Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Why did we let Wauffle go?? He should have been considered for DC. All our assitant coaches are terrible. All aspects of our team was weaker than last 2 seasons. No pass rush, no running game, Moore, DHB, McFadden, Kelly, Houston all worst that last season.
    Can you please explain to me how Houston is "worst" than last year?
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In Their Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack:24922248
    The D got better as the year rolled along and with a smart offseason it will get even better. You have to love Wheeler, Bryant, Houston and Burris. Then give credit to Huff for playing well at cb and heck with a betyer free safety over the top he would look even better. As long as we add and subtract the right players the D will be a whole lot better.
    We were inside thr top 20 in total yardage, rushing and passing plus 12th in interceptions. Bad in pts per game and thr worst games were mid season. Team really tightened up down the stretch. Imaginr if we had some real defensive talent? Tarver and DA have the defense going in the right direction..

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    We had 8 new starters in Game 2 against San Diego yesterday. Compared to Game 1 week 1. With one of those players Huff playing a different position. The defense will be good next year. The Falcons game showed they can play against explosive offenses....but the middle part of the season was pathetic. Nice end to the season watching the Raiders stop the run and play tough D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    We don't have the LBs to run a 3-4. Why did we cut Curry? Why did we bench McClain and then suspend him? Forget it!!!! The 4-3 is here to stay. We can't have DEs playing OLB. We tried that already when Rob Ryan was DC.
    If we have a overhaul of personnel as predicted on the D-side it is possible we start to bring players that fit the 3-4. Wheeler, Burris and Houston are for sure keepers in the front 7, maybe Andre Cater too for leadership. We can see the personnel that fit the 3-4 come in this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R8ERNIC View Post
    If we have a overhaul of personnel as predicted on the D-side it is possible we start to bring players that fit the 3-4. Wheeler, Burris and Houston are for sure keepers in the front 7, maybe Andre Cater too for leadership. We can see the personnel that fit the 3-4 come in this offseason.
    There are too many holes to be filled on defense and not enough draft picks or cap space for that matter. If we were serious about running a 3-4 then we would not have cut Curry or bench McClain. We need two more LBs, a NT, and a CB. We mustn't forget a CB because the free agents we signed were terrible and this years draft is not well stocked with good CB prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    They used 3-4 more and more towards the end of the season. I've been wanting that change for years and seeing Houston at 3-4 OLB quite a bit would mean adding an ILB and NT would complete the switch. The Lbs would be Wheeler Olb, Burris Ilb, Draft Ilb and Houston Olb. I know Houston is 300lbs but he moves well and I think he could do it he had 13 tackles and 1.5 sacks yesterday and he was standing on the edge most of the game.
    Good luck with this.

vCash
    We don't have the LBs to run a 3-4. Why did we cut Curry? Why did we bench McClain and then suspend him? Forget it!!!! The 4-3 is here to stay. We can't have DEs playing OLB. We tried that already when Rob Ryan was DC.
    That's what the off-season is for. And Curry had zero value due to an inability to even play special teams. The guy is slow, mechanical, and has zero lateral ability. Come to think of it, had he switched jerseys with McClain we wouldn't have noticed a difference. And as far as benching McClain, insubordination from a stiff was easily justifiable. He was only retained to bring a low round draft choice. I saw a huge defensive improvement after his benching.

vCash
    There are too many holes to be filled on defense and not enough draft picks or cap space for that matter. If we were serious about running a 3-4 then we would not have cut Curry or bench McClain. We need two more LBs, a NT, and a CB. We mustn't forget a CB because the free agents we signed were terrible and this years draft is not well stocked with good CB prospects.
    Oakland is projected to have a nice amount of cap relief on the horizon. Just stop already, bro.

vCash
    Just because we let go Curry and benched and most likely will cut McClain doesnt mean we cant move to a 3-4 defense. Seymore and Kelly are most likely gone and there roster spot dont get voided, why cant we replace them for a NT and a rushing OLB. And its not for sure that the rest of D-line with maybe the exception of Houston are gonna stick around. I would like to keep Cater cuz of his experience in NE and Wash. It may not be likley but its not impossible a change could be made. far from it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    I saw a huge defensive improvement after his benching.

I agree that there was a big defensive improvement after McClain was benched. But is Omar Gaither the answer?

vCash
    Lets see who bring as LB coach. We let go of Johnny Holland for a reason. Who knows maybe we bring in 3-4 LB coach

vCash
    NT - 1st round

CB - 1 FA and 1 in the 3rd/4th round

LBs - 1 FA and 1 3rd/4th round draft pick (whichever round we don't pick up the corner)

There ya go, 3-4. Rest of the draft and FA can be spent on safety, o-line and receiver.

Depending on who we let go (after Seymour, Kelly, etc) for cap space, maybe a McFadden, DHB, and/or Palmer, we would then address those positions as well. For example, if we cut Palmer, that's an extra 13 mil to get a cheaper vet QB, and then money to put up towards those other positions.

I myself would rather let Palmer go, get 13 mil, use that and the draft to build that 3-4 defense, get it right. We should find out what Pryor has for a season while that defense grows, and then judge if we need a franchise QB after the 2013 season going into the 2014 draft. Having Palmer stick around would just take up money we could spend on fixing the defense, while destroying a chance to actually see if Pryor is the answer for our future. Keeping Palmer around while we rebuild won't help us get to the playoffs or anything.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 12-31-2012 at 07:57 PM.

vCash
    Statistics really don't mean that much especially since we won 1 game in the last 2 months. I did like the run defense at the end, but did we really play anyone that was a playoff team?
    Whether or not we go to a 3-4 or 4-3 will probably depend on who's left, and who's available. Secondly, I don't care what we have, but if we can't get 2 decent cover corners in the off season, we'll be right back where we were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R8ERNIC View Post
    Lets see who bring as LB coach. We let go of Johnny Holland for a reason. Who knows maybe we bring in 3-4 LB coach
    Don't be surprised if Tarver is retained as our LB coach. It could happen. I'm all for bringing back John Marshall.

vCash
    Don't be surprised if Tarver is retained as our LB coach. It could happen. I'm all for bringing back John Marshall.
    That could be possible. But according to Allen in his presser he said he wouldnt make anymore coaching moves. But who knows.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast