Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 235
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    28,508
    vCash
    11560
    I will miss Lovie. :cry:

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,314
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I can think of a bunch of head coaches that were known for going DEFCON 1 on the sidelines, but it didn't necessarily equate to them being good coaches, good men, or winners.
    Exactly! Does anyone really think Rex Ryan is a good coach?? Lovie needed to be fired but not because he doesn't show emotion on the sidelines.
    Everyone knows that Lovie is a very in house kinda guy. Who's to say what he does and what he doesn't do behind close doors to these guys?

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    9,539
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveCubs View Post
    Exactly! Does anyone really think Rex Ryan is a good coach?? Lovie needed to be fired but not because he doesn't show emotion on the sidelines.
    Everyone knows that Lovie is a very in house kinda guy. Who's to say what he does and what he doesn't do behind close doors to these guys?
    Well, in fairness to both Rex and Rob Ryan, they learned how to be coaches from their father. Buddy was a great defensive coordinator, but he was also very fiery on the sidelines. Ditka and Ryan almost came to blows at halftime of games.

    Lovie, on the other hand, learned about coaching from Tony Dungy. Need I say more?
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,796
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Well, in fairness to both Rex and Rob Ryan, they learned how to be coaches from their father. Buddy was a great defensive coordinator, but he was also very fiery on the sidelines. Ditka and Ryan almost came to blows at halftime of games.

    Lovie, on the other hand, learned about coaching from Tony Dungy. Need I say more?
    The difference with Buddy though is that the Bears defensive players loved him.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    3,265
    vCash
    1500
    Lovie Smith : Bears :: Mike Shanahan : Broncos

    This is going to set them back for a few years.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

    -Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,300
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Lovie Smith : Bears :: Mike Shanahan : Broncos

    This is going to set them back for a few years.
    Set them back a long long time. We ****ed up.

    Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

    Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    You will be missed Lovie. Yes the team was frustrating (alot). But you did your job professionally and respectfully. He carried himself impeccably, won the respect of his players and was never a story himself that could distract from the team. I appreciated and respected those qualities. If only it would have translated into only a few more wins. Maybe I'm wrong, but change the results of 3-5 games during lovie's tenure and I think he's not only still here, but here with job security. But that's the NFL, smal margin for error. Good luck to you in your next stop, I'll be rooting for you.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    And I still fault the front office as much or more than Lovie for their ineptitude in drafting offensive players. They hamstrung him from a talent standpoint.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,955
    vCash
    1500
    As a Packer fan... Damn.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    14,056
    vCash
    1500
    Raiders get rid of Allen and get this guy!!

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    chicago, illinois
    Posts
    12,042
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Is anyone really that surprised by this?

    Sure, the Bears were 10-6, but this is the 5th time in 6 years that they've missed the Playoffs. That gets just about every coach fired in the NFL.
    Exactly, are peoples memories really this short that they keep saying they'll miss lovie or this was a mistake. He was a horrible coach. He was horrible at making adjustments, he tried to be friends with his players more than being a coach. He was the worst coach at challenging plays. He is the only coach I can remember where the team publicly came out and told it's fans "don't worry, he will have nothing to do with the offense" because he was so bad when he was calling plays. I don't know why people don't remember this kind of stuff. I am not really even a Bears fan that much and yet I remember.

    Don't ask don't tell is back, not for gays in the military, Obama's policy for questions about Libya - Jay Leno

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    9,539
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    Exactly, are peoples memories really this short that they keep saying they'll miss lovie or this was a mistake. He was a horrible coach. He was horrible at making adjustments, he tried to be friends with his players more than being a coach. He was the worst coach at challenging plays. He is the only coach I can remember where the team publicly came out and told it's fans "don't worry, he will have nothing to do with the offense" because he was so bad when he was calling plays. I don't know why people don't remember this kind of stuff. I am not really even a Bears fan that much and yet I remember.
    Very true. And this isn't even the first year when people thought that Lovie would get fired. It's just the year that it actually happened. Still, he'll make a good DC for some lucky team.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    5,374
    vCash
    1500
    Hester is contemplating retirement due to Smith's firing.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,698
    vCash
    1500
    Good riddence Hester. Serriously, he hasn't been good for a while and he's a disaster at WR. If the Bears could get a 5th round pick for him the should do it and move on.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,067
    vCash
    1500

    Lovie Smith fired

    He should have been fired in 2009 for missing the playoffs 3 years in a row after the Super Bowl.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •