Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Im gonna tell you exactly what the Raiders need to be focusing on in draft and FA on defense. Pass rushers and playmaking corners and safeties. Im so sick and ****ing tired of watching matt gordona or whatever the *** his name is read a play and drop an int and fake an injury or just plain be late and out of position. When is the last time we had a safety with 5int or more in a season? Draft or sign a ball hawk huff would be good depth but he is not a good starting safety or corner for that matter. I would bring back philip adams and ross for depth but they havent proven their quality starters so look for an upgrade their in FA or the draft. Im thinking Mcclain is gonna be traded thats why he's still on the team. Seymour see ya, kelly im not sure about I would see what I could get for kelly and if not then he'd stay for depth unless you can upgrade. Despertly in need of some pass rushers shaunessy looks like he put on too much weight this season dont be suprised to see him traded either. I think the Raiders could trade back from #3 and still get the best defensive player available, whatever position that may be. Most likey it'll be linebacker or defensive line. All the fans know what this D needs know lets hope they bring in the right guys.

vCash

Defense

In DA's last press conference he said he was pleased with the progress the defense made in December. I know there was a lot of injuries,and another new staff. I hope next year there is major strides on defense. With that being said, it seems tempting to get a guy like Loviie Smith to run the defense.Im all for the long term,I just dont want another two or three years of bottom barrel play on that side of the ball. What your thoughts on the d nation? Promising or just bad?

vCash
    jesus. christ.

Lovie Smith aint going anywhere unless he's head coach. why is that so hard to compute for people? DA and Tarver are the D and they're here to stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    jesus. christ.

Lovie Smith aint going anywhere unless he's head coach. why is that so hard to compute for people? DA and Tarver are the D and they're here to stay.
    Down boy I was just using lovie as an example.im more interest in people's perspective of the defense.obviously tarver is staying.i like the guy and I feel injuries aside the defense has some players but sucks as a unit.lot of great college coaches aren't great nfl coaches.im only asking people's opinion on if they see the defense as a rising unit or same old bad news.i oppologize if my thread did not communicate that .

vCash
    They did come along though. I read somewhere that they were 4th in terms of points allowed on D in December. It finally started to click I think. Not much, but its something to build on
    Last edited by Kid Fabulous; 01-01-2013 at 06:27 PM.

My girl. Don't look at her.

STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Fabulous View Post
    They did come along though. I read somewhere that they were 4th in terms of points allowed on D. It finally started to click I think. Not much, but its something to build on
    18th overall in YPG
    18th in run D....HELL YEAH
    20th in pass D with 8 different starting lineups and our starting FS playing corner since week 3....

This is a very good thing, especially when you consider that 3-4 games that were horrid are responsible for our poor scoring ranking, which was 28th...

The points will come down with discipline and better players. These guys did a hell of a job considering the offense gave no help, the MLB was checked out, and the DB's all got hurt... Next year they will be a top ten defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    18th overall in YPG
    18th in run D....HELL YEAH
    20th in pass D with 8 different starting lineups and our starting FS playing corner since week 3....

This is a very good thing, especially when you consider that 3-4 games that were horrid are responsible for our poor scoring ranking, which was 28th...

The points will come down with discipline and better players. These guys did a hell of a job considering the offense gave no help, the MLB was checked out, and the DB's all got hurt... Next year they will be a top ten defense.
    I think it was more than 4 games. But I did like what I saw for the last month, albeit was against bad teams. Top ten? If that's true...it's playoff time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I think it was more than 4 games. But I did like what I saw for the last month, albeit was against bad teams. Top ten? If that's true...it's playoff time!

We won't make the playoffs next year with Carson and DMC. It would take career years and good health from both which I highly doubt. I see Pryor taking his job halfway through the season after he throws a couple close games away and the team is underperforming.

vCash
    We won't make the playoffs next year with Carson and DMC. It would take career years and good health from both which I highly doubt. I see Pryor taking his job halfway through the season after he throws a couple close games away and the team is underperforming.
    Well...I hope your right about the defense. But maybe we both hope that your wrong about the offense.

vCash
    Well...I hope your right about the defense. But maybe we both hope that your wrong about the offense.
    Palmer with 10 years experience, 1 playoff game and 1 pro bowl. Playoffs and Palmer are strangers, don`t expect anything different.

Quarterback is the most critical position needed to be addressed, regardless of all the other dreams.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Palmer with 10 years experience, 1 playoff game and 1 pro bowl. Playoffs and Palmer are strangers, don`t expect anything different.

Quarterback is the most critical position needed to be addressed, regardless of all the other dreams.

Agreed

Now add a RB who will get hurt, and you have a recipie for an average season.

vCash

I don't want Palmer and DMC to succeed. I want their replacements to take their jobs next year so we can move on from these mistakes. Ben if DMC has a good year, he's still likely to get hurt any day. You can't bank on him beig healthy the rest of his career. Ask the Sixers how taking a risk on an injury prone player worked out for them....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    I agree that there was a big defensive improvement after McClain was benched. But is Omar Gaither the answer?
    Definitely not long term but he was a good plug in with his veteran experience. The big difference I saw between he and McClain was his on-field communication. McClain is supposed to communicate with his defense but doesn't have it in him naturally so he could never be the QB for our defense in the sense we needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    NT - 1st round

CB - 1 FA and 1 in the 3rd/4th round

LBs - 1 FA and 1 3rd/4th round draft pick (whichever round we don't pick up the corner)

There ya go, 3-4. Rest of the draft and FA can be spent on safety, o-line and receiver.

Depending on who we let go (after Seymour, Kelly, etc) for cap space, maybe a McFadden, DHB, and/or Palmer, we would then address those positions as well. For example, if we cut Palmer, that's an extra 13 mil to get a cheaper vet QB, and then money to put up towards those other positions.

I myself would rather let Palmer go, get 13 mil, use that and the draft to build that 3-4 defense, get it right. We should find out what Pryor has for a season while that defense grows, and then judge if we need a franchise QB after the 2013 season going into the 2014 draft. Having Palmer stick around would just take up money we could spend on fixing the defense, while destroying a chance to actually see if Pryor is the answer for our future. Keeping Palmer around while we rebuild won't help us get to the playoffs or anything.
    I agree with some of the off season moves but disagree on the QB portion. You never wait a year to find a franchise guy, you look every calender day until you find one. Putting it off a year is counter productive to a progressing organization.

vCash
    I don't want Palmer and DMC to succeed. I want their replacements to take their jobs next year so we can move on from these mistakes. Ben if DMC has a good year, he's still likely to get hurt any day. You can't bank on him beig healthy the rest of his career. Ask the Sixers how taking a risk on an injury prone player worked out for them....
    If you're correct, then next year would be a waste. Why, if you consider yourself a fan, want this team to fail? Because, as Palmer and Mc Fadden go, so do the Raiders.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast