Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Smile 4-3 Defense would help a ton next year.

Lot of people disagree with this. But watching the chiefs 3-4 defense has been painful. First of our nose tackle play is still pathetic. Our DT could stop the run as there supposed to but they still dont get any pressure at all on the QBS. The 4-3 defense would make a lot more sense next season, especially with a new coach and new scheme(we all will agree thats the start we need to the offseason). Dontari Poe would be going back to his college position and we will need him as i expect Jackson Will be cut and Dorsey might not be resigned(I think he actually would play much better at a 4-3 DT tackle anyways). This would also allow Johnson to move to the outside for extra pass rush when needed and I think Berry would be used a lot more in the box. Ive been preaching this for years and while i know we need a QB that linebacker from Notre Dame would look pretty good in the middle of that 4-3 D. Also getting him means we could move down for extra picks and maybe move up for a second 1st rounder(maybe a QB). Well this makes sense to me. I'd like to hear you thoughts. Remember people we are last overall i doubt we can fix everything in one year but this would make us a lot better to start.

vCash

And....

I forgot to mention the most important part. Hali and Houston wont have to cover much and can get more pressures from the DE positions. Both are pretty terrible when they have to drop back and cover(although Houston has improved a ton) Both are natural DE and played there previously.

vCash
    Actually Houston never played it after HS...Georgia ran a 3-4 D the entire time he was there, thats why he was such a natural fit, and hes one of the better coverage LBs in the league..Hali is terrible in coverage.

We also know Hali isnt nearly as effective as a 4-3 DE...we watched him across from Allen..after Allen...not so much.

I think it makes sense on paper, but the actual production wouldnt be there I dont think..Berry needs to play in the box more..hes a ****ing horrendous coverage safety..

vCash
    Gotta disagree while he's playing much better I think it would be better to have him rush the passer more and with 10 sacks and having to cover quite a bit I think the sky's the limit. Also putting Hali as de means he will rarely cover hiding his biggest weakness. He's also a much better pass rusher then he was in the Allen days. Although this year all around has been a hightmare. Berry coverage has been awful but I'm blaming that on the knee and hopefully next year he can regain that pro bowl form. Gotta say the 4 3 is the way to go. Dontari and Shaun smith would be much more effective then our team that has had little pash rush over the last three seasons . It will allow much more in the way of blitzes also. Next up secondary help.

vCash
    I think it matters who the next head coach will be. I prefer the 3-4 since most of our guys having been playing in it for several years now, but I wouldn't mind seeing a switch.