Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I don't think you understand how much I hate the offensive styles of premiere college football teams.
    Even though he uses a ZBS.

I'm telling you, I truly believe this guy is the next Belichick.

vCash
    I don't know if you had a chance to read this article, but it just made me jizz.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-...revolution-nfl

We are talking about a guy who actually understands statistical probabilities and isn't too much of a meathead to ignore like most HC's are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    If I didn't have a boner for Chip Kelly, well, this article certainly does it for me.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-...revolution-nfl

I legitimately think we're looking at the next Belichick of coaches here. We probably won't go for it unfortunately, but a man can dream, right?

I know that Haggis at least agrees with me.
    I didn't know much about Chip Kelly, but that article puts him on the top of my list.

The 4th down in the NFL seems to be treated like the 9th inning in baseball. At the end of the day, its just another down and it should be probably be treated as such in short yardage situations with good field position.

Thats something that really impressed me in the Pats game against the 49ers a few weeks back. Even though they were down by so much, they didnt have this sense of urgency around them. They knew they could put the points on the board and convert the 4th downs when they mattered. I think they converted something like 2 4th and 10s on one of their drives. I'd love to see a Bears team with that confidence and ability.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    I didn't know much about Chip Kelly, but that article puts him on the top of my list.

The 4th down in the NFL seems to be treated like the 9th inning in baseball. At the end of the day, its just another down and it should be probably be treated as such in short yardage situations with good field position.

Thats something that really impressed me in the Pats game against the 49ers a few weeks back. Even though they were down by so much, they didnt have this sense of urgency around them. They knew they could put the points on the board and convert the 4th downs when they mattered. I think they converted something like 2 4th and 10s on one of their drives. I'd love to see a Bears team with that confidence and ability.
    Exactly.

Football is the final frontier as a sport that needs forget about outdated cliches and extrapolate decision making from the numbers rather than the common thought process. And Belichick appears to be ahead of the curve in that regard. Chip would be put us right on the top of the curve, as far as I'm concerned. This is something that just gets me so excited; for once, this organization could actually be ahead of the curve and not hire buffoons who are clearly 5 years outdated in their football knowledge, particularly on the offensive side of the ball.
    Last edited by kozelkid; 01-01-2013 at 05:14 AM.

vCash
    Exactly.

Football is the final frontier as a sport that needs forget about outdated cliches and extrapolate decision making from the numbers rather than the common thought process. And Belichick appears to be ahead of the curve in that regard. Chip would be put us right on the top of the curve, as far as I'm concerned. This is something that just gets me so excited; for once, this organization could actually be ahead of the curve and not hire buffoons who are clearly 5 years outdated in their football knowledge, particularly on the offensive side of the ball.
    Chip Kelly to the Bears would probably be like Theo Epstein to the Cubs.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n}:24929899
    Exactly.

Chip Kelly to the Bears would probably be like Theo Epstein to the Cubs.
    That's how I see it; only he'd be the Red Sox version: the one before everyone knew anything about sabermetrics.

vCash
    That's how I see it; only he'd be the Red Sox version: the one before everyone knew anything about sabermetrics.
    I think if the Bears handle this correctly then the next decade could be a very strong one for Chicago sports. The Cubs had a complete overhaul with Ricketts and Theo and the Bulls went with Thibs. Even the White Sox are changing things with Rick Hahn. All the teams have realistic chances at winning championships within the next 5 years or so and its about time we get a run like Boston or Pittsburgh had.

Its a shame though that this took so long in a city with the resources of Chicago.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    How long does it usually take before a head coach is named? Is it after the super bowl?

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    I'd kill for Chip Kelly

He's seriously a genius... I see him being a great coach at the NFL level

And thanks for that article kozy, I just jizzed

vCash
    I like the idea of Reid, Dennison, or Zimmerman. I hope whoever comes, keeps Rod as DC. We still have the pieces to win now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    I like the idea of Reid, Dennison, or Zimmerman. I hope whoever comes, keeps Rod as DC. We still have the pieces to win now!
    I like the idea of the West Coast Offense and Tampa 2 Defense together sounds like it could be something that works.

vCash
    If I were to choose, I would pick Chip as our HC. He's offensive minded, he's has more to prove than some of the other options, he will run a zone blocking scheme that would cater to Forte, plus he would bring the speed spread that the Pats run.

As for our cordinators, it would be nice he keep Rod, Toub, and maybe even Bates. They're some of the best cordinators out there, that fit the players we already have, and hopefully it would help keep the vets at bay. It would be understandable if Chip didn't want to keep Lovie's guys, but personally I think it would be best if he did.

I doubt we get him since there are reports that he wants full control.
    Last edited by Branwegner84; 01-01-2013 at 11:27 AM.

vCash
    Even though he uses a ZBS.

I'm telling you, I truly believe this guy is the next Belichick.
    I think I'm coming around to having Kelly at the top of the list; but everyone has to remember that Kelly is almost certainly not going to happen. He is going to want full control of the organization. He isn't going to get that here.

During the season, I forgot about Tom Clements. I really hope we interview him after the Packers are done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    We cant ask for Clements since his team doesn't have a first round bye. The Atlanta and Denver guys are allowed to interview since their teams aren't playing next week. Other teams become available after the Wild Card Round.

My current preference is Mike McCoy as HC and Chan Gailey as OC. I think McCoy would be a great fit for Cutler and Marshall, as well as getting our other guys involved. On the flipside, I really think that Gailey can do wonders with our offensive line and Forte. By all accounts our line needs help with scheming rather than just talent and I think bringing in someone like Gailey would fix that.

If not Rick Dennison, the Texan's OC, would probably be a good hire but he'd need to be head coach.
    Ohhhh right. He's still someone I wouldn't mind getting, he would give us an advantage on GB.

vCash
    Why is Darryl Drake still the WR coach? Why wasn't he fired years ago?

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast