Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    Romo is a choker. Cutler had one of the best 4th QTR passer ratings in the league.
    Small sample sizes mean nothing, anything can happen in a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Clutch is 100% subjective and stupid to argue about.
    Sorry, but anyone who says Romo is clutch is a moron.

vCash
    I personally think Romo is the slightly better QB, however having to choose between the 2 with the game on the line, I think you'd be an idiot not to go with Cutler.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    This doesn't make me happy. Lovie isn't the problem. He was the defensive coach, he didn't worry about the offense. The defense was average at worst throughout his tenure. They never got an offensive coordinator fit our players.

I really don't care either way, but firing Lovie wasn't the right thing to do
    I agree with you. I was shocked when I saw he got fired and immediately wanted the Bills to pick him up.

He went 10-6 with Cutler as his QB. I'm not sure what more you can ask for. Sure, they missed the playoffs but only because they are in a hard division in the NFC. Put them into the AFC and they win their division easily.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I agree with you. I was shocked when I saw he got fired and immediately wanted the Bills to pick him up.

He went 10-6 with Cutler as his QB. I'm not sure what more you can ask for. Sure, they missed the playoffs but only because they are in a hard division in the NFC. Put them into the AFC and they win their division easily.
    Sanity check; Smith has been regularly out-coached by Belichick, even moreso than McCarthy has. I would think the Bills have had enough of the Bears coaching cast-offs to date - but that said, it wouldn't surprise me to see him end up in Buffalo. In which case, Buffalo will enjoy a bridesmaid decent defense for some time to come with their current player core - and as inefficient and probably worse offense than they already have, if Smith holds true to form. The Bears offense has gone from ranking 20th under Wannstedt to 23rd under Jauron to 26th under Smith - just a heads up, and Smith had a much longer tenure to turn that around than either of those other two previous coaches.

In a Goodell/Offensive oriented league... you have to be able to score points to win championships, that's why Lovie was let go to begin with - he had his shot at installing an offensive scheme (many of them) and muffed it. Not to mention his teams made 1 postseason appearance in the last 6 - same as what Wannstedt/Jauron did with the Bears when they were fired.

I like Lovie, great guy - not so great HC - should go back to a DC position where he could do really well (like Del Rio has) - clueless as a HC though.

pfffttt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberBiscuit View Post
    Sanity check; Smith has been regularly out-coached by Belichick, even moreso than McCarthy has. I would think the Bills have had enough of the Bears coaching cast-offs to date - but that said, it wouldn't surprise me to see him end up in Buffalo. In which case, Buffalo will enjoy a bridesmaid decent defense for some time to come with their current player core - and as inefficient and probably worse offense than they already have, if Smith holds true to form. The Bears offense has gone from ranking 20th under Wannstedt to 23rd under Jauron to 26th under Smith - just a heads up, and Smith had a much longer tenure to turn that around than either of those other two previous coaches.

In a Goodell/Offensive oriented league... you have to be able to score points to win championships, that's why Lovie was let go to begin with - he had his shot at installing an offensive scheme (many of them) and muffed it. Not to mention his teams made 1 postseason appearance in the last 6 - same as what Wannstedt/Jauron did with the Bears when they were fired.

I like Lovie, great guy - not so great HC - should go back to a DC position where he could do really well (like Del Rio has) - clueless as a HC though.
    I'm not saying he would turn the Bills into a great offense. The Bills don't have the QB to do that, so I don't care about the offense for another 2-3 years to develop a QB.

I want to see the players on the defense live up to their potential. I want to see Tom Brady knocked down every play in their two games a year. I want to see Sanchez turning over the ball even more than he has this year.

If they could get him to be the D coordinator instead of the head coach, that's fine. I'd rather have him be the HC though and get a great O coordinator/playcaller.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    This doesn't make me happy. Lovie isn't the problem. He was the defensive coach, he didn't worry about the offense. The defense was average at worst throughout his tenure. They never got an offensive coordinator fit our players.

I really don't care either way, but firing Lovie wasn't the right thing to do
    And that's not a problem? He's the head coach, not the defensive coordinator.

I think Lovie is a solid HC, but anytime you make the playoffs in a 6 year span as many times as the Lions did you deserve to be fired.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    And that's not a problem? He's the head coach, not the defensive coordinator.

I think Lovie is a solid HC, but anytime you make the playoffs in a 6 year span as many times as the Lions did you deserve to be fired.
    This.

vCash
    Just heard the bears asked to talk to bruce arians.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberBiscuit View Post

A bit extreme. You don't go 81-63 being clueless as a HC.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516