Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Short/Long term plan

Short term:

Bring in an OC. Norv comes to mind. His last coaching tenure cemented his reputation as him JUST being an OC.

Let Spencer go! He had a great season but I doubt he will be consistent in the future. I don't trust him long term.

I will not say get rid of anyone because financially; logically it doesn't make sense. Restructure Carr's deal and cut ties with Free.

We can't afford to go after high priced FA as most of us want.

NFL Draft

1st rd: OG Chance Warmack
    2nd rd: NT Jonathan Jenkins
    3rd rd: DE/OLB Sean Porter
    4th rd: RB Montae Ball
    5-6-BPA

2013 season:

Do not resign Romo to a long term deal and let him play out his contract. If we have another season end in the same manner in which it has consistently ended on then we have no choice but to part ways with him after the 2013 season. Upon conclusion of 2013 season if we come up short then we get rid of Garrett and rebuild. I think a change of scenery will benefit Romo and '14 will be a painful season to endure but between '14 and '15 draft there will be a QB (Manziel ''15 that may be in our grasp if '14 turns out bad 1st year post Romo era).

I'm not saying I'm not a Romo supporter but at some point if we end next season in the same manner we have to look at other options long term. Tyler Bray comes to mind in this years draft but my guess is we look another way come draft and address the QB spot.

Cap analysis:
    If everything fails next season then we won't have financial obligations to Romo or Spencer down the road and drafting Warmack, Jenkins, and Porter will replace the $ and positions of Livings, Ratliff and Spencer.. I believe in doing all this we begin to have some form of cap structure for the long haul.

Don't take this as me bashing Romo or this organization, I just wanted to take the time and offer my piece on how we should handle our team down the road and doing so logically.
    Last edited by astros1981; 12-31-2012 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    One of the problems is finances:

1. Carr is over paid. He's good, I'm glad he's here, but he's getting paid like a hall of famer. Again another example of over reaching and over paying for someone who's verdict is still undecided.

2. Romo is going to get paid big next season, how much does he cost if kept? How much does paying him lessen our flexibility? How much does it cost to cut him? It's almost impossible to trade him thus we get absolutely nothing in return. It pisses me off because at any point over the last 5 years we could have netted 2 1st round draft pick, if not more had a GM and or coach realized he wasn't the right guy.

3. Cutting many players is going to yield in a lot of dead money the following year.

4. Jones can not be trusted to use the entire draft.

5. Spencer could have been traded when his stock was decent in the past.

We're in a corner and have to accept the consequences of mismanagement and ride out the storm. If I could trust the GM i'd give some serious consideration to trading a lot of players away to yield draft picks over the next 2 seasons.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    i'd feel comfortable is if we bring in John Gruden or Bill Cowher and let them do what they need to do.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    i'd feel comfortable is if we bring in John Gruden or Bill Cowher and let them do what they need to do.
    My biggest concern with Gruden is that he won a Super Bowl with a Dungy team. And for Cowher he's been out of the league for a while, it seems like every year he's always a coaching candidate, but he's probably comfortable just staying with CBS as an analyst. And one more thing I think Cowher and Tomlin have had great success with Steelers because of one guy, D. Lebeau.

vCash
    We will probably get an OC(Norv), let Spencer walk and cut free and maybe Ratliff. After that is up to the draft and as much as I would love to do a mock right now, to
    Much will change between now and April.

We will win the east next year

vCash
    You can't disregard the ground and pound game of the Steeler's over the years that helped them win that super bowl, not run by Lebeau.

It's unfair to say Gruden, Cowher, and Tomlin have won because of someone else, but you could throw Dungy into my category of coaches too; i forgot about him.

My point is i want football players and football coaches. Not diva's, character issues, and spotlight lovers. People who live, breath, and eat football. Those 3 coaches are respected because of those exact qualities.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys123456 View Post
    We will win the east next year
    Are you serious?

"

vCash
    You can't disregard the ground and pound game of the Steeler's over the years that helped them win that super bowl, not run by Lebeau.

It's unfair to say Gruden, Cowher, and Tomlin have won because of someone else, but you could throw Dungy into my category of coaches too; i forgot about him.

My point is i want football players and football coaches. Not diva's, character issues, and spotlight lovers. People who live, breath, and eat football. Those 3 coaches are respected because of those exact qualities.
    Not trying to take anything away from Cowher and Tomlin, but Lebeau is able to give them a top 5 defense every year. I just wished Saints didn't give Payton that contract extension... He's was my #1 target if we decided to part ways with Garrett. (But he's likely to stay for at least another year) I also don't understand how Saints and Payton agree to a new contract aren't they not allow to speak until after the Super Bowl? Unless Sean Payton's agent been speaking with Tom Benson... If not then his contract could be voided again.

vCash
    Yes I am. Think about who was out or playing and really injured?

With a good draft we will be great next year. Our defense will look allot better with lee and Carter, 2nd year mo, church back.

O line could be better as well.

Romo almost threw for 5000 yards and with a healthy Murray why can't we win 11 games,

vCash
    Sean would have been a good upgrade, i agree. I have no idea what's going on with his contract, but with all the controversy that's gone on over there i wouldn't ignore the possibility for corruption with contract negotiations either.

As for Lebeau, excellent points but Cowher and Tomlin have been involved in getting Dick the proper players to create such a defense, so I think a combination of a good head coach who recognizes and brings in a staff is equally important.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys123456 View Post
    Yes I am. Think about who was out or playing and really injured?

With a good draft we will be great next year. Our defense will look allot better with lee and Carter, 2nd year mo, church back.

O line could be better as well.

Romo almost threw for 5000 yards and with a healthy Murray why can't we win 11 games,
    1. When they come back healthy they'll be 1 year older.

2. a lack of financial flexibility limits what we can do.

3. Can jones put together a solid draft?

4. What happens to people who need to be released?

5. Everyone else in the division also progresses

6. 5000 yards means nothing. Each game is it's own game. It's the every given sunday rule. Romo has had great numbers throughout his career but loses when it counts. What good are the numbers if you can't win?

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astros1981 View Post
    Short term:

Bring in an OC. Norv comes to mind. His last coaching tenure cemented his reputation as him JUST being an OC.

Let Spencer go! He had a great season but I doubt he will be consistent in the future. I don't trust him long term.

I will not say get rid of anyone because financially; logically it doesn't make sense. Restructure Carr's deal and cut ties with Free.

We can't afford to go after high priced FA as most of us want.

NFL Draft

1st rd: OG Chance Warmack
    2nd rd: NT Jonathan Jenkins
    3rd rd: DE/OLB Sean Porter
    4th rd: RB Montae Ball
    5-6-BPA

2013 season:

Do not resign Romo to a long term deal and let him play out his contract. If we have another season end in the same manner in which it has consistently ended on then we have no choice but to part ways with him after the 2013 season. Upon conclusion of 2013 season if we come up short then we get rid of Garrett and rebuild. I think a change of scenery will benefit Romo and '14 will be a painful season to endure but between '14 and '15 draft there will be a QB (Manziel ''15 that may be in our grasp if '14 turns out bad 1st year post Romo era).

I'm not saying I'm not a Romo supporter but at some point if we end next season in the same manner we have to look at other options long term. Tyler Bray comes to mind in this years draft but my guess is we look another way come draft and address the QB spot.

Cap analysis:
    If everything fails next season then we won't have financial obligations to Romo or Spencer down the road and drafting Warmack, Jenkins, and Porter will replace the $ and positions of Livings, Ratliff and Spencer.. I believe in doing all this we begin to have some form of cap structure for the long haul.

Don't take this as me bashing Romo or this organization, I just wanted to take the time and offer my piece on how we should handle our team down the road and doing so logically.
    this is a plan, your so rite about spencer and romo,please foward this to jerry jones, maybe he will learn something from you.

vCash
    1. When they come back healthy they'll be 1 year older.

2. a lack of financial flexibility limits what we can do.

3. Can jones put together a solid draft?

4. What happens to people who need to be released?

5. Everyone else in the division also progresses

6. 5000 yards means nothing. Each game is it's own game. It's the every given sunday rule. Romo has had great numbers throughout his career but loses when it counts. What good are the numbers if you can't win?
    1. Lee, carter, church, Carr, mo, ware are not old At all. Ware is in him prime
    2. Yes we can't bring in the top free agents but we won't need to. Who would u want anyways, j. Long? I don't for his asking price. We need the space to resign our players
    3. We have hit on drafts. Sure Jenkins and jones was a miss but t smith, dez, Murray, mo, lee, carter, ratliff are all drafted by us and are great players
    4 I dunno, what happened to ownens, barber, columbo? Mot much as I recall
    5. I agree but we are in the best position(skins have no 1st round pick. Eagles are a mess and the giants have more issues)
    6. Romo is a very good qb. He will lead us to great things

vCash
    Okay, you've cherry picked a few things to make your points so let me offer some counters.

1. Ratliff, Ware is getting banged up due to the negligence of building more pass rushers and a better front 3, Witten. Their older and will be 1 year older next year.

2. Yes we need space to resign players and add free agents, rewarding mediocrity and under performing players with expensive contracts handcuffs this ability. Why not Long? After his injury his price will come down. What about Vollhmer?

3. For every "hit on the draft" you said i could offer you an equal amount of examples if not more, but I'm not going to dive into that research at the moment.

4. Don't understand this point.

5. What good would the skins draft pick be if they went deep into the playoffs? Are they really losing that much? The eagles, yes, but the Giants bounce around all the time.

6. Agree with half of this statement up until the period.

"

vCash
    I think we can create some cap space.

1. Trade Miles Austin.....He hurt too much we can sign a cheaper vetern wr..I like what Ive seen from D. Harris
    2. Cut Free
    3. Try to trade ratliff doubt we could if not cut him...
    4. Try to redo contract with ware and witten to free up money..
    5. We neeed OL and DL

Carr over paid yes but that was the market is he worth money no alot player in NFL are overpaid. To me Carr played well this season with a better pass rush he will be even better.

Spencer- He had a great season but he going to want to be paid...we are going to have to let him go most likely

Norv Turner is a must to get hes a great OC and would help.

I going to thrown this out there...D Ware if we got trade offer for him that was unbelievable.....should they do it. It would free up alot of money. Dont get me wrong I love D Ware..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast