Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    good luck
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    Their whole 11 is pretty nasty lol.
    That's true. The O-Line better be mentally preparing.

vCash
    I don't know how much better Christian Ponder REALLY is than Joe Webb, but that was a lot of ask of any QB who hadn't seen the field all year. Peterson still deserves the MVP award though, IMO.

My #1 thought while watching that SEA-WSH game was how much RG3 (or Cousins) needed a TE or some kind of safety valve over the middle once Seattle basically shut down everything on the outside.

I've already asked Bosox to do this upcoming gamethread because my record was something like 7-3 while he was undefeated this season. So don't blame me, ha.

vCash
    No doubt Gonzalez is going to be important. They have two good safeties but their role isn't stopping the TE [Or at least most of the time it isn't]. We're going to beat them offensively with big plays outside, Gonzalez over the middle and keeping in a back to protect constantly. Much easier said than done, but thankfully I'm not our QB.

Defensively it will be tough. They have a strong O-Line and our D-Line... Isn't, especially against the run. I expect them to feed to Lynch quite a bit and Nolan needs to come up with an answer and stick with it.

vCash
    I'm ready for the Seahawks!!! We got this!!!

Rise Up!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar
    No doubt Gonzalez is going to be important. They have two good safeties but their role isn't stopping the TE [Or at least most of the time it isn't]. We're going to beat them offensively with big plays outside, Gonzalez over the middle and keeping in a back to protect constantly. Much easier said than done, but thankfully I'm not our QB.

Defensively it will be tough. They have a strong O-Line and our D-Line... Isn't, especially against the run. I expect them to feed to Lynch quite a bit and Nolan needs to come up with an answer and stick with it.
    Yeah, Gonzalez and also Quizz as a receiver out of the backfield. The Skins don't have any backs who are legit threats in the passing game, so their offense couldn't challenge Seattle that way either.

vCash
    I have to say, this might just be the toughest team we played all season. This will b a true test. If we win this game, we can go all the way because Seahawks beat some very good teams this season, and if we take them out, then we basically play the same team in SF, or we play GB. We mos def have a hard road to the Superbowl.

vCash
    Our gamethread is up now, so let's use this thread to discuss other playoff matchups that don't involve the Falcons.

You guys see this article from the Boston newspaper?

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/0...tIL/story.html
    Texans matchup just what the Patriots wanted

By Dan Shaughnessy | GLOBE COLUMNIST
    JANUARY 06, 2013

The 2012-13 New England Patriots just became the first team in NFL history to get back-to-back byes before advancing to the conference championship game.

Could this get any easier?

I mean, seriously? The planets are aligned and the tomato cans are in place. The fraudulent Houston Texans are the only team standing between the New England Patriots and a trip to the AFC Championship game. All the Patriots have to do is beat the terrible Texans. One week from today. At Gillette Stadium.

Pass Go and collect $200. The Patriots are in the AFC title game.

(continued...)

vCash
    rofl
    I was going to root for Houston, but now I'll root extra hard

vCash
    Houston will need a lot more than we saw from their offense, especially in the red zone, if they want to beat the Pats.

vCash
    No doubt, and I doubt they have it in them. Schaub is good but not great. Him and Flacco are sadly stuck in that limbo state where it's hard to trust them. They can put up numbers, make plays but they do need help. One positive of this season is Ryan is proving he can do it with no run game or pass protection.

vCash
    Yeah, Kubiak might have to take a page from Rex Ryan and John Harbaugh. The Jets and Ravens won playoff games in New England the same way -- feed the RBs and win the turnover battle. NYJ and BAL combined pass yards in those two games: 228, combined rush yards: 354. Foster is gonna have to come up big for them.

vCash
    They will need a really big game from Andre Johnson to win this game.

vCash
    I think they need to use Ben Tate more too. Tate is awesome, but highly under utilized. Using him more can be a huge key for them to not only give different looks with the same plays [Tate is Walter Payton to Foster's Barry Sanders, if you will] but it should help out Foster whose YPC go down continually as he gets more carries.

vCash
    Agree with both of you. Andre's targets and how the Pats cover him might wind up the story of the game -- NE had the 5th most INTs this season and Schaub was a completely different QB away from home, so it could be a trap.
    Code:
            G	Cmp	Att	Cmp%	Yds	TD     Int      Rate
    Home	8	186	274	67.9%	2190	13	4	101.7
    Road	8	164	270	60.7%	1818	 9	8	79.5
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-07-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast