Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Another wasted season and reasons we suck again

Why do we suck alot of people wonder welll we suck because:
    1. Our starting QB can't play in a high pressure game. His interceptions kills us every time and they WERE HIS FAULT. The first one Olgretree ran a bad route but Romo should look before throwing the ball, i'm tired of seeing him throw interceptions like that. Our starting QB may be the best pure QB the cowboys franchise has ever had, but Aikman wins this game because he is a leader who can play in high pressure games.

2. Jason Garrett sucks as a coach and OC. How many games in a row will you continue to run the same plays over and over? How many games in a row will you run the same receiving routes? How many times are you going to line up Parnell outside of Smith and run the ball to that side? How many times will you refuse to throw a damn screen pass when teams blitz you up the middle everytime? How many times will you stop running the football when its working and the game is close? This guy is the most uncreative OC I have ever seen and if Jerry keeps him here we will not be in the playoffs again. 3 Seasons here and 3 times we have not been in the playoffs.

3.Free agent signings are horrible for this team. Why are we playing a defense full of bums who were sitting at home watching football on sundays? Dan Connor is a horrible athlete who has OL hips and Ol speed at LB why give him all that money? Why did we sign an OG who was a backup for a sorry team and bring him here to start? We continue to give players huge contracts before they earn it and in return they end up hurt and sucking. Free, Scandrick, Sensi

4. We are horrible in the draft on a regular basis, the draft shouldn't give us only 1 player who can play.

Fire Garrett and everybody on the staff including the training staff
    Do not resign Romo
    Cut Free, Spears, Scandrick, Sensi
    Trade Ratliff
    Resign Spencer
    Sign 2 OL that were starters and can play
    Sign quality backups
    Do not give anybody a new deal from this team
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    agreed with everything you said

vCash
    I blame probability theory and the concept of randomness for the 8 and 8 season:

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2010...ords.html#more

vCash
    Offseason changes.

1. Either fire Garrett or hire and OC.
    2. Offense: Get rid of Jones, Ogletree, Free and if anyone gives you a 2nd or 3rd I would trade Austin.
    3. Defense: Get rid of Ratliff, Conner, and Jenkins.
    4. Blacknell jumps ship for another team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Offseason changes.

1. Either fire Garrett or hire and OC.
    2. Offense: Get rid of Jones, Ogletree, Free and if anyone gives you a 2nd or 3rd I would trade Austin.
    3. Defense: Get rid of Ratliff, Conner, and Jenkins.
    4. Blacknell jumps ship for another team.
    I don't jump **** but you have to be an idiot not to see why this team sucks every season
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    I didnt see anywhere on here how we are still suffering from an incompetent GM:
    - 2009 complete draft bust. A NE style draft would have 3 or 4 good core players on team still from 09. Go through the list of Jerry's pick.
    - inexcusable for "America's Team" to have in aggregate the worst Offensive Line in FOOTBALL
    - Poor fatman D Coord Rob Ryan is hamstrung by Jerry not capable of acquiring D lineman who can pressure the QB without Blitz packages thus exposing secondary. Jerry should have built this team from the inside out on D not the other way around.
    - Jerry wasted high draft choices on Roy ****ing Williams!!! - we are still paying for this with lost opportunity for core players
    On the bright side with Garrett in the war room this team appears to have had decent drafts the last 2 years.. Let's see how this goes.

My bottom line: Romo has enough talent to "get it done" but until he does then he hasnt. Thought experiment: How many people thought (insert QB name: Eli, Dilfer, Dough Williams, Brad Johnson et al) could get it done for their respective teams before they did? By definition Romo has enough talent but has failed on the biggest stage to date. He still has a few more seasons to change this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    I don't jump **** but you have to be an idiot not to see why this team sucks every season
    I know, I'm just as upset as the rest of us. This year we were really close, not that I think we would have stood a chance againest Seattle. Can't wait to see this Defense next year with healthy players.

The coaching is terrible. At the end of the first half Washington gave Dallas a chance for a 48 yards FG attempt but no one on the punt team was smart enough to snap the ball, instead it's a 52 yard punt.

vCash
    I agree, its time to clean house and pray that JJ doesn't bring in Mike Holmgren, he is not the answer. Its time for a GM that knows what he's doing. Tony Romo is the most disappointing QB in Cowboys history and as far as being the best pure QB in Cowboys history I disagree. We've had more than one that was more pure than Romo. Miles Austin, Spears, Romo and Jenkins have to go. Come on Jerry pull your head out of your @#$ for a change and do what needs to be done!

vCash
    1. Get Norv to run the offense, keep Garrett as HC.
    2. Cut entire o-line, Conner, Sense (too slow),
    3. Draft a QB for future, a saftey, and mad o-linemen; pick up Osi for 3 mil
    4. Cut Conner,
    5. Find a real 3rd receiver.
    6. and hire the suns medical staff for Miles Austin and our defense.

vCash

Another wasted season and reasons we suck again

Our boys fought hard this season all the way to the last snap. I'm not gonna blame anyone for last nights mess because with all the injuries this team faced early on we still managed to have a meaningful game in wk 17. Even if we won the game we wouldn't have had Dez, Miles and a gimpy Ware and Spencer.

In the draft go lineman on first 2 rounds (DL, OL) and draft Tyler Bray to develop. We can draft a RB in the 4th rd and draft BPA in rd 5 and 6.

vCash
    If anyone in this forum believed we were going to win the superbowl this season, then your nuts. I said it before the season we were a .500 team.

We had a terrible o-line last year and did nothing to fix it, we signed two avg. at best o-lineman. 2 career back-ups!!!!

We were struggling at the safety pos. and we signed Pool, only to cut him in favor of Church, who played ok but got hurt and never returned.

Our cb pos. was the only thing that we improved and we probably overpaid for Carr, but we needed to do something and it wasn't a bad move. Him and Claiborne should anchor those spots for some time.

We couldn't generate a pass rush after Ware and we didn't address that either. Ware has been hurt the last 1/2 dozen weeks and has only 2.5 sacks. Spencer played well for the 1st time in his career but I don't see him getting a payday from the cowboys.

If we want to get better, we need to build this thing from the inside out and bolster both lines. We should get a center and a G and RT. Free is overpaid and needs to be cut for his play the last 2 seasons.

Sign and draft someone for our D-line that can handle the double team and help generate a pass rush.

We could also use a safety if we could find one, and Miles Austin needs to start living up to his contract. This guy either falls or drops a pass every 3 routes he runs. He can't come out of a break without falling,iti's rediculous.

That's a start, then build on it every year from there, our linebackers are solid when healthy. Dez and Witten are rockstars, we need a few pieces to the puzzle to get this thing in place. We need to also preach discipline, Garret needs to better prepare this team.
    Last edited by The manster; 12-31-2012 at 12:36 PM.

vCash
    1. Keep garrett hire an OC (norv turner please), id still keep robb the defense improved and gave us a chance to win
    2. Get some o and d line men
    3. Add some players with character, leaders off and on the field (like tuck)
    4. A saftey please

In that order. the first two can be done easily before the draft and fa.

First Sim League Title!

vCash
    Hire norv
    Sign Osi
    Draft S Kenny Vaccaro

vCash
    I cant believe some of these posts and ppl upset about last nights game. We lost. We have had same problems year after year offensive line cant block. Injuries are part of the game but I will say we did get dismantled on defense. No way we go far with all the starters out.

vCash
    All of these get rid of Romo guys. Two questions, who comes in to replace? Since you want Romo gone then you will be happy with complete rebuild then? Without Romo last nights game was a 1pm game cuz we have no shot at nfc east title. There is no andrew luck in draftso tell me who puts us in playoffs next year?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast