Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    well one thing is for sure our offense will have to learn ANOTHER system regardless of who the HC is because Tice wont be back either...This will be Jay's 5th system since he's been in Chicago? yeah there we go...you want my opinion..Hire Cowher, Hire Whisenhunt OC...it'll balance everything...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX2daDEATH View Post
    Hire Cowher, Hire Whisenhunt OC...it'll balance everything...
    Except those candidates all want more organizational power. Cowher is on record requesting he gets his own GM...

vCash
    well one thing is for sure our offense will have to learn ANOTHER system regardless of who the HC is because Tice wont be back either...This will be Jay's 5th system since he's been in Chicago? yeah there we go...you want my opinion..Hire Cowher, Hire Whisenhunt OC...it'll balance everything...
    That's why most of us are advocating grabbing someone like Dennison or Kyle Shanahan, so it's not an ENTIRELY new offense for them to learn.

Also don't get why people don't think Chip Kelly's offense would work in the NFL. Belichick and McDaniels essentially run a slightly modified version of it in New England.

Population: Bears

vCash
    Cowher's incredibly overrated anyway. I really want no part of him or Gruden or some other big name, former NFL HC.

vCash
    If Aliotti came with Chip I'm not sure how fans would react to that. If they didn't like Lovie's bend but don't break I'm not sure if they would like Aliotti.

vCash
    The majority of NFL defenses run prevent "bend-don't-break" style at some point in most games where they are winning. They may not go to it as much as Lovie, but expecting not to see it is setting yourself up to be disappointed.

Population: Bears

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
    Also don't get why people don't think Chip Kelly's offense would work in the NFL. Belichick and McDaniels essentially run a slightly modified version of it in New England.
    Chip and Belichick spent the summer toghether, Chip was teaching Bill more effective ways to run the no-huddle.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Cowher's incredibly overrated anyway. I really want no part of him or Gruden or some other big name, former NFL HC.
    +1 so emphatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    If Aliotti came with Chip I'm not sure how fans would react to that. If they didn't like Lovie's bend but don't break I'm not sure if they would like Aliotti.
    Yes and no, old Aliotti was a lot like that, but since he's been given more talent to work with, he's taken a ton of chances. The hybrid Oregon has run lately has incorporated a ton of blitzing and pressure from the second level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Yes and no, old Aliotti was a lot like that, but since he's been given more talent to work with, he's taken a ton of chances. The hybrid Oregon has run lately has incorporated a ton of blitzing and pressure from the second level.
    True. I always thought people were to hard on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I agree. I'm leaning towards bringing in the "new guy" who hasn't coached before. Keep some of the staff that may continue to grow, but scrub clean the culture of the past decade. Lovie surrounded himself with "yes" men and they should all be on the outs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    True. I always thought people were to hard on him.
    They have been up until recently. I've always had a soft spot for Aliotti though, I knew him on a semi-personal level. Awesome, awesome guy.

That man used to chew like 2 tins a day.

vCash
    Andy Reid is the only coach that will make me happy, otherwise I'll be extremely pissed off that we left Lovie go.

You can cover a turd in sugar but in the end you'll still have a turd... Or you'll have a typical Marc Trestman press conference describing his pathetic team.

vCash
    I just don't think this is as big of a deal as we make it out to be. Plenty of OC's run efficient systems from the jump. Get the right players and this isn't a problem.

vCash

Head Coach Search Thread

What would it take to get dick jauron?

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    Andy Reid is the only coach that will make me happy, otherwise I'll be extremely pissed off that we left Lovie go.
    Another coach who will never win a SB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    That would be a terrible hire.

Dumb and dumber

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast