Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Excuse My Language, But I Need Help Giants Fans!

Alright, Dodger fan over here.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with our teams.

Can any of you suggest where to stay in San Francisco?

Elementary friends are visiting the US and I feel like taking them to at least SF after San Diego and Vegas. I've already booked for the latter cities, but I still yet for SF.

I'm thinking of taking them to at least the typical tourist spots such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard, Fisherman's Wharf, etc. I hope to stay somewhere close to these areas. I'm doing all the driving . Planning to stay max of 2 days, maybe even just one night.

I'm thinking about getting a hotel at Fisherman's Wharf so we can just walk to the pier and such to avoid afternoon parking fees. However, most hotels charges you almost twice as much as lot parking fees per night.

Also, any suggestions where to go and hang out at night is appreciated. You can also add where to eat as well.

All of us are 23, but one couple is bringing their first child.

Any suggestions will be heard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Handlery Union Square, great price, great centralized location. And free parking.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Gotta check out AT&T . Alcatraz is a big tourist attraction. Also the RocketBoat on the Bay seems like it would be fun. Never done it though.

http://www.blueandgoldfleet.com/rocketboat/

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Handlery Union Square, great price, great centralized location. And free parking.
    Its the only place Tony Bruno stays

vCash
    Go to the top of Mt. Tamalpais, you get to see the beautiful Marin county and a lot of the bay area. It's cheap, like 7 dollars for parking, and includes a small hike. I realize that didn't answer your question, but I ****ing love me some Mt. Tam.

vCash
    Go to nick's lighthouse on pier 39, it's a seafood restaurant that one of my cousin's own, great food.
    Last edited by BadnewzNiners; 01-08-2013 at 04:47 AM.

vCash
    Having worked in the Wharf for many years in my high school and college years, I have a pretty good feel for the hotels there. In true sports fashion, here is my ranking of the hotels in the area based on price, location and accommodations:

1) Courtyard (Marriott)

In terms of price, its right in the middle of the pack for the area, but this puts you right at the heart of the Wharf. Its part of the Anchorage and puts you steps away from the main Wharf area, Ghiradelli Square, cable car turn-around and Pier 39. 1/4 of a block away is The Cannery. Its the most convenient location of all the hotels, but we're talking a block or two.

2) Argonaut, Kimpton

This is #2 because its just a nice hotel on the high end side. Its a block away from the Courtyard and right across the street from the cable car turn around. A block away from Ghiradelli Square as well. It puts you at the end of the Wharf with a nice pleasant walk along shops to Pier 39. Beware that this would cost you twice as much as the Courtyard and most other hotels, but who knows? I don't know if you're a baller or not. I certainly couldn't afford to stay there, but have had friends from out of town that did and was impressed by their basic room. We're talking $300+ a night, depending on the day. With the brick, it gives you a great San Francisco and surrounding experience.

3) Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf

Another middle of the pack hotel in terms of price and puts you close to the action. You'd be in the between Pier 39 and Ghiradelli Square (closer to the Pier). Nice clean rooms.

4) Best Western Plus Tuscan Inn

Excellent accommodations, but still on the busy North Point Street. This puts you closer to Pier 39 than any of the other hotels. Price wise, its above average.

5) The Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf

A nice hotel for the price, but its on a street with lots of traffic (North Point Street). Close by another cable car turn around, but its a sketchy area near the projects. You'd be 2 blocks away from all the action and shops.
    Last edited by WestCoastSportz; 01-08-2013 at 01:35 PM.

vCash
    I would go with the Courtyard Marriott. Enjoy your time in SF.