Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    This is a NFL FORUM. You all want to chat about the Bears, I want to chat how all you Bears fans were talking about your team being the GOAT a couple of weeks ago.
    We may have been wrong, but when was the last time your team was considered anything but bad?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    maybe the new coach will get rid of Jay Cutler, there is your main problem
    /thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    Remember that thread earlier this year that got closed about the Bears not having a win against teams with .500 records? I miss that thread.

Anyways, sucks for the bears because they have a low pick in the draft this year on account of their 10-6 record. If their first pick isn't an o-lineman I'd say they're idiots. Then again they aren't a team known to draft well. Most of their big name players were acquired via trades and FA signing (Cutler, Peppers, Marshall, etc.)
    Remember NEW GM.. Angelo is gone and his bad draft picks. Phil Emery is now the GM and Look at last years Draft. Pretty Solid

vCash
    Devin Hester is considering retirement. I don't think he's going to be alone.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...ars-fire-smith
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 34_for_life View Post
    Devin Hester is considering retirement. I don't think he's going to be alone.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...ars-fire-smith
    It's the usual dynamic when you have a longstanding head coach who has a winning record, but hasn't managed to win the big games. Fans usually want to push him out the door (if not over a cliff), but players almost always side with the head coach. Maybe in the upcoming days we'll hear differently, but my guess is that Lovie was liked by the majority of his players.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    It's the usual dynamic when you have a longstanding head coach who has a winning record, but hasn't managed to win the big games. Fans usually want to push him out the door (if not over a cliff), but players almost always side with the head coach. Maybe in the upcoming days we'll hear differently, but my guess is that Lovie was liked by the majority of his players.

Yes, this is very well known already and has been for a long time. He was very much a player's coach and tremendously liked by his players. That being said, this change was necessary.

vCash
    Is anyone really that surprised by this?

Sure, the Bears were 10-6, but this is the 5th time in 6 years that they've missed the Playoffs. That gets just about every coach fired in the NFL.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    I have never seen Lovie Smith get mad. He always have that ***** look on his face. I thought of him as a soft HC....with no balls.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    With all these coaches being fired i hope Bevell isn't interviewed since leaving the Vikings he has been a much better OC probably because Childress controlled the Offense.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I have never seen Lovie Smith get mad. He always have that ***** look on his face. I thought of him as a soft HC....with no balls.
    I have my gripes with Lovie, but him not showing emotions doesn't stop the fact his players absolutely loved and respected him. In terms of motivating his players, there are few like Lovie. It's too bad he's a total moron on the offensive side of the ball.

vCash
    That's pretty ridiculous.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    I've seen Lovie upset on the sidelines during a game. What I haven't seen are the demonstrative hysterics, cursing, etc., that other coaches engage in when they're upset. It's a personality thing; you can't hold it against him. I can think of a bunch of head coaches that were known for going DEFCON 1 on the sidelines, but it didn't necessarily equate to them being good coaches, good men, or winners.

vCash

Which non-playoff teams can easily/quickly turn it around next season?

Delete
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    It doesn't matter if he's quiet on the sidelines or runs up and down cursing like a lunatic. You're judged by the teams performance. Missing the playoffs 5 of 6 times since the SB run is not acceptable.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    It doesn't matter if he's quiet on the sidelines or runs up and down cursing like a lunatic. You're judged by the teams performance. Missing the playoffs 5 of 6 times since the SB run is not acceptable.
    Agreed. In the end, it always comes down to competing for Super Bowls. No coach or GM is ever safe...and I think they all know and accept it.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast