Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 draft and FA discussion

We have the 20th pick go

vCash
    Y'all are still sleeping on Webb

vCash
    Matthews/Lewan if by the grace of God one of them is there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bears99 View Post
    Y'all are still sleeping on Webb
    Nah, he's still awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Matthews/Lewan if by the grace of God one of them is there.
    2nd that

vCash
    To answer Blam.0's question about Webb from the old thread, as a tackle he's 57th in penalties, 42nd in pass pro, 43rd in run blocking, and 49th overall.

So, no. He just sucks all around.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Nah, he's still awful.
    I don't have PFF to argue for me, but perhaps you can enlighten me to as how Carimi, Garza, Spencer, Edwin Williams, Jonathan Scott, and James Brown performed in comparison to Webb? If Webb is truly the weakest link on the line, then I will change my stance.

Also, when you remove penalties from the equation, how much does Webb's ranking improve as an LT? Where does he rank strictly in pass pro and run blocking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    To answer Blam.0's question about Webb from the old thread, as a tackle he's 57th in penalties, 42nd in pass pro, 43rd in run blocking, and 49th overall.

So, no. He just sucks all around.
    So, combining his pass pro grade and his run block grade, where does he rank among LT's?

vCash
    I'm not trying to be difficult or purposefully ignorant. I appreciate PFF evaluation and I've been a fan of what they do for a while now, although I have been unwilling to pay for their premium statistics. Evaluating OL performance is difficult as an outside fan, and really all we have to go on is PFF grades.

I was under the impression that Webb was actually grading out decently and I am currently aware that this is incorrect. However, I am now wondering how much worse or better Webb's performance is compared to the rest of the pieces in our OL.

If our pieces at G, C, and RT are actually worse than Webb, it would be wise to address those positions first in FA, especially given the price tag on premier LTs.

vCash
    Webb is improved in the sense that he's gone from comically bad to bad... but obviously that's not saying much.

Population: Bears

vCash
    Bears should not draft a LT with the first pick. We should get a proven Tackle or 2 in free agency at the least. Bears should draft either the guard from Alabama with thier first pick or the TE from Notre Dame. Both of these players are rated the best at their position according to multiple sites. Either way first to picks should be TE and LT. Every offensive lineman on the Bears should be let go or benched at this point. Lance Louise should be a starter but it will take him awhile to recover from his season ending injury. The rest of the draft should be devoted to more offensie line starters and depth, along with more receivers, LB's possibly Urlachers replacement, and even another running back with some speed to return kicks.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    asked this in the last thread but never got an answer, who gets more money, Wooton or Mikchael Johnson, personly would love to see johnson and Rod work and become more polished technique wise, physicaly he is up there with the best of them.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bnl100 View Post
    Bears should not draft a LT with the first pick. We should get a proven Tackle or 2 in free agency at the least. Bears should draft either the guard from Alabama with thier first pick or the TE from Notre Dame. Both of these players are rated the best at their position according to multiple sites. Either way first to picks should be TE and LT. Every offensive lineman on the Bears should be let go or benched at this point. Lance Louise should be a starter but it will take him awhile to recover from his season ending injury. The rest of the draft should be devoted to more offensie line starters and depth, along with more receivers, LB's possibly Urlachers replacement, and even another running back with some speed to return kicks.
    You do realize that at this current moment we only have 5 picks right?

Population: Bears

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bnl100 View Post
    would love a combination of Sabastian Volmer and one of the other top LTs.

thats alot of money and also says we have moved on from Carimi at Tackle. which I dont mind at all.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    So, combining his pass pro grade and his run block grade, where does he rank among LT's?
    I'm not doing that because I have to do that for every LT in the league for it to not skew things. In your scenario, that makes him 26th. He's currently 27th. To do it the "right" way and look at just pass pro and rushing for LTs is way too labor extensive.

Why can't you just be OK with "J'Marcus Webb sucks?"

I'm not trying to be difficult or purposefully ignorant. I appreciate PFF evaluation and I've been a fan of what they do for a while now, although I have been unwilling to pay for their premium statistics. Evaluating OL performance is difficult as an outside fan, and really all we have to go on is PFF grades.

I was under the impression that Webb was actually grading out decently and I am currently aware that this is incorrect. However, I am now wondering how much worse or better Webb's performance is compared to the rest of the pieces in our OL.

If our pieces at G, C, and RT are actually worse than Webb, it would be wise to address those positions first in FA, especially given the price tag on premier LTs.
    Gabe Carimi graded like crap as a RT. If he played ONLY RG all year and continued the play he was on at the end of the year, we can extrapolate his ranking to about 11.8 (as just a RG, he grades at 3.7 overall). At 3.7 for just RG, he grades as the 12th RG in the league...and that's just in 5 games. If we were to completely **** on statistics and use the 11.8 number that I expanded a full RG season to, that would rank him as the 8th RG.

But, what is all of this really telling us? It's telling us our OL blows, and Webb wasn't anywhere close to as "OK" as you thought he was (which is shocking that you thought that, anyway). Webb actually graded WORSE vs. SF than Gabe, too, FWIW. Gabe's problem is he can't pass pro. Even with just 11 games logged at RT, Gabe graded as the 5th run blocker at RT.

Really though, let's just stick with "our line is bad with J'Marcus Webb."

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast