Holmgren didn't win a Super Bowl? What
    Parcells either?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Holmgren didn't win a Super Bowl? What
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWE do i do it View Post
    Parcells either?

I'm pretty sure he's referring to after their first team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I don't disagree, but part of that is because of the type of player RGIII is.

That's not to say that Shanahan couldn't do amazing, creative things with Jay, but I don't see what worked in WASH working here (not saying that you were implying that, mind you).

I'd just be leery of a 33 year old HC who, while achieving success with a fascinating rookie QB, hasn't been a primary play caller for long at all.
    I really wouldn't mind Shanahan, but his dad has apparently said that none of the assistants are leaving. He was actually one of my first choices before Lovie got fired.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Filed to ESPN: Doug Marrone has agreed to leave Syracuse and become the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills.
    Lovie to Arizona?

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Lovie to Arizona?

WTF? Where did that come from?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Before Buffalo and Doug Marrone agreed to a deal early this morning, the Bills interviewed former Bears HC Lovie Smith on Saturday.
    Wow, no kidding...

I thought the Bears would at least interview Marrone, but that settles that. lmao, I was Just reading an article in the Buffalo newspaper and 44% of their fans preferred Lovie over everyone else available...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Man, Cleveland better lock up Kelly or they'll lose both their top choices...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I don't disagree, but part of that is because of the type of player RGIII is.

That's not to say that Shanahan couldn't do amazing, creative things with Jay, but I don't see what worked in WASH working here (not saying that you were implying that, mind you).

I'd just be leery of a 33 year old HC who, while achieving success with a fascinating rookie QB, hasn't been a primary play caller for long at all.
    I agree with all this, but at the same time, I would rather have Shanahan over some of the other names being interviewed.

Dennison should be the top choice though. He would help fix the OL while moving to ZBS. Plus, he has done great things with both Denver's and Houston's offense.

I don't have anything to prove this, but I have a feeling that Emery top choice is Clemments.

Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Lovie to Arizona?
    I am hoping Lovie takes the year off, that way we don't have to compete with Lovie for Rod and Toub.

vCash
    Marrone was my first choice for the Bears. But I am not getting nervous. My other top three choices are still around. I think the Bears may be a way off now. I am hoping for Shannahan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwegner84 View Post
    I agree with all this, but at the same time, I would rather have Shanahan over some of the other names being interviewed.

Dennison should be the top choice though. He would help fix the OL while moving to ZBS. Plus, he has done great things with both Denver's and Houston's offense.

I don't have anything to prove this, but I have a feeling that Emery top choice is Clemments.

I am hoping Lovie takes the year off, that way we don't have to compete with Lovie for Rod and Toub.
    Maybe. I'm thinking he's feeling good about McCoy but wants to run through the process of interviewing. We'll see, though.

vCash
    Bears asked for and received permission to interview Texans OC Rick Dennison for HC job. Dennison worked with Cutler and Marshall in Denver.
    Schefter

vCash
    Who calls the plays for the Texans?

And I thought Lovie was a sure thing for Buffalo, Arizona kinda makes sense and maybe Urlacher follows him home.
    Last edited by BcEuAbRsS; 01-06-2013 at 09:45 AM.

vCash
    We can't interview Dennison until after the Super Bowl though, right?

I thought I remembered reading something where after the WC round, teams in the playoffs weren't allowed to interview until after all SB proceedings ended.

Either way,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    Who calls the plays for the Texans?
    Dennison is primary, Kubiak has override ability from what I've read.

vCash
    We can't interview Dennison until after the Super Bowl though, right?

I thought I remembered reading something where after the WC round, teams in the playoffs weren't allowed to interview until after all SB proceedings ended.

Either way,
    I think we can interview him this week. We already have an interview setup for Arians this week but after that you can't interview candidates until they've been eliminated from the playoffs.

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast