Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    What kind of weapons does he have at his disposal? How about an offensive line. Shut up if you talk out of your ***.
    That's rude. He has a top 10 wr and top 10 Rb. He has way better "weapons" than Rodgers has had all year. He's not a good QB.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Alright, this shite is just getting stupid. Lovie was defensive minded, not the DC - that was Rod Marinelli, and it has been Rod these past few years that has brought the defense back from the edge of disaster that Lovie Smith and Bob Babich put it in.

For those that can't seem to remove the mental block - during Lovies tenure, his aggregate team defensive ranking was 13th, pretty good. Part of that average was courtesy of Ron Rivera who produced a #2 and a #5 defensive ranking, for which Lovie showed him the door. Then he put Bob Babich on the DC job in 07/08, the defense ranked 27th/21st. The year that Lovie himself ran the defense, 2009, it ranked 17th - nothing in those numbers indicates anything above mediocrity from his "defensive skills". And when found without his stars... the rest of the team, both offensive and defensive... just plain sucked. So give this "defensive" guru fecal matter a rest.

The head coaches job is to have the team prepared, that INCLUDES the offense at game time AND the WHOLE team in the event of injuries - he did neither. As an in game manager/strategist - he was abysmal - more of a spectator from the sidelines than anything else, and outcoached by nearly every above .500 coach on the other sideline.

Consistently producing an offense that ranked at the bottom of the league year in and year out is the direct result of his choices in staff. Darryl Drake is obviously a stellar WR coach - no. Tice never was "magical" with the offensive line, and then he was promoted to OC? You gotta be f'kn kidding me... stupid is as stupid does - say J'marcus Webb & Frank Omigod 10 times. Good grief, some of the day to day decisions of this team the past few years have just been simply dumbfounding - and ultimately, that's all Lovie's responsibility by the way.

"Rex is our quarterback" - that face and phrase will be forever etched in the dumbass lore of the Bears. To have him say even this year, "not a must win game" after the Bears lost during the last season run, in a presser - is probably the stupidest thing I have heard him say - and he has said a LOT of stupid things.

How about calling time out as a play started, seeing that the play was about to go somewhere... rewind and blow it on the next try. How about the worst record of challenges in the NFL... good grief, this guy can't get out of his own doofus way. Those events are not exceptions, they were regular, even predictable events!

Yes, Lovie is a stand up guy - very respectable - he is also GONE, thank the stars. Losing year in and out with an 8-8. 9-7, 7-9 or even a 10-6 record and not making the playoffs is no different than losing every year with a 2-14 record, you just get better excuses for "next year". Collapsing in the latter half of every season is backwards as well. I'd rather see a team "figure it out" early in the year and pull it together later in the year - not with Lovie. Once all the remnants of previous regimes were removed and the team was truly Lovies - he produced 1 playoff season - gifted by virtue of a soft schedule from being a complete bust the year before (7-9).

Bears fans, stop whining and pining and get on with life, there will be a new HC next year... like it or lump it, but no amount of crying over a guy that excelled at little more than mediocrity will make any difference at this point. I'm sure Lovie will get a job somewhere else, where player discipline is terrible and the defense sucks, you can always follow him there, or be a Bears fan.

Nor will I mind if this team goes 3-13. 6-10 and 5-11 over the next three years... as it is going to take some creative rebuilding to refill the tank of a team that is just about out of gas player wise. As long as the next coach calls it like it is - stop insulting the fans intelligence with pressers saying everything is ok, or we will be better and accept some personal responsibility for f'ks sake - then I'm good with whoever takes the helm.

What is done is done - get over it - time to move on.

pfffttt

vCash
    Bear fans only call us the Fudge Packers because we always push the the bears **** in when we play.

I know this has nothing to do with anything but I was reading the Devin Hester retiring article and the comments had some stupid bears and packers fans, and the bears fan called the packers the fudge pack.
    I finally thought of my retort whenever I hear that nickname.

Bdawk4prez owns me.

vCash
    The thing I don't get us that Bears fans embrace Jay Cutler's doucheyness.... Why?

Bdawk4prez owns me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberBiscuit View Post
    Alright, this shite is just getting stupid. Lovie was defensive minded, not the DC - that was Rod Marinelli, and it has been Rod these past few years that has brought the defense back from the edge of disaster that Lovie Smith and Bob Babich put it in.

For those that can't seem to remove the mental block - during Lovies tenure, his aggregate team defensive ranking was 13th, pretty good. Part of that average was courtesy of Ron Rivera who produced a #2 and a #5 defensive ranking, for which Lovie showed him the door. Then he put Bob Babich on the DC job in 07/08, the defense ranked 27th/21st. The year that Lovie himself ran the defense, 2009, it ranked 17th - nothing in those numbers indicates anything above mediocrity from his "defensive skills". And when found without his stars... the rest of the team, both offensive and defensive... just plain sucked. So give this "defensive" guru fecal matter a rest.

The head coaches job is to have the team prepared, that INCLUDES the offense at game time AND the WHOLE team in the event of injuries - he did neither. As an in game manager/strategist - he was abysmal - more of a spectator from the sidelines than anything else, and outcoached by nearly every above .500 coach on the other sideline.

Consistently producing an offense that ranked at the bottom of the league year in and year out is the direct result of his choices in staff. Darryl Drake is obviously a stellar WR coach - no. Tice never was "magical" with the offensive line, and then he was promoted to OC? You gotta be f'kn kidding me... stupid is as stupid does - say J'marcus Webb & Frank Omigod 10 times. Good grief, some of the day to day decisions of this team the past few years have just been simply dumbfounding - and ultimately, that's all Lovie's responsibility by the way.

"Rex is our quarterback" - that face and phrase will be forever etched in the dumbass lore of the Bears. To have him say even this year, "not a must win game" after the Bears lost during the last season run, in a presser - is probably the stupidest thing I have heard him say - and he has said a LOT of stupid things.

How about calling time out as a play started, seeing that the play was about to go somewhere... rewind and blow it on the next try. How about the worst record of challenges in the NFL... good grief, this guy can't get out of his own doofus way. Those events are not exceptions, they were regular, even predictable events!

Yes, Lovie is a stand up guy - very respectable - he is also GONE, thank the stars. Losing year in and out with an 8-8. 9-7, 7-9 or even a 10-6 record and not making the playoffs is no different than losing every year with a 2-14 record, you just get better excuses for "next year". Collapsing in the latter half of every season is backwards as well. I'd rather see a team "figure it out" early in the year and pull it together later in the year - not with Lovie. Once all the remnants of previous regimes were removed and the team was truly Lovies - he produced 1 playoff season - gifted by virtue of a soft schedule from being a complete bust the year before (7-9).

Bears fans, stop whining and pining and get on with life, there will be a new HC next year... like it or lump it, but no amount of crying over a guy that excelled at little more than mediocrity will make any difference at this point. I'm sure Lovie will get a job somewhere else, where player discipline is terrible and the defense sucks, you can always follow him there, or be a Bears fan.

Nor will I mind if this team goes 3-13. 6-10 and 5-11 over the next three years... as it is going to take some creative rebuilding to refill the tank of a team that is just about out of gas player wise. As long as the next coach calls it like it is - stop insulting the fans intelligence with pressers saying everything is ok, or we will be better and accept some personal responsibility for f'ks sake - then I'm good with whoever takes the helm.

What is done is done - get over it - time to move on.
    Perfectly put. Especially about how Hot Rod is the one who brought the defense back and firing Rivera after the defense ranked 2 and 5 for Babich. Disgusting. Even when Lovie ran the defense it was still middle of the pack at 17. Horrible in game management, mind blowing challenges, lack of creativity, definitely sugar coated EVERYTHING. Lovie's a great guy, but this team needs an innovative, offensive mind with a love for defense as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    The thing I don't get us that Bears fans embrace Jay Cutler's doucheyness.... Why?
    Well, he's our QB. If he played for the Packers, you would support him too.

As for his personality, I don't give a ****. As long as he plays well that's all that matters.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    He looks extra douchy to you because you hate the Bears and the media plays along. To me, despite what the media portrays, there is little difference between Rodgers and Cutler, attitude-wise.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 34_for_life View Post
    He looks extra douchy to you because you hate the Bears and the media plays along. To me, despite what the media portrays, there is little difference between Rodgers and Cutler, attitude-wise.
    Rodgers is definitely a douche too, but the media doesn't convey him as one, he has a ring, and he does State Farm and Pizza Hut commercials so therefore he's looked at as a great person.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    That's rude. He has a top 10 wr and top 10 Rb. He has way better "weapons" than Rodgers has had all year. He's not a good QB.
    Difference is...Rodgers has a plethera of weapons.

Bmarsh > Jennings
    Alshon < Jordy
    Earl < James Jones
    Hester < Cobb
    Davis < Finley

And those guys aren't just a little bit better then what the Bears have, its a hugeee margin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    Rodgers is definitely a douche too, but the media doesn't convey him as one, he has a ring, and he does State Farm and Pizza Hut commercials so therefore he's looked at as a great person.
    Preaching to the choir.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    Hester is contemplating retirement due to Smith's firing.
    Hester blows, he should give a lot of his salary back for not doing **** on the field.

vCash
    Urlacher and Briggs are also douchebags. I suppose we should cut them.

Although, I don't want to resign Urlacher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    They should hire Josh McDaniels, lol.
    He is the answer to all programs. I will attest to this as a Bronco fan.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    He is the answer to all programs. I will attest to this as a Bronco fan.
    What's an answer to a program?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    What's an answer to a program?
    I thinks thats when you come into a team, get rid of all the good players, fail miserably, and get fired.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast