Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombardi24 View Post
    ~
    Maybe but it is also the way Finely has conducted himself at times that gets Packer fans on his case.
    ~
    I get it. But when Finley´s agent made the stupid comments, almost everybody said that it was Finley´s opinion. Now it´s just Greg´s sister. Double standard and I don´t like it.

at least Finley´s been playing well. although nobody really talks about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Yes you can use the franchise tag again and pay him probably over 11 million the next year. The bottom line is that they can't pay that and keep other players and stay under the salary cap. A multi year deal with a signing bonus allows the team to spread the bonus over the term of the contract or until they release the player. It allows teams to put off paying until the cap is likely to be higher. The Packers don't have much cap room in 2013 and they have several players to sign. The 10 million wide receiver franchise tag would break the bank.
    its not about paying him the tag, its about leverage. with the tag in plac,e if a team really doesnt want to lose a guy, they won't. so jennings can say he wont play under the tag or ask for the moon, but if the packers tag him, they have literally all the leverage since i doubt sitting out is a relaistic option for jennings.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbum9786 View Post
    yeah she is stupid but i feel ashamed of some packers fans if you can call them that they were ripping gj for the **** his sister said. I thought it was wrong when people ripped finley for what his agent said and i think it is crap that these so called fans go after greg
    x2
    The Bottle was Dusty but the Liquor was Clean

vCash
    quit commenting on this my god its stupid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dudejcb View Post
    x2
    It was horrible one guy told GJ "your sister is a stupid f------ b----"
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 49
    Assist Tackles: 15
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 5
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    People are horrible. Nothing new.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    People are horrible. Nothing new.
    Yeah but these were so called packers fans i'd expect it from an eagles or raiders fan but we are supposed to have the best fans in the league
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 49
    Assist Tackles: 15
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 5
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Yeah I saw that, completely uncalled for. That type of stuff is what drive players away from wanting to play or stay here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    its not about paying him the tag, its about leverage. with the tag in plac,e if a team really doesnt want to lose a guy, they won't. so jennings can say he wont play under the tag or ask for the moon, but if the packers tag him, they have literally all the leverage since i doubt sitting out is a relaistic option for jennings.
    If the Packers tag him, they have to pay him what the league has set the tag at. That won't allow the Packers to sign other players to keep them. The Packers only have $7.5 million in cap space in 2013 without Jennings. If they tag Jennings, they have to pay him $10 million so they would have to get rid of $2.5 million in contracts so no money for Rodgers, Matthews, Raji or any rookies. Jennings has the leverage!

vCash
    If the Packers tag him, they have to pay him what the league has set the tag at. That won't allow the Packers to sign other players to keep them. The Packers only have $7.5 million in cap space in 2013 without Jennings. If they tag Jennings, they have to pay him $10 million so they would have to get rid of $2.5 million in contracts so no money for Rodgers, Matthews, Raji or any rookies. Jennings has the leverage!
    We have plenty of contracts we can/will unload IMO FWIW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    I get it. But when Finley´s agent made the stupid comments, almost everybody said that it was Finley´s opinion. Now it´s just Greg´s sister. Double standard and I don´t like it.

at least Finley´s been playing well. although nobody really talks about it.
    Yeah, definitely. It'd kill people to admit it though.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Yeah, definitely. It'd kill people to admit it though.
    But if he drops one, he's the worst. Fortunately, no other receivers has drops

vCash
    unless he signs an extension, which i think he would be more open to doing if he was tagged becuase no one wnats to play under the tag because it is not guaranteed.

jennings has no leverage what so ever with the tag. he can't sign any where else, use other teams to up the dollar or make any decision outside of signing. he's not going to take 10 mil unguaranteed money with his injury history and play, and if he doesnt sign the tender we own his rights and he doesn't get paid
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    unless he signs an extension, which i think he would be more open to doing if he was tagged becuase no one wnats to play under the tag because it is not guaranteed.

jennings has no leverage what so ever with the tag. he can't sign any where else, use other teams to up the dollar or make any decision outside of signing. he's not going to take 10 mil unguaranteed money with his injury history and play, and if he doesnt sign the tender we own his rights and he doesn't get paid
    The only way we wouldn't have to pay Jennings is if we cut him. Then anybody can sign him and we get nothing. This same discussion went on last season with Flynn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    Wow, really? I think if you polled the NFL fans 80% would disagree with this statement.
    Same goes for Javon Walker back in the day...80% of fns/coaches would have said he was a #1...but it was the system that made him a #1.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345