Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cool [UPDATE] Raiders fired OC Greg Knapp

SAN DIEGO - The Raiders are expected to fire offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and some other members of the staff this week, league sources confirmed. The offense didn't get on track, especially a running game that came into Sunday ranked 29th in the league (87 yards per game).
    Oakland ran for 115 yards against the Chargers, but 49 of those came on Terrelle Pryor scrambles. Darren McFadden, who has struggled with the zone-blocking scheme and hasn't gotten a lot of daylight from his linemen, carried 19 times for 57 yards and finishes the season with a 707 yards at 3.3 yards a pop.
    Owner Mark Davis talked with McFadden at midseason about reaching out to Knapp and telling him what type of running plays he liked. And the Raiders have tried to mix in more power-running plays, but it has been a frustrating season.
    "I don't want to speak on it anymore," McFadden said. "It is what it is. The season is over now. I am just looking forward to next year."
    Goodson ejected: Raiders running back Mike Goodson and Chargers linebacker Takeo Spikes were ejected in the second quarter for getting in a skirmish and not letting go of the others' facemask when officials asked them to do so.
    The argument got so heated that Pryor had to grab, wrestle and fling his Goodson out of the scrum.
    "I love Mike Goodson; that's my guy," Pryor said. "I know that I slammed him, but you can't do that. We were about to score. It's very hard to get down there and score in the NFL and ... we get a 15-yard penalty? I told Mike that he needed to be the bigger man.
    "Last year, we had what, 168 penalties for I don't know how many yards and we have to be the bigger guy when scuffles like that happen."
    It was 163 for 1,358, both NFL records. This year, in rookie head coach Dennis Allen's greatest accomplishment, it's down to 108 for 939.
    Turner expects to be fired: Former Oakland head coach and current San Diego head coach Norv Turner expects to be fired Monday. The Chargers (7-9) will miss the playoffs for the third straight season.
    "Obviously, we're going to meet with the team and I'm sure they'll start looking for a new coach," said Turner, who has one year left on his contract, at $3 million.
    He has been a head coach for 15 years in the NFL and has three double-digit-win seasons.
    Briefly: Tony Bergstrom and Lucas Nix split snaps at right guard in place of injured Mike Brisiel (ankle). ... Pryor said injured Carson Palmer helped him a lot to prepare for Sunday's start. Palmer broke down the game plan, gave Pryor six pages of notes and went through San Diego game video as well. ... Raiders defensive end Lamarr Houston had nine tackles and four assists, plus 1 1/2 sacks and two QB hits.

Link:
    http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/articl...#ixzz2GbmzYhf1
    Last edited by weeman323; 12-31-2012 at 02:52 PM.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Good stuff, thanks.

vCash
    Great news, can't wait! Hope this is true...
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Thanks for posting. I like what Pryor said too btw, about getting Goodson out of there.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    ray:

vCash
    It's a fact he's gone, there's no speculation here.

vCash
    if I wake up and he is still our OC I am going to hurt somebody.

vCash
    He shouldn't have been allowed to ride the plane or bus home!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    He shouldn't have been allowed to ride the plane or bus home!
    we should have taken his passport and thrown him across the border. he was so close to it. lmao.

vCash
    Suck to lose a job, but he should not have been hired in the first place.

I fear Knapp may be a symptom rather than the root of the problem.

But if we hire a great OC, it'll go a long long way for us.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    I don't know how else to put it.... How can Knapp be the fall guy here? I wouldn't hire Knapp to coach my local high school team with his track record. Knapp came in here and did exactly what he has done in the past. I hold DA and/or RM for this crap. Scares me who they might find next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I don't know how else to put it.... How can Knapp be the fall guy here? I wouldn't hire Knapp to coach my local high school team with his track record. Knapp came in here and did exactly what he has done in the past. I hold DA and/or RM for this crap. Scares me who they might find next.
    Knapp can be the fall guy because his track record even outside the Raiders, indicates he should probably go into Real Estate at this point.

But I very much see your point about why anyone would have seen
    him as a good idea in the first place, and why should we trust them
    to make a BETTER decision now?

The next month and the next draft will tell us more about what's
    going on in their heads. I'm sure MD will give them a few more
    chances before he's ready to can them, but it remains to be seen
    if they will just replicate the same old mess with new faces and names.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    They'll fire him as OC and keep him as a QB coach,he seems to have a good repoire with Palmer and Pryor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    They'll fire him as OC and keep him as a QB coach,he seems to have a good repoire with Palmer and Pryor.
    That I wouldn't mind, but don't let him near a playbook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    That I wouldn't mind, but don't let him near a playbook
    Please no just ship him out! As far away from this team as possible. Or better yet maybe send him to Denver ,Chargers,KC.......

We have a very OC on the staff right now in Saunders

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast