Bcb had the idea since not everyone has done one so you can see his be discussed voted on and look at the format etc.
.Originally Posted by BCB mwat15Coaching Hires
Player Transactions1. Hire Kyle Shannahan as HC (primary play caller)
2. Retain Marinelli as DC
1. RB Michael Bush- We can find a goal line RB in the late rounds or the UDFA market. His cap space is needed elsewhere
2. WR Devin Hester- Hesterís contract is no longer prohibitive. However, he offered the team very little last season. Now is the time to cut him loose.
3. WR Dane Sanzenbacher- This is just a formality since Emery has already Waived him and the Bengals picked him up.
4. TE Kellen Davis- **** you Kellen Davis!
5. TE Matt Spaeth- $2 Million is too much for a blocking TE.
6. OT Cory Brandon- Who?
7. DT Matt Toeina- A 4th DT canít make $1.5 Million.
Bearsí Restricted Free Agents
1. Right of First Refusal Tender to Nate Collins- Collins performed well when asked and is excellent depth. This is a formality to work out a contract.
2. No contract tendered to Anthony Walters- He isnít needed with Hardin back next season.
3. No contract tendered to Johnny Knox- I canít see doctors ever letting Johnny play again.
1. Place Franchise Tag on Henry Melton- This is just a formality so the Bears can keep negotiating.
1. Sign Henry Melton to 5-year $40 Million- Melton is the best young building block on the defense. We canít afford to let him go. The DT market is really out of whack because of Suh, Seymour, and McCoyís contracts. This contract is based off of Tommie Harrisí extension.
2. Sign OG Louis Vasquez to 3-year $12 Million- The Bears have to find 2 starting OGs and donít have the draft picks to do so without FA. Louis is an immediate upgrade that wonít break the bank. It is somewhat concerning that he comes over from a power scheme to a ZBS, but I think he is versatile enough to do it.
3. Sign TE Jared Cook to 4-year $20 Million- The TE position was a black hole last season. This signing is all about potential. Cook has all of the talent in the world; hopefully Cutler can get it out of him.
4. Sign QB Kyle Orton to 1-year $850K- A solid backup QB behind Cutler.
5. Sign LB Nick Roach to 2-year $3 Million- I thought Roach performed well at MLB. In my scenario, I donít have the cap to re-sign Urlacher.
6. Sign DT Nick Collins to 2-year $2 Million- Collins is excellent depth.
7. Sign DT Amobi Okoye to 1-year $800K- DT depth
8. Sign DE Israel Idonije to 1-year $1.5 Million- Izzyís versatility means he still has value to this team that needs depth.
9. Sign CB Kelvin Hayden to 1-year $800K- CB depth
10. Sign Cheta Ozougwu to 1-year $500K- DE Depth
Rd 1. (20) OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma- I donít see any of the LTs making it to FA; and if Jake Long does, Iím not really interested if he is going to cost a fortune. Johnson is a big upside prospect. He is quickly gaining ground on Lewan and Fisher. He starts at LT from day one.
Rd 2. (50) LB Kasheem Greene, Rutgers- Greene is an outstanding LB prospect. In any other class he could be a 1st Rd pick.
Rd 4. (114) OG Hugh Thornton, Illinois- A big powerful OL, Thornton played LT for Illinois last season.
Rd 5. (155) WR Marquise Goodwin, Texas- A true burner to replace Knox.
Rd 6. (190) QB Alex Carder, Western Michigan- We need a developmental QB.
Undrafted Free Agent Signings
1. RB Knile Davis, Arkansas- Take a shot on a talented RB in UDFA.
2. CB Greg Reid, Valdosta St- Florida St transfer is an excellent UDFA signing.
3. TE Ben Cotton, Nebraska- A blocking TE prospect.
4. FB Zack Boren, Ohio St- FB depth