost certainly at least a 4th outfielder. He also probably isn't more than a core player. It's a fairly taut band of expected outcomes at this point.

The old profile involved prospects whose plausible outcomes ranged from "might never hit a baseball again" to "almost Mike Trout."

fwiw, Moniak also doesn't fit the old profile even though he was a high school signee. Was supposed to be a highly actualized baseball rat who could sniff the majors by age 20. Now we're looking at age 24 as the target because several of the expected skills vanished....
    Last edited by The A Team; 02-07-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

My girlfriend's 2nd cousin -- Jake Holmes -- has been moved from SS to 3B and is returning to the GCL this season. He is a big kid with some speed and power, rated as the best pure athlete the Phillies drafted last year.

Can't say I know anything about the kid but I hope he does well. It would be cool to have someone somewhat close to you make it to the big leagues. It probably will be tough but having great athletic ability will help.

Here is Jake's player card from MiLB.com: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2018/ALL
    He has at least one hit in each of the games he has played.

not sure how legit but i heard that we have a deal in place for Machado but refusing to include Efflin. Anyone here anything like that?
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    not sure how legit but i heard that we have a deal in place for Machado but refusing to include Efflin. Anyone here anything like that?
    Where'd you hear that? And also, no way I give up Eflin. Dude is on fire right now.

"Sixers fans... get excited!" - Drew Hanlen

floating around on twitter but doesnt seem substantial. seems more like if that O's want him we dont wanna budge but thats crazy to me. we have a guy like Efflin almost every year and thats a small price to pay to jump teams in the Machado sweepstakes. Get the man and get Hamels with Beltre or deal for Moustakas!
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

No credible Phillies offer rumors have leaked to this point. The Orioles may have asked for JP Crawford - it's unclear if that's true. I've not seen Eflin mentioned in any context.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

How do you guys see Cole Irvin and Ranger Suarez shaping up in a few years?

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

I've got an old report with a #5 ceiling on Irvin. Suarez has a higher ceiling but probably ends up in the bullpen.

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253