Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    I will miss Lovie. :cry:

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I can think of a bunch of head coaches that were known for going DEFCON 1 on the sidelines, but it didn't necessarily equate to them being good coaches, good men, or winners.
    Exactly! Does anyone really think Rex Ryan is a good coach?? Lovie needed to be fired but not because he doesn't show emotion on the sidelines.
    Everyone knows that Lovie is a very in house kinda guy. Who's to say what he does and what he doesn't do behind close doors to these guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveCubs View Post
    Exactly! Does anyone really think Rex Ryan is a good coach?? Lovie needed to be fired but not because he doesn't show emotion on the sidelines.
    Everyone knows that Lovie is a very in house kinda guy. Who's to say what he does and what he doesn't do behind close doors to these guys?
    Well, in fairness to both Rex and Rob Ryan, they learned how to be coaches from their father. Buddy was a great defensive coordinator, but he was also very fiery on the sidelines. Ditka and Ryan almost came to blows at halftime of games.

Lovie, on the other hand, learned about coaching from Tony Dungy. Need I say more?
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Well, in fairness to both Rex and Rob Ryan, they learned how to be coaches from their father. Buddy was a great defensive coordinator, but he was also very fiery on the sidelines. Ditka and Ryan almost came to blows at halftime of games.

Lovie, on the other hand, learned about coaching from Tony Dungy. Need I say more?
    The difference with Buddy though is that the Bears defensive players loved him.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Lovie Smith : Bears :: Mike Shanahan : Broncos

This is going to set them back for a few years.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Lovie Smith : Bears :: Mike Shanahan : Broncos

This is going to set them back for a few years.
    Set them back a long long time. We ****ed up.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    You will be missed Lovie. Yes the team was frustrating (alot). But you did your job professionally and respectfully. He carried himself impeccably, won the respect of his players and was never a story himself that could distract from the team. I appreciated and respected those qualities. If only it would have translated into only a few more wins. Maybe I'm wrong, but change the results of 3-5 games during lovie's tenure and I think he's not only still here, but here with job security. But that's the NFL, smal margin for error. Good luck to you in your next stop, I'll be rooting for you.

vCash
    And I still fault the front office as much or more than Lovie for their ineptitude in drafting offensive players. They hamstrung him from a talent standpoint.

vCash
    As a Packer fan... Damn.

vCash
    Raiders get rid of Allen and get this guy!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Is anyone really that surprised by this?

Sure, the Bears were 10-6, but this is the 5th time in 6 years that they've missed the Playoffs. That gets just about every coach fired in the NFL.
    Exactly, are peoples memories really this short that they keep saying they'll miss lovie or this was a mistake. He was a horrible coach. He was horrible at making adjustments, he tried to be friends with his players more than being a coach. He was the worst coach at challenging plays. He is the only coach I can remember where the team publicly came out and told it's fans "don't worry, he will have nothing to do with the offense" because he was so bad when he was calling plays. I don't know why people don't remember this kind of stuff. I am not really even a Bears fan that much and yet I remember.

Don't ask don't tell is back, not for gays in the military, Obama's policy for questions about Libya - Jay Leno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    Exactly, are peoples memories really this short that they keep saying they'll miss lovie or this was a mistake. He was a horrible coach. He was horrible at making adjustments, he tried to be friends with his players more than being a coach. He was the worst coach at challenging plays. He is the only coach I can remember where the team publicly came out and told it's fans "don't worry, he will have nothing to do with the offense" because he was so bad when he was calling plays. I don't know why people don't remember this kind of stuff. I am not really even a Bears fan that much and yet I remember.
    Very true. And this isn't even the first year when people thought that Lovie would get fired. It's just the year that it actually happened. Still, he'll make a good DC for some lucky team.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Hester is contemplating retirement due to Smith's firing.

vCash
    Good riddence Hester. Serriously, he hasn't been good for a while and he's a disaster at WR. If the Bears could get a 5th round pick for him the should do it and move on.

vCash

Lovie Smith fired

He should have been fired in 2009 for missing the playoffs 3 years in a row after the Super Bowl.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast