Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I see JDR sticking around but McCoy is basically gone. It's okay, Manning is basically the OC on the field. McCoy has had one of the easiest jobs in the league this year but he is a pretty decent coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jt1bui View Post
    I see JDR sticking around but McCoy is basically gone. It's okay, Manning is basically the OC on the field. McCoy has had one of the easiest jobs in the league this year but he is a pretty decent coach.
    I am not a believer in the idea that our offensive coordinators job is easy or is not difficult to replace. Does Manning make the job easier? Sure! However, McCoy is heavily involved in the breakdown of opponents, game planning, and most importantly, on field adjustments.

If I had to pick one of the two to go, it would be McCoy because JDR has set a new tone to our defense, but replacing McCoy will not be an easy task.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    I have a new found respect for Matt Russell. I salute you, sir!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    He was lucky. He should never of been the head coach of the Chiefs because Haley never should of been fired.
    no they both should of been fired, and Charlie Weis should of been coach along time ago.

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    To me we have great players, its hard to mess up with Von miller and Champ Bailey. and Peyton manning coordinating the offense.

JDR is good, but i mean John fox is a Defensive minded coach, I think are OC is more valueable
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 01-03-2013 at 05:39 AM.

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    i havent heard anyone trying to interview JDR so thats a good sign so far

Sports fans check out my website www.teamtakeum.com NFL ATS picks posted here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I am not a believer in the idea that our offensive coordinators job is easy or is not difficult to replace. Does Manning make the job easier? Sure! However, McCoy is heavily involved in the breakdown of opponents, game planning, and most importantly, on field adjustments.

If I had to pick one of the two to go, it would be McCoy because JDR has set a new tone to our defense, but replacing McCoy will not be an easy task.
    I agree with you to some extent but feel that Manning has made his job so much easier. I'm not taking away anything from him because he does make a great offensive coordinator, this can just be seen how our offense had to adjust on the fly last year mid-season. JDR has done wonders with our defense and our young DBs. We should definitely do all that we can to keep him around for a few more years at least.

vCash
    i dont know if this means anything but being from philly i was listening to philly sports radio and brian baldinger said on air that he doesnt think mccoy is ready to be a head coach and when going through the interview process it will show.. so we shall c i hope he is correct and he comes back

Sports fans check out my website www.teamtakeum.com NFL ATS picks posted here

nykol is online now PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    I have a feeling McCoy wont be going anywhere this offseason. Too many bigger names out there right now.. Smith, Ried, Whiz, Kelly, Horton

vCash
    My prediction right now is that McCoy goes to the bears...they want offense in Chicago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    I have a feeling McCoy wont be going anywhere this offseason. Too many bigger names out there right now.. Smith, Ried, Whiz, Kelly, Horton
    Nah, I think he's gone. With the versatility "he" showed last year with Tebow and that unconventional as **** offense to get into the offense and meshing with PFM (although that shouldn't be too difficult)...he's going to nab a home.

If he calls some great games in the play-offs..then it's pretty much sealed.

As stated though, just keep JDR.

vCash
    What about Norv as OC? combine his offensive mind with Manning and maybe he ca spark some fresh ideas. Norv could possibly want to work with a less developed QB he can mold however..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    What about Norv as OC? combine his offensive mind with Manning and maybe he ca spark some fresh ideas. Norv could possibly want to work with a less developed QB he can mold however..
    Its not the worst idea in the world and since he wouldn't actually have to be a coach he wouldn't be an abysmal failure.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    Norv, or Wisenhunt as OC would be fantastic, if McCoy gets a job like most of us think... Happy JDR hasn't been getting the calls.... thought he would but glad he isn't... having a DC for more than a year would be awesome, especially one who's used his guys so well and this D is every bit as good as our offense, and thats i saying a lot.

Say it ain't so Von say it ain't so!!!

vCash
    If McCoy leaves, Bronco assistants not expected to follow

By MIKE KLIS The Denver Post

Houston — Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy may be interviewing as you read.

He is interviewing today for the available head coaching jobs with the Buffalo Bills and Arizona Cardinals.

On Sunday, McCoy will interview with the Chicago Bears and Philadelphia Eagles for their top coaching jobs.

The guy is going to be mentally wiped come Sunday night.

Should McCoy get a head coaching job, don’t expect many, if any, of the Broncos’ assistant coaches to go with him. Last year, Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen got the head coaching job in Oakland and wanted to bring Broncos linebackers coach Richard Smith with him to be his defensive coordinator.

The Broncos denied the request. So there’s the precedence.

All the current Broncos’ assistant coaches are under contract at least through next season. McCoy has worked closely in recent years with quarterbacks coach Adam Gase, but expect Gase to stay with quarterback Peyton Manning.
    DP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast