Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pacowboysfan View Post
    Norv Turner is NOT a good head coach but he is a good OC. He should be signed ASAP. I also think this offense would be better served with a new system. If you look you will see Romo broke into the league with a different OC (payton) but now with Garrett he is getting floundering. If Garrett does not except the hiring of Turner. Then fire him and move on.This is one move that must happen.
    100% accurate. Great post.

vCash
    You want to hire an OC who's last team was bottom feeders in offensive production in the nfl?

Rob Ryan is the coordinator that needs to be replaced in Dallas. In 8 seasons as DC, a team he's coached has never had a winning record

vCash
    ok, so he had an 8-8 record when more than half of his starters were on IR? If the injuries had not happened, this team likely goes somsething like 12-4...Ryan was not the problem last year (in totality, he did make some bad moves throughout the year, but overall, did well)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    You want to hire an OC who's last team was bottom feeders in offensive production in the nfl?

Rob Ryan is the coordinator that needs to be replaced in Dallas. In 8 seasons as DC, a team he's coached has never had a winning record
    ???????? Turner was the head coach in SanDiego not the OC. ????????

vCash
    Who's to think Norv want's to be the Cowboys coordinator?
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-02-2013 at 09:35 AM.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post

How 'bout we bring in Gregg Williams to replace Rob Ryan that would certainly make things interesting.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8804050

vCash
    pretty sure you didn't read that correctly.

Hiring Norv = him being an OC, hence why he said it the way he did.

"

vCash
    I wonder a little myself, if a oc who can call plays would take some pressure off Garrett and let him focus on the overall game. It could give him a chance to focus more on key decisions that need to be made during the game, ones that change the face of the game and shift the momentum.

The only problem I have is now Romo has to adjust to a new coordinator and a different scheme. The last thing that this team needs is Tony to be uncomfortable running the offense.

vCash
    He was the OC as well...

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Who's to think Norv want's to be the Cowboys coordinator?
    he's our only hope...I don't see anyone out there that's up and coming that would want to come here and the veteran OC's already know to stay away...Norv has a history with both Jerry and Red...he has a good ideas of what to expect...he also has to know that doing good in Dallas will sprinboard him to another HC opportunity.
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    what still get's me is people are holding onto the idea that norv turner or an offensive coordinator is going to fix the problems with this franchise.

"

vCash
    how many excuses do people really need. let's put it this way:

1. What happens when we get an OC and Dallas still comes up short? Who's the next in line to blame?

2. What happens when we sign a big ticket FA offensive lineman, draft a guard/tackle/c and the entire o-line is healthy and productive and Dallas still comes up short? Who's the next in line to blame?

3. What happens when the majority of our starters finish the season healthy like most teams and Dallas comes up short? Who's the next in line to blame?

4. What happens when Dallas get's a decent running game and they still come up short? Who's the next in line to blame?

Before anyone answer's those questions remember that we've already had those things before, and teams that have won the super bowl have had less.

"

vCash
    When was the last time we had a good OC and a good QB?????

vCash
    together?

Just to name one off the top of my head, umm 2010 when Garrett was the OC. He got promoted to head coach so he was definitely valuable.

Dallas ranked 7th in yards/per game, 6th in passing, 16th in rushing, 7th in points per game.

Now Romo only played 6 games that season so I'm going to guess you'd use that as an excuse so i thought i'd show you 2009 too

Romo was 8th in passer rating, 10th in TD, 27th in INT, 5th in yards per game.
    Dallas as a team was 2nd in total yards, 7th in rushing, 14th in points and Dallas had the 9th best defense.

That's just 2 examples, and i could continue on finding more, but the point is it's just another failed excuse.

BTW, i love how people use stats to emphasize the greatness of Romo, but boy i find a ton of stats that ask the question "why have teams who have had equal or less production made it into the playoffs, won playoff games, gone deep, and won super bowls?"

My conclusion:
    1. They have a competent owner
    2. They have a coach who's a leader of men
    3. They have a QB who can withstand the pressure.

When you have those 3 fundamental parts you begin to see all the other areas come together.
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-03-2013 at 10:57 AM.

"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast