Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeh89 View Post
    Greg Jennings is a #1 WR in our system but isnt even a #2 in any other system...he's just another Javon Walker IMO. Let him leave and no one will ever hear his name again except in the overpaid bust FA.
    GJ sis can get bent. Yes, he will likely go to a lesser team for more money and not be the same, but he is a #1 on pretty much any other team. That is the typical course of these athletes. It's what I don't understand. I get that they all want to be "The" #1 receiver and get top money, but they never go to a place with a better team or better QB. Would James Jones have had the year he had on one of the teams he was rumored to sign with....no.

GJ has been a stand up guy his entire career here. I would love him to stay but understand the business side. This is why there can't be any dynasties anymore bc the cap makes it impossible to keep guys. Hopefully he understands how good he has it here with a great QB and offense and take less money to stay, but that won't happen.

Sorry, I got long winded !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahari Kavi View Post
    Raji has been really good as of late, but if it came down to he or Jennings, I'm choosing the latter.....Jennings allows us to do so much offensively when he's in there.....I honestly believe that if you keep Rodgers together with these guys that you will contend every year..............
    Wow I could never get on board with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeh89 View Post
    Greg Jennings is a #1 WR in our system but isnt even a #2 in any other system...he's just another Javon Walker IMO. Let him leave and no one will ever hear his name again except in the overpaid bust FA.
    Wow, really? I think if you polled the NFL fans 80% would disagree with this statement.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    Wow, really? I think if you polled the NFL fans 80% would disagree with this statement.
    I've always said he was the best #2 WR in the league.

Definitely AT LEAST a #2. He was the definition of a #1 a decade or maybe a bit more ago. That mold is starting to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Definitely AT LEAST a #2. He was the definition of a #1 a decade or maybe a bit more ago. That mold is starting to change.
    right. is there even a so-called #1 in the Packers system. They are so inter-changable it is crazy. Playing in different spots all the time, its what makes their offense good. It could be the same play but just with different personel, which can throw off the defense

vCash
    WOW is this Chick a ****** or what......................
    ~
    Aaron Rodgers come on u had GJ for the TD twice. Get him the����������geez!!!!!"
    ~
    Why was that ball under thrown like that, he was wide open make the throw for the receiver!!! Geeez!!"
    ~
    My God Aaron Rodgers holds the ball forever! GJ was wide open 5x for that touchdown! Goodness he acts like he doesn't want to throw to him��"
    ~
    GJ is the only receiver that has to jump in the air with both hands up to get the ��!!! It's ridiculous I pray he departs GB ASAP!"
    ~
    Aaron Rodgers smh! Had him in the slot wide open no one even covered him! Where is Peyton Manning when u need him! This is utterly pathetic"
    ~
    Then she started tweeting at Jennings' wife Nicole.
    ~
    "@Da_mrs_85 Eb, Cortney, and Jahlin. We are hot Mad! I've never seen a star receiver ever go through this smh! @GregJennings needs to bounce��"
    ~
    It is so obvious that @GregJennings is being blatantly ignored by ARod. Maybe @ halftime GJ should put on #18 then ARod will force �� to him!"
    Who can make a play @GregJennings can! He's the best freakin receiver these clowns got! Now take your talents to south beach & get paid!����"
    ~
    @GregJennings ball out so you can leave this team! They will miss u when your gone! It's all good bye packers! Cheap team, can't afford him"
    ~
    @Da_mrs_85 I don't freakin care he should have more catches, if this idiot could see the coverage!!�� Then he holds on to the ball & fumbles!"
    ~
    ARod is the most overrated QB in the league! He is no where near Peyton or Brady! It sickens me, Peyton would avg. 5 TD with this squad!!!"
    ~
    Jennings, who is a free agent this offseason, missed a significant amount of the season due to a groin injury and found his role diminished when he returned due to the emergence of Randall Cobb, the "#18" she references above. Valyncia continued to defend her opinion to angry Packers fans, who continued to point out that Greg Jennings had been targeted 12 times heading into the final minute of regulation.
    Last edited by Lombardi24; 01-02-2013 at 06:02 PM.

vCash
    Yeah she is stupid but I feel ashamed of some packers fans if you can call them that they were ripping GJ for the **** his sister said. I thought it was wrong when people ripped Finley for what his agent said and I think it is crap that these so called fans go after Greg
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahari Kavi View Post
    Raji has been really good as of late, but if it came down to he or Jennings, I'm choosing the latter.....Jennings allows us to do so much offensively when he's in there.....I honestly believe that if you keep Rodgers together with these guys that you will contend every year..............
    No way. I won't be a dick. But for numerous reasons, no way

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    no it's not. he can also be tagged the following year if he plays under the frnachise tag
    Yes you can use the franchise tag again and pay him probably over 11 million the next year. The bottom line is that they can't pay that and keep other players and stay under the salary cap. A multi year deal with a signing bonus allows the team to spread the bonus over the term of the contract or until they release the player. It allows teams to put off paying until the cap is likely to be higher. The Packers don't have much cap room in 2013 and they have several players to sign. The 10 million wide receiver franchise tag would break the bank.

vCash
    Every year I try to make a bold, offseason prediction. This year I'm predicting Jennings will sign with the Vikings. Yes...those Vikings...the ones we play this weekend.

He's expendable when you look at the contracts on the horizon (Raji, Matthews, and Rodgers).

As for Jennings sister? She just proves how uneducated she is not understanding what a celebrity sibling brings to the table. You don't post tweets like that when they can be scrutinized. Plus, her football knowledge is pretty worthless to.

Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I've always said he was the best #2 WR in the league.

Really?
    Can you make a list of teams that you don't think he'd be a number one on?
    The guy is a top 10 WR IMO.
    Last edited by XJW18; 01-03-2013 at 02:12 AM.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    Sounds like shes getting part of the check or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Yeah she is stupid but I feel ashamed of some packers fans if you can call them that they were ripping GJ for the **** his sister said. I thought it was wrong when people ripped Finley for what his agent said and I think it is crap that these so called fans go after Greg
    I agree. I don't really think Greg should be scrutinized for something his sister said. Greg seems like a real professional and he realizes it's a business. I would be very surprised if we heard some major backlash from Greg next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I agree. I don't really think Greg should be scrutinized for something his sister said. Greg seems like a real professional and he realizes it's a business. I would be very surprised if we heard some major backlash from Greg next year.
    But isnīt there a double standard with Finley and his agent?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    But isnīt there a double standard with Finley and his agent?
    ~
    Maybe but it is also the way Finely has conducted himself at times that gets Packer fans on his case.
    ~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast