Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,847
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboys8 View Post
    All of these get rid of Romo guys. Two questions, who comes in to replace? Since you want Romo gone then you will be happy with complete rebuild then? Without Romo last nights game was a 1pm game cuz we have no shot at nfc east title. There is no andrew luck in draftso tell me who puts us in playoffs next year?
    That IS the dilemma. But what you are reading are lots of us who finally had to accept that Romo isn't what we hoped he would be...an elite quarterback that can win the big games.

    We will probably need to keep him but I'm desperate for an heir-apparent!!!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboys8 View Post
    I cant believe some of these posts and ppl upset about last nights game. We lost. We have had same problems year after year offensive line cant block. Injuries are part of the game but I will say we did get dismantled on defense. No way we go far with all the starters out.
    The Cowboys have had good lines during Romo's career and he still hasn't got it done.

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboys8 View Post
    All of these get rid of Romo guys. Two questions, who comes in to replace? Since you want Romo gone then you will be happy with complete rebuild then? Without Romo last nights game was a 1pm game cuz we have no shot at nfc east title. There is no andrew luck in draftso tell me who puts us in playoffs next year?
    It was actually 3 questions:

    3 Answers:
    1. If you think that any QB who walks into Dallas as the starting QB would win it all then you haven't clearly analyzed this team. There are many problems that run deep in this organization, so replacing the QB fixes one area, but doesn't produce a champion.

    2. Replacing Romo does not = full rebuild. That's someone who is showing that the team is built around Romo, half the problem is the mindset of this team and it's fan base.

    3. No one person is going to put us in the post season.

    Here's why:

    (A). Romo was never the guy and we had plenty of opportunities to trade him away and yield picks in return. Imagine the return on investment we could have had if you had a GM who could see that this guy lacks the necessary intangibles needed to win in big games. We spent nothing to get him, but could have yielded at least 2 1st round picks. Jones could have been herald as a great GM. Now we're stuck with him, his stock has fallen, and he's getting paid like a Brady or a Manning.

    (B). Ratliff should have been moved to DE a long time ago which would have lengthened his career and given him more opportunities to stay healthy, also relieving some pressure of Ware thus keeping Ware healthier. Now we'll probably cut Ratliff and yield nothing in return. When he's cut we'll have another hole to fill because we expected results from Ratliff.

    (C). How many draft picks has Jerry traded over the years? How many of those traded picks could have been parlayed into more contributors?

    (D). Rob Ryan and Garrett were both overrated. Jerry thought he could get Rex Ryan defense with Rob Ryan.

    (E). How many bad contracts has Dallas handed out and what kind of financial woe's face Dallas?

    (F). We missed 2 consecutive drafts with Defensive Line heaviness because Jones believed our defensive front was fine.

    (G). We passed on a Carl Nicks, yet paid 2 guards the salary as Nicks.

    (H). Coaches like Gruden, Cowher, Carroll, and Fisher could have been had at any time if Jones would have given them GM duties, but instead he opted for a coach in which he could control.

    (I). Jerry has an ego the size of Texas itself. He saw success in New England with an under the radar QB in Tom Brady and thought to himself, "Hey I can do that too, hell i can do one better, i can get an undrafted QB and turn him into a Super Bowl champion" - The problem is he didn't create a scouting department like New England, didn't hire a coach like New England, and didn't get the necessary pieces around him like New England.

    (J). Jerry thought he only needed Ware as a defensive pass rush and failed to give him help, thus putting all the pressure and punishment on one man.

    (K). Jerry saw Rex Ryan's defensive success and thought to himself "Oh I can do that, I'm going to sign his under achieving brother and get better results".

    (L). How many times has Jerry not used the entire draft to find players?

    (M). So many fans see Jones make good 1st or 2nd round draft selections (not that difficult), sign some free agents, sign a few coaches here or there, promise the media, stand behind his players, and they blindly drink the koolaid. He's not a football minded guy, he's never been, yet so many people have faith that he knows what he's doing.

    I realize i could spell out the alphabet with examples, but i think you've gotten my point.

    If the fans truly want change they have to realize that the answer to the problem starts with them. They have to be willing to step away in the short term. The fans have to be willing to stop buying and contributing to the Dallas Cowboys organization. You have to stop showing Jerry that you're going to buy his product. Hitting a business man in his wallet is the only way to get his attention because that's the only focus and priority he has.

    So stop watching, stop buying the merch, stop attending the games, picket and protest, and refuse to accept anything less than excellence. If the fans don't do this then they have absolutely ZERO reason to complain.
    Last edited by thedon01; 12-31-2012 at 02:57 PM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    500
    vCash
    1500
    as far as the good lines,im sorry during those good lines years i dont remember him playing defense. Our D has been horrible for years mainly the secondary. We upgraded alittle bit and have gotten better. There are too many coulda,shoulda and IF we did this If we woulda done that,gimme a break. Injuries killed our season this year and if you dont realize that then u are not watching. Is Romo "elite" no but cmon brady/manning only "elite" to many but to me Brady only elite. Manning produces big numbers but 1 championship. The term "elite" is what these bandwagon week to week so called analysts on tv like to throw around. Romo is a solid QB. Fact is you either like him or dont. Aikman was my favorite but we dont have emmitt smith,olines and #1 D's. Most important Jimmy Johnson. Danny White was a solid QB but is labeled in the catorgory as Romo cuz he hasnt won a SB. Romo didnt play D last night unless i missed him at LB. He doesnt call the plays. Whats funny to me is ''IF'' we won the game these coulda,shoulda and IF WE woulda done this posts wouldnt be here until we lost in the playoffs. Now i agree Jerry is horrible but face facts it or he wont change and to say stop buying things is very very funny. I agree we need a coach and we quick to give big contracts but so does every team. They all have regrets and if they had crystal balls like some of us appear to do we would go undefeated every year.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    Excuses excuses excuses.

    1. Don't mistake me for the group of people you're talking about. I've never been a Romo guy and never will. I've been in the minority for years. I've been one of few who has even criticized and not had faith when Romo has played well.

    2. Injuries are part of the game. The Packers won 2 years ago with a banged up team. It's not an excuse, it's part of management.

    3. Romo has had plenty of players around him, Marino did, Favre did, and they all missed their opportunities.

    4. You talk about Shoulda Woulda Coulda yet in the exact the same sentence you say injuries killed our season, so if the injuries didn't happen we "WOULDA" been better.

    5. Romo threw 3 INT's. I didn't see Demarcus Ware passing the ball. Do you watch the game? The TD Romo threw to Witten shouldn't have even counted and God it was awful. INT's came from trying to do too much like squeezing a ball where it doesn't belong, throwing off the back foot, etc. These are rookie mistakes that a 32 year old multi million dollar earning "solid/great/elite/top 10, whatever synonym you want to use Quarterback shouldn't be making. Noticing these problems is what separates an arm chair fan from the rest and an arm chair scouting department/GM from a football minded guy.

    6. You call it very very funny yet what's funny is that you keep doing the same thing year after year and expect different results:

    Einstein "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results"

    King Solomon "As a dog returns to his vomit so does a fool repeat his folly"

    If you want change then stop buying the product. You can't buy the product, put the money in the owners hands and expect him to say "i want to change something that's making me profitable". - That's what's funny.

    If you don't stop buying the product you have no one to blame but yourself. It's like touching an open flame and burning yourself. Then continue to do the same thing over and over again. Who's to blame? The flame? The wind? The guy down the street who didn't stop you?
    Last edited by thedon01; 12-31-2012 at 03:45 PM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    500
    vCash
    1500
    Again all ihear is a bunch of blah. This is very entertaining. You can quote whom ever you would like it wont impress me a bit. Its a team game plain and simple. We dont block,catch,run thee right routes and,tackle etc. Injuries did kill our season and im convinced you are the guy who waits for the pregame and post game shows to then make these statements. You made my point YOU dont like Romo and cant wait to point the finger very very funny. Please keep the quotes i love them. Can you even accept we lost? Fact is we have an average team and a poor coaching staff. Defense is not that good. Better in areas but getting older as well. This team will be in rebuild mode very soon. I will buy my tickets and jerseys but that being a reason why we losing is a new one and i love it.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    In all honesty I could care less what impresses you, just honesty

    You disregard facts so why even debate?

    The Packers won with a banged up team 2 years ago, they didn't use the excuse of injuries. People who use excuses as a way to defend their position are naive. Injuries aren't new to the sport, you have to build your team around this possibility.

    Everything you blamed was everything but the passer. So the 3 interceptions have all the blame on everyone but the guy throwing the ball where he shouldn't? Ironically the guy that threw the ball even went on national television and said he was to blame, yet you don't blame him? Naive maybe? Blind or deaf maybe?

    You know nothing about me. just ask around, you'll find many people in here that know I've never been a Romo fan, but not once have I ever put "ALL" the blame on the guy. You should mature a little before you start throwing out accusations.

    Do you proofread before you post? you say
    injuries killed this team
    , then say
    Fact is we have an average team and a poor coaching staff. Defense is not that good. Better in areas but getting older as well.
    .

    Yet injuries are what caused this team to lose in your opinion. You contradict yourself left and right which dilutes any point your trying to make.

    FYI when a person says "it's funny, i'm laughing" it's only another example of immaturity and inability to have a civil debate when they've been faced with facts they can't refute.

    Everything else when it comes to understanding your sentence structure and or trying to comprehend what point your trying to make is beyond me.

    You keep buying the jerseys and the tickets and expecting a different result is your fault. The NFL is a business. Owners own teams because they want to make a profit. Profits come from sales. Are you following along so far? Sales come from fans. If the fans stop buying, hell just for a week, the owner will see the numbers (profits) drop and will be forced to do something to please the consumers (fans). Don't you understand basic business, basic economics?

    The consumer always has the power; the problem is the consumers refuse to bind together and stop contributing. They put all the power in the owner. The same could be said in government. The theory remains the same, and it's remained the same for millenniums. If you want change you have to realize that the only way to change this team is for the fans to stop buying the product, thus forcing the owner to make changes to please the fans.
    Last edited by thedon01; 12-31-2012 at 04:43 PM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    500
    vCash
    1500
    Keep it coming. Nfl live is on soon dont miss it. injuries are part but Gb injuries are not in the same catagory as ours. Our D is average and since u seem to like stats and stuff like that our D was a lot better before the injury bug hit us. We run a 3-4 AND HAD 1 Healthy LB. Coleman is better than spears and Church had to be better than who we had back there. Romo does deserve blame i will repeat ROMO DOES DESERVE BLAME but any Qb will struggle w/less than average o line. I would also argue Murray is better than Felix too. As for who likes you is not important but it seems like you need that for your rep. FACT all you have is an opinion and nothing more,Fact all i have is an opinion but difference is I accept my is an opinion to where you think yours are FACTS and nothing more. You are not a player,GM or owner and if you were as good as you think you wouldnt be hanging out on a forum you would be in a front office. As a fan i hope we will do better and no matter who is coaching,playing i will watch cheer buy tickets etc.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    500
    vCash
    1500
    Jason Garrett will not be fired but will hire a off coord. which i presume norv turner. I think i will still but jerserys.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    I can't understand your English and you clearly live in a bubble. You're entitled to your opinion, but all the "FACT" statements are absurd. I'm glad you point out things like rep, not being a player or a GM, but how does any of that negate my intelligence on the subject or is that another immature accusation you like to throw out as a FACT in the bubble of reality you so enjoy to embrace? It's obvious you disregard facts, laugh, accuse, negate reasoning, and object to anything that isn't your superior opinion thus resulting in absolutely irrelevant discussions. Remember you were the one who chose to curb this discussion to personal accusations, sarcasm, and insults.

    You can argue all the so called points you want, but the validity of anything you say fell out the window about 8 posts ago when you entered this thread trying to emphasize your superiority.
    Last edited by thedon01; 12-31-2012 at 05:39 PM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    I apologize for getting the subject off track for anyone who was trying to have actual debates.

    the offensive line problems i hear about stem from their inability to stop a blitz. Wake up people. there's a ton of ways to beat a blitz from hot reads, audibles, screens and shovel, and draws. I'm so tired of hearing about offensive line problems being the reason why Romo can't win.
    Last edited by thedon01; 12-31-2012 at 08:40 PM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    500
    vCash
    1500
    Its hard to play QB when you cant even take a 3 step drop. Clean house or enter next season with same team.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,771
    vCash
    1500
    1. resign romo to a long term extension.
    2. cut free.
    3. let jenkins walk.
    4. resign spencer.
    5. hire norv turner has O.C. ( not because i dont like garrett, or think garrett did anything wrong, but because i think thats to much for any head coach, and i love turner)
    6. let everyone get healthy.
    7. let the young players we have, continue to get older and improve. tyron smith, dez, claiborne, lee, carter, all very young, and age and experience alone they should be better next year.
    8. get healthy. no team could survive the injuries we had. no one.
    9. sign some more quality players. add depth. we dont need the best free agent out there. just someone to help out.
    10. draft well. lets get some offensive, and defensive lineman.

    do not cut scandrick. do not cut livings.

    vs. washigton they gashed us. i think, if either carter, or lee was healthy, that would not have happened, totally diffrent ballgame.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Northport Long Island NY
    Posts
    24,810
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    1. resign romo to a long term extension.
    2. cut free.
    3. let jenkins walk.
    4. resign spencer.
    5. hire norv turner has O.C. ( not because i dont like garrett, or think garrett did anything wrong, but because i think thats to much for any head coach, and i love turner)
    6. let everyone get healthy.
    7. let the young players we have, continue to get older and improve. tyron smith, dez, claiborne, lee, carter, all very young, and age and experience alone they should be better next year.
    8. get healthy. no team could survive the injuries we had. no one.
    9. sign some more quality players. add depth. we dont need the best free agent out there. just someone to help out.
    10. draft well. lets get some offensive, and defensive lineman.

    do not cut scandrick. do not cut livings.

    vs. washigton they gashed us. i think, if either carter, or lee was healthy, that would not have happened, totally diffrent ballgame.
    let him earn it but agree otherwise

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,771
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    let him earn it but agree otherwise
    get him while his stock is low.. otherwise, we will be trying to make a deal with a league mvp/superbowl mvp...

    cost us waaaay more money then..

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,309
    vCash
    1500
    Why don't we just save everyone's time and skip all of those steps and say get a way better GM.... we can cut every one that we feel disappointed in, but we don't really have that football mastermind that can put it all together and come up with SOLUTIONS. Everyone in the stadium knows what's wrong with this team, but what we really need is a mastermind to put it all together. The Redskins were in the toilet. Shanahan comes to town and they go from 3-6 to capturing the division. If we had a Bellichek type that was calling the shots then I would have faith in scrapping the team....but it might just be another one of Jerry's shuffling for shuffling's sake like that Roy Williams deal that let's face it we've been paying for years to come. Probably could have had 3 studs with what we gave up....and another set of studs that we gave away in the Galloway deal....or those many misses when we traded down for players that aren't even on the team anymore.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •