Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    I was thinking Jones for sure.

Living in DC, I'm gonna be hearing about Flacco for a while. Hope people don't think he's better than Ryan or I might get into a few fights these next couple of months.

vCash
    I think he's a good QB who finally stepped out of Ray Lewis' shadow. He can also thank that Lewis-led defense (and Ray Rice) for carrying him to postseason success early in his career though. Ryan hadn't played well in January in previous years, but his defense has also given up nearly 30 PPG in his five career starts and that's A LOT for any QB/offense to overcome. Flacco was great in these playoffs though, and he and Caldwell deserves their props.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. I'm always up for some schadenfreude.
    http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/2/...s-interference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan
    http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/2/4/3949526/49ers-ravens-falcons-pass-interference
    And you know I rarely talk about refs in any sport. Not tolerating any whining from Niners fans today. Or any day
    Last edited by Bravo95; 02-04-2013 at 11:25 AM.

vCash
    On his radio show just now, Colin Cowherd said Flacco is one of 5 best QBs in football. AND SO IT BEGINS...
    Last edited by Bravo95; 02-04-2013 at 11:24 AM.

vCash
    On his radio show just now, Colin Cowherd said Flacco is one of 5 best QBs in football. AND SO IT BEGINS...
    O lawd. That idiot just needs to quit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    O lawd. That idiot just needs to quit.
    What are you talking about? Active starting QB's with rings:
    Brady
    Manning
    Manning
    Roethlisberger
    Brees
    Flacco

Clearly Flacco deserves to be in the top 5[6?] It obviously falls off after #6 to Ryan or Cutler or something. Zero rings=zero cares.

vCash
    Tim Hasselbeck was the co-host and sounded like he wanted to laugh in his face. Asked him something like: "So you can't name five QBs right now that you would take ahead of him?" Then: "If I offered you Eli Manning or Joe Flacco, who are you taking?"

vCash
    A source tells ProFootballTalk.com that Rob Ryan's deal with the Saints to become their defensive coordinator is "basically" done.

The Saints are still expected to interview Georgia DC Todd Grantham on Thursday before meeting with Ryan on Friday. But barring (another) swift change of direction from Ryan, expect this deal to be consummated by the weekend. Both ESPN's Adam Schefter and now PFT are reporting identically.
    rotoworld

vCash
    Meh. A lot of mediocrity in Ryan's previous defenses. http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/RyanRo0.htm

Only once higher than 13th in either yards or points allowed in his career, and he's had plenty of talent to work with.

vCash
    Meh. A lot of mediocrity in Ryan's previous defenses. http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/RyanRo0.htm

Only once higher than 13th in either yards or points allowed in his career, and he's had plenty of talent to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    rotoworld
    Yea seems as if the Saints are going after the big name. He had some pretty good players on that cowboys team and couldnt do anything with them. I doubt he make the Saints defense any better more especially after their scheme change to 3-4.

vCash

Good point. I must have been blinded by the fact his brother is amazing.

vCash
    Yeah, Rex is arguably the best defensive mind in the business, IMO. Dee might be right about them just trying to sign another big name despite not having the personnel to execute what he wants. They did the same thing last season when they got Spagnuolo. One of the reasons I liked Nolan is because he had experience with every scheme so he could adapt if necessary. But Spagnuolo only knows one way, and that's kind of how I view Rob Ryan. He doesn't seem like a guy who will "change his ways", in more ways than one.

vCash
    Yeah, Rex is arguably the best defensive mind in the business, IMO. Dee might be right about them just trying to sign another big name despite not having the personnel to execute what he wants. They did the same thing last season when they got Spagnuolo. One of the reasons I liked Nolan is because he had experience with every scheme so he could adapt if necessary. But Spagnuolo only knows one way, and that's kind of how I view Rob Ryan. He doesn't seem like a guy who will "change his ways", in more ways than one.
    I agree. The Saints actually wanted to run a 3-4 though. That was part of the reason Spag was fired, but to me, ryan has never proved to be a good D Coach. I dont know why the Saints thinks he will do better with even less talent to work with but im not complaining.

vCash
    IIRC, Rex Ryan and Mike Smith were the last two finalists for the Falcons job in '08. Now, Smitty has done some great things for us, don't get me wrong..... but can you imagine where this franchise would be if Rex was the guy they hired? The reason why the Jets suck is because Rex and Tannenbaum knew nothing about offense, but Dimitroff definitely would have given him all the weapons he needs, including Matt.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 02-06-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast