Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    I have to say, this might just be the toughest team we played all season. This will b a true test. If we win this game, we can go all the way because Seahawks beat some very good teams this season, and if we take them out, then we basically play the same team in SF, or we play GB. We mos def have a hard road to the Superbowl.
    I totally agree. I'm anxious for the game to come!

vCash
    Any predictions for Saturday's matchups Ravens-Broncos, Packers-Niners?

Both are rematches, GB lost to SF in WeeK 1 and BAL lost to DEN last month.

vCash
    I think it is because I have always liked the Ravens, but I feel they will pull off an upset and I just really like what Suggs/Kruger can do in that game. I know Denver's defense has been awesome but Boldin appeared as good as he was in Arizona last week and that gives me faith because he was, at one brief point, possibly the best receiver in the NFL when he was in Arizona.

I hate GB, so I'm rooting for the Niners. Regardless of my opinion there, Justin Smith/Aldon Smith is a nasty duo and the Packers line, as always, if their weak point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Any predictions for Saturday's matchups Ravens-Broncos, Packers-Niners?

Both are rematches, GB lost to SF in WeeK 1 and BAL lost to DEN last month.
    Im doing pretty good on predictions on here. I predicted 2 1000 yard receivers. I said the Giants wouldnt make the playoffs. I was way wrong about Philly though who i had picked to win the NFC East. Anyways, i pick Denver to beat Baltimore, and I pick GB to beat SF. Hopefully GB does win because i want our rematch.

vCash
    Before the season I said the Giants would win the East, Redskins second, then flip a coin between Dallas and Philly for 3rd. I wasn't sure if Washington would actually make the playoffs but figured they had enough talent on offense to stay in the race, told Skins fans that even after we beat them. But that RG3 injury/fall was tough to watch -- all of us in here know it's not easy being a fan when your QB is mobile and gets rocked on every scramble.

vCash
    Redskins, Vikings, and Seahawks finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively in rushing yards this season.

Gonna have to face their fears one way or another.
    We have nothing to fear but fear. Peyton Manning, my other favorite QB, was 0-3 to start his playoff career. Matty will break the ice, this year I think. We have a great air game that can overpower Seattle, especially if we keep them to the ground as I believe we will because of our great secondary. I think it will take longer for them to drive the ball down the field than us, and we can and will strike early and often against them. We're much better equipped this year than any other to win it all. We have numerous weapons with which to light up the scoreboard in the passing game (Harry, Roddy, Tony, Julio), and our lightning and thunder ground game with Rodgers and Turner is more than sufficient to open up our lethal passing game. If we can stop or at least limit the run, I believe we will win this game. I think Wilson will throw at least 1-2 picks.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

vCash
    http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/...reat-football/
    Cosell: “I don’t think Aaron Rodgers is playing particularly great football.”

Posted on January 8, 2013 by Grant Cohn

Greg Cosell [of NFL Films] spoke on KNBR Monday afternoon. Here’s what he said about Aaron Rodgers.

Q: How good is Aaron Rodgers, and can the 49ers contain him?

COSELL: I’m not saying this to be bold or controversial, but I don’t think Aaron Rodgers is playing particularly great football. I think he’s so physically gifted – he can throw it on the run better than anyone in this league – but he’s leaving an awful lot of plays on the field.

I think he’s indecisive and tentative in the pocket. He’s not pulling the trigger on throws that are there. I think this has been an ongoing thing all throughout the season.

Some people would say I’m nitpicking because of his numbers, but he’s so physically gifted that there are times that he still makes plays. The biggest concern with Aaron Rodgers and their pass offense right now is not the rhythmic flow of it, it’s the extension of plays. That’s where he’s at his best right now.

I would bet that the Packers will have to do some chipping with Jermichael Finley, with back, because their right tackle, Don Barclay, and quite frankly their left tackle, Marshall Newhouse, I don’t think they’re going to be able to block Ahmad Brooks or Aldon Smith.

Q: Why do you think Rodgers is leaving a lot of plays on the field?

COSELL: Sometimes he’ll leave plays on the field, move and make another play. Sometimes he’ll leave plays on the field, move and get sacked. His first two sacks this week were on him. He didn’t pull the trigger to open receivers and then he couldn’t get away. The defense then beat him. There’s been stretches of this season where he’s been like this. But he’s so physically gifted where he’ll make throws and you’ll go, “Wow, not many people make that throw.”

Q: It seems like their offense is not fazed when their in third and eight, third and 12.

COSELL: And that’s what you have to be concerned about. The burden Rodgers puts on your defense is this: No defense is built to cover, whether it’s zone or man, for four, five or six seconds. No defense it built to do that. And Rodgers, with his ability to extend plays – not only extend them, but then make throws at the intermediate and deeper levels, which is something not a lot of quarterbacks can do – that’s the burden he puts on your defense.
    Cosell is usually on point with his analysis, so take it for what it's worth.

vCash
    Before the season I said the Giants would win the East, Redskins second, then flip a coin between Dallas and Philly for 3rd. I wasn't sure if Washington would actually make the playoffs but figured they had enough talent on offense to stay in the race, told Skins fans that even after we beat them. But that RG3 injury/fall was tough to watch -- all of us in here know it's not easy being a fan when your QB is mobile and gets rocked on every scramble.
    I forgot the other teams i had making the playoffs and all that but i know i had Atlanta and Philly getting the 1-2 seed. I also picked Minnesota to be the worst team in the league and KC to make the playoffs. Guess i was worst then i thought now that i think about it.

vCash
    I was wrong about the Chiefs, thought they would at least put up a fight for the AFC West title. Actually I'll take that back, I still believe I was right about the talent everywhere besides the two most important positions, but if those two positions (coach and quarterback) aren't right, well....

I think Baltimore has a puncher's chance because of Kruger and Suggs, like RN said. They have to put the game in Rice's hands though (and he can't fumble it away). Denver is legit at almost every position and can make you pay.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-08-2013 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    I was wrong about the Chiefs, thought they would at least put up a fight for the AFC West title. Actually I'll take that back, I still believe I was right about the talent everywhere besides the two most important positions, but if those two positions (coach and quarterback) aren't right, well....

I think Baltimore has a puncher's chance because of Kruger and Suggs, like RN said. They have to put the game in Rice's hands though (and he can't fumble it away). Denver is legit at almost every position and can make you pay.
    Yeah i actually think Denver is the most complete team in the league. Ravens will definitely put on a fight but i dont see them puttin up enough points to keep up with Peyton Manning and that offense.

vCash
    When McGahee got injured I thought they might be in trouble but it seems like they haven't missed a beat.

vCash
    I have the Broncos over the Ravens and the Packers over the 49ers and on Sunday, us over the Seahawks and The Pats over the Texans. The article in the Globe is ridiculous though. Ha.

I'm in New England(have been for the past few days) and it seems that a lot of the Pats fans I've talked to aren't even close to that confident. We'll see what happens but I don't see Schaub being able to keep up with Brady even playing against a vastly inferior defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    I have the Broncos over the Ravens and the Packers over the 49ers and on Sunday, us over the Seahawks and The Pats over the Texans. The article in the Globe is ridiculous though. Ha.

I'm in New England(have been for the past few days) and it seems that a lot of the Pats fans I've talked to aren't even close to that confident. We'll see what happens but I don't see Schaub being able to keep up with Brady even playing against a vastly inferior defense.
    I agree with all of that. Im not as sure about the Houston/NE game though. A mad team can be very dangerous.

vCash
    The Texans have to get pressure on Brady from start to finish if they want to pull off the upset. I don't believe any team should try to convince themselves that they can go score for score with New England, especially on the road.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...wis-vs-manning
    "It’s just two people who understand the game very well, and offensively, he understands what things he wants to see, and defensively, we understand what things we don’t want him to see," Lewis said. "That’s where the chess match comes in. You give him what he wants? He beats you. You give him what he doesn’t want? Then you beat him."

It's fitting that Lewis, who recently announced that he will retire after the season, has to go through his old nemesis before leaving the game. No other quarterback has had Lewis' number quite like Manning. Over the past decade, Lewis has beaten the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger. But Manning has been the kryptonite to the NFL's defensive superman.

Manning has beaten the Ravens nine straight times, the second-longest active streak by one quarterback against a single opponent, according to ESPN Stats & Information. No quarterback has more wins against the Ravens than Manning, and he's never been in the same division as Baltimore. During his nine-game win streak against Baltimore, Manning has completed 65.2 percent of his passes and averaged 247.3 yards passing. He has thrown 15 touchdowns and six interceptions for a 97.4 passer rating.

"It's a whole new game now," Lewis said. "The only thing that matters right now is if we win this week."

Lewis hasn't defeated Manning since 2001, when the Ravens were defending Super Bowl champions and the LB was reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Since then, Manning has ended Lewis' season twice in the playoffs (2006 and 2009). If the QB does it a third time, it will end Lewis' 17-year career.

"Ray Lewis knows how I feel about him," Manning said, "and I'll share that with him at the appropriate time."

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast