Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Janesville, WI
    Posts
    5,948
    vCash
    1500
    Kind of curious though ... How is Aaron Rodgers ignoring Greg Jennings but yet Jennings exploded last night?

    ~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    1500
    If Jennings leaves, I hope he goes to a team with a good quarterback so we get a high compensatory pick the following year. I don't want to see Jennings play for somebody like Blaine Gabbert and get 57 receptions, 651 yards and 6 touchdowns when he's capable of 100, 1,000 and 10 at the least.

    Jennings has been a good Packer throughout his career and he (not counting his sister) has never done anything that hasn't been exemplary of a good player on and off the field.

    He was a part of a lot of Packer history. Catching Favre's 421st touchdown, big plays in the Super Bowl victory, pro bowls, memorable moments like the Denver overtime game. I really like Greg Jennings. I hope there's a way we keep him. If not, I will continue to root for him, and I don't think the Packer offense will miss much of a beat without him.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,182
    vCash
    1500
    I was all for just letting Jennings walk, but he looked better than usual yesterday. Well, he probably is playing hard for his upcoming "payday". If this is Jennings last year here I would like to see us go after Keenan Allen or a different WR in the draft.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,953
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flodapack View Post
    Could you beleive some of the moves he made after the catch yesterday? Looked like defenders were going to break their ankles trying to corral him. He made them look just silly at times. He's back in probowl form I think & fresh legs. No way TT lets this talent go. Even if we have to tag him & only get to keep him 1 year.
    He seriously played one of his best games I've ever seen him play yesterday. I think he could have a HUGE playoff stretch, which hopefully makes TT franchise him.

    Our QB > Yours

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    77
    vCash
    1500
    You've seen it before with TT if a player is worth a tag and trade (Corey Williams) he's done it. I think TT Will tag Jennings and if he can get a good deal for him, he'll take it, if not try and work out an extension on his terms, and if not Jennings walks next year.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Titletown U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,036
    vCash
    1500
    *****es just need to keep their nose out of football.

    Might not be PC but it's true.
    Apologize

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16,355
    vCash
    1500
    Peyton Manning and Tom Brady wouldn't have finished the season behind this offensive line.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    Peyton Manning and Tom Brady wouldn't have finished the season behind this offensive line.
    Yes they would have. When the pressure is on either of them, they fall down. Aaron Rodgers tries to get out of definite blitzes. When either Brady or Manning has a guy closing in on them, they collapse. I've seen both of them do that so many times it's not even funny. So they would have finished the season, but they'd have been sacked about 70 times.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Henderson,NV
    Posts
    244
    vCash
    1500
    These personal attacks on AR by a bunch nobodies like his sister make me sick ever since the draft AR has had to prove hia worth against stupid people like ( brett Favre) and the media, leave the man alone he is the best!!!!!"

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,755
    vCash
    1500
    All I can say is that we have the best qb in the league. I'm sure Jennings agrees too. However, his money greedy sister just wants to not work, get free money, and live where it's not cold.

    Best thing Jennings could do is to stay in Green Bay to spite her ***, lol.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,169
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Why Would they do that he already said he is willing to return but not under the franchise tag. If he is tagged he will be traded. I'm hoping he lands with Miami to help out Joe develop the phins. Only a few other places I could stomach to see him there. Miami is really the ideal fit so Jennings sisters not too far off.
    Once again, it's against league rules to tag and trade a player. If the Packers do use the franchise tag on him, Jennings automatically gets the average of the top five receiver salaries next season and is a free agent after that.

    Rumors are that Jennings wants a long term deal with a large signing bonus which is why he hasn't already been signed. The guaranteed money can cripple a team if the player suffers a career ending injury early in the term. I'm sure the Packers would like to pay Jennings and all of the other players, but there's only so much money allowed with the salary cap.

    Edit; Looks like the Franchise tag for a wide receiver will cost $10.4 million in 2013 so even if they could tag and trade, the team who takes him has to take over that salary in the deal. Pretty much the same money as Flynn last year. IMO , the Packers will either sign him to a long term deal or let him walk. Most likely is he walks.
    Last edited by Think; 01-01-2013 at 12:27 PM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Once again, it's against league rules to tag and trade a player. If the Packers do use the franchise tag on him, Jennings automatically gets the average of the top five receiver salaries next season and is a free agent after that.

    Rumors are that Jennings wants a long term deal with a large signing bonus which is why he hasn't already been signed. The guaranteed money can cripple a team if the player suffers a career ending injury early in the term. I'm sure the Packers would like to pay Jennings and all of the other players, but there's only so much money allowed with the salary cap.

    Edit; Looks like the Franchise tag for a wide receiver will cost $10.4 million in 2013 so even if they could tag and trade, the team who takes him has to take over that salary in the deal. Pretty much the same money as Flynn last year. IMO , the Packers will either sign him to a long term deal or let him walk. Most likely is he walks.
    no it's not. he can also be tagged the following year if he plays under the frnachise tag
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


  13. #43
    Dcup's Avatar
    Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    6,260
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaAJ View Post
    We should absolutely pay Greg Jennings it's a huge mistake to let him walk.
    I don't know that it's a huge mistake, but my gut says it will be a mistake not to bring him back.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Why Would they do that he already said he is willing to return but not under the franchise tag. If he is tagged he will be traded. I'm hoping he lands with Miami to help out Joe develop the phins. Only a few other places I could stomach to see him there. Miami is really the ideal fit so Jennings sisters not too far off.
    Agreed. Let him go to Miami if we can't get him resigned so he can stay FAR away from GB.

    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    let me ask this... if we get rid of Saturday and Finley does that leave enough room for the tag on Jennings? I honestly don't know
    Yes, but barely. The article below pretty much sums it up. Woodson, Pickett, Saturday and Finley could all be cap casualties. It's going to be difficult to re-sign Jennings even on the franchise tag and still be able to pay CMIII 12-15 million, ARod 15-20 million and Raji 8-10 million. The even ******** part? All three are represented by the same agent...

    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...170795046.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahari Kavi View Post
    yeah I saw this yesterday during the game, lol....I want Greg to stay, but those tweets...lmao....on a lighter note, she is kinda cute.....
    Pic?
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    110
    vCash
    1500
    Greg Jennings is a #1 WR in our system but isnt even a #2 in any other system...he's just another Javon Walker IMO. Let him leave and no one will ever hear his name again except in the overpaid bust FA.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,953
    vCash
    1500
    Your crazy Mike. You could make a case for James Jones..not Jennings

    Our QB > Yours

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •