Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2012 Raiders Defense

Do my eyes deceive me but did we actually go from no.29 in yardage allowed per game in 2011 to no.18 in 2012?

vCash
    The D got better as the year rolled along and with a smart offseason it will get even better. You have to love Wheeler, Bryant, Houston and Burris. Then give credit to Huff for playing well at cb and heck with a betyer free safety over the top he would look even better. As long as we add and subtract the right players the D will be a whole lot better.
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

vCash
    Why did we let Wauffle go?? He should have been considered for DC. All our assitant coaches are terrible. All aspects of our team was weaker than last 2 seasons. No pass rush, no running game, Moore, DHB, McFadden, Kelly, Houston all worst that last season.

vCash
    Last 4 games of the season the raiders were top 5 in yards allowed as well as points allowed. Tarver is staying.

vCash
    The question is who get's credit for this improvement? Allen or Traver? Being that Tarver is a 3-4 coach I would retain him as a defensive assistant like they did with Al Saunders and bring in a true 4-3 coach to be defensive coordinator.

vCash
    Raiders will move to a 3-4 this year IMO. There was jus no wiggle room last season with lack of picks and money to bring in the guys.

vCash
    He made a lot of improvements with a lot of bad players and on top of that bad players with injuries

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Raiders will move to a 3-4 this year IMO. There was jus no wiggle room last season with lack of picks and money to bring in the guys.
    You need alot of LBs to run a 3-4. We just cut Aaron Curry and we're on the verge of cutting ties with McClain too. Plus we don't have a true NT. It wouldn't be feasible to institute a 3-4. John Marshall is still available. Let's bring him back out of retirement. We had a no.10 defense under him. We should not have let him go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Do my eyes deceive me but did we actually go from no.29 in yardage allowed per game in 2011 to no.18 in 2012?
    What's more surprising - Oakland was as high as 18th, or that there are 10+ teams that gave up more yardage over the season?

The biggest priority - both for the offense and the defense - is to improve the running game.

vCash
    They used 3-4 more and more towards the end of the season. I've been wanting that change for years and seeing Houston at 3-4 OLB quite a bit would mean adding an ILB and NT would complete the switch. The Lbs would be Wheeler Olb, Burris Ilb, Draft Ilb and Houston Olb. I know Houston is 300lbs but he moves well and I think he could do it he had 13 tackles and 1.5 sacks yesterday and he was standing on the edge most of the game.
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    What's more surprising - Oakland was as high as 18th, or that there are 10+ teams that gave up more yardage over the season?
    I thought Tarver was not a good fit because he's really a 3-4 coach. Dennis Allen is a true believer in the 4-3 and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    They used 3-4 more and more towards the end of the season. I've been wanting that change for years and seeing Houston at 3-4 OLB quite a bit would mean adding an ILB and NT would complete the switch. The Lbs would be Wheeler Olb, Burris Ilb, Draft Ilb and Houston Olb. I know Houston is 300lbs but he moves well and I think he could do it he had 13 tackles and 1.5 sacks yesterday and he was standing on the edge most of the game.
    Ive been wanting a move to the 3-4. I would keep Houston at DE/DT. I see him as more like a Justin Smith type player. D-Line would have to go through a major overhaul which is the direction being taken anyways. Would have liked to see Seymore stay cuz of his experience in this system but the price tag is to high to keep him.

vCash
    We don't have the LBs to run a 3-4. Why did we cut Curry? Why did we bench McClain and then suspend him? Forget it!!!! The 4-3 is here to stay. We can't have DEs playing OLB. We tried that already when Rob Ryan was DC.

vCash
    well tarver is staying anyway so theres no reason to discuss it really, plus he did improve the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    well tarver is staying anyway so theres no reason to discuss it really, plus he did improve the team.
    That's because he replaced a total ******* of a coach. Bresnahan and Knapp should both be in the USFL.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast