Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    So you think Garrett was a good OC in 2009 an 2010?????

vCash
    There is no way they will bring in Turner as long as Garrett is the head coach. It would be to awkward to have Turner reporting to Garrett, a guy whom he used to coach. How awkward would it be for Garrett to have a mentor of his supposedly reporting to him?

vCash
    I would pass on Norv. Norv's a retread. He's been here before. I want a new voice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacowboysfan View Post
    Did you read the "STATS" or pass them over? It seems that when stats are posted that are against the Romo believers they get ignored. Garrett won himself a starting job in Dallas, was sought out by other teams, and while being an OC in Dallas in 2009-2010 his offense was in the top echelon of the NFL.

Again, not a hard concept to grasp.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Did you read the "STATS" or pass them over? It seems that when stats are posted that are against the Romo believers they get ignored. Garrett won himself a starting job in Dallas, was sought out by other teams, and while being an OC in Dallas in 2009-2010 his offense was in the top echelon of the NFL.

Again, not a hard concept to grasp.

vCash
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

vCash
    again did you read the stats or are you going to play this back and forth game?

You made a statement, i countered it, you asked a question, i answered it, showed you facts, thus showing that the OC is not as big of an issue as people make it out to be, then you refuse to address this and continue on with irrelevant questions trying to trap me.

If you want to discuss things like adults let me know.
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-04-2013 at 12:35 AM.

"

vCash
    again did you read the stats or are you going to play this back and forth game?

You made a statement, i countered it, you asked a question, i answered it, showed you facts, thus showing that the OC is not as big of an issue as people make it out to be, then you refuse to address this and continue on with irrelevant questions trying to trap me.

If you want to discuss things like adults let me know.
    You did not answer the question. The is a simple question and you want to take a diplomatic approach to it. I am not trying to trap you it is a simple yes or no answer again. Do YOU think Garrett was a good OC in 2009 and 2010????

vCash
    1. please don't tell me what i am or am not doing.

2. i will answer your question: i never liked Garrett, but he's a better coordinator that coach. personally i wouldn't employ him at either position, but i'm not the coach and not the owner. Regardless of my personal opinion of Jason Garrett your questions was "when have we had a good OC and a good QB together". My response:

3. "2009 and 2010 when Garrett was the OC". this was the most recent example and i could offer more. His effectiveness would be highlighted by the offensives production. Since people so often use stats to make their case about Romo you can't create a double standard by not using the same philosophy on the other spectrum.

4. Jason Garrett was sought after by other teams before Jones hired him and he was promoted to head coach. You asked when was the last time, i gave you the stats.

Thus the entire point is the offensive coordinator is not the issue at hand.

"

vCash
    1. please don't tell me what i am or am not doing.

2. i will answer your question: i never liked Garrett, but he's a better coordinator that coach. personally i wouldn't employ him at either position, but i'm not the coach and not the owner. Regardless of my personal opinion of Jason Garrett your questions was "when have we had a good OC and a good QB together". My response:

3. "2009 and 2010 when Garrett was the OC". this was the most recent example and i could offer more. His effectiveness would be highlighted by the offensives production. Since people so often use stats to make their case about Romo you can't create a double standard by not using the same philosophy on the other spectrum.

4. Jason Garrett was sought after by other teams before Jones hired him and he was promoted to head coach. You asked when was the last time, i gave you the stats.

Thus the entire point is the offensive coordinator is not the issue at hand.
    When are you going to answer my question???

You say he is a better coordinator that coach but you would not employ his at either . Again with the diplomatic approach!!!!!! This is a very easy question.

Do you think Garrett was a good OC in 2009 an 2010?????

vCash
    what is your obsession with my opinion and why have you taken this discussion off topic? I already told you that i don't like Garrett. It's pretty easy to comprehend how i feel about him.

Noe regardless of whether i like the guy or not, which wasn't the original question or what this debate is centered on since you so love to get off topic to attempt to make some sort of irrelevant point or to out wit another poster, but this topic is focused on whether or not a new offensive coordinator will solve the cowboys problems.

IMO no it will not solve the problems with this team, because we've had solid offenses in the past ran by coaches and coordinators.

Garrett was the highest paid assistant in 2008. He interviewed and was sought after from the ravens, falcons, rams, lions and broncos. Since his hiring his offenses have always ranked in the top 20. So instead of you trying to bait me into some sort of trap, which you've attempted to do in the past, i answered your original question, shown you the facts, and proven to you that an offensive coordinator is not the solution. Now if you can't accept that then this conversation is finished and don't expect any more responses from me.

Either have a civil conversation or don't have one at all.
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-04-2013 at 10:51 AM.

"

vCash
    Overall the Cowboys record was 42–13 with 3 playoff appearances, winning 2 NFC East Division Titles (1992, 1993), 2 NFC Championships (1992, 1993), 3 Rushing Titles (1991–1993 Emmitt Smith), 1 League MVP (1993 Emmitt Smith), and 2 Super Bowls (XXVII, XXVVIII), in Turner's years in Dallas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norv_Turner

vCash
    Player ATT. INT
    1 Matthew Stafford, 727 17
    2 Drew Brees, 670 19
    3 Tony Romo, 648 19
    4 Tom Brady, 637 8
    5 Andrew Luck, 627 18

Interesting how five out of the top six QBs with the most passing attempts have the most INTs.

vCash
    Player ATT. INT
    1 Matthew Stafford, 727 17
    2 Drew Brees, 670 19
    3 Tony Romo, 648 19
    4 Tom Brady, 637 8
    5 Andrew Luck, 627 18

Interesting how five out of the top six QBs with the most passing attempts have the most INTs.
    And, it's also interesting how Stafford, Brees, and Romo each threw for a ton of yards, but none of them are in the playoffs.

vCash
    The NFL exists to make money. Long gone are the days of actual entertainment and sports goals. You can sell more tickets with a QB who throws 4000+ yards then a balanced approach.

"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast