Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Official Dallas Cowboys Off Season Thread

Sadly, this is being put out here much too early. Discuss anything related to America's Team as they get ready for the 2013 season.

vCash
    No more franchise tags, we need to resign the **** out of spencer. He has earned a new deal

titties

vCash
    1. Get younger
    2. O Line help
    3. D Lineman capable of pressuring the QB with or WITHOUT blitz packages
    4. Another receiver
    5. QB prospect??? still think Rony Tomo has at least 3 more good seasons where he might finally catch lightning in a bottle during the post season with hopefully a healthy team.
    6. More inventive play calling especially on 1st down. AdvancedNFLstats.com analytics indicates many teams including our Boys run entirely too much on 1st and ten. The risk reward is out of whack typically leaving us with a 2nd and 9 or 2nd and 8.
    7. Jason to actually not lose 2 or 3 games through bad game theory/game management.
    Last edited by zookman65; 12-31-2012 at 08:30 AM.

vCash
    I don't watch or even care about college football and don't know much about the players coming I except for the ones regularly mentioned on espn so I decided to do my own research on players that play positions we need, here's my scenario: We go hard for long or clady (as they are arguably the top 2 at their position) then switch smith back to right tackle. The only guard I've read up on that won't be a reach is chance womack, and he's presumed to be a top 10 pick. I did some research on two tackles Dj flucker and oday aboushi. Flucker is A monster at 6'6 335lbs and would probably work out better as a guard. He's projected as a late 1st early-mid 2nd. Oday is 6'6 310 and was one of the highest graded linemen this year. If we don't win the long/clady sweepstakes we could trade down from 18 to around 25 and pick up either to be our right tackle. If we do sign long/clady we could still trade down to the 29-30 range and select either and move them to the interior. I don't see us traing up for the top tackles or guards so realistically this makes the most sense. Also seeing as how the best defensive tackle in star loutouli (spelling?) is a lock to be at worst a top 10 pick there is slim pickings for defensive line, unless we switch to a 4-3 which I highly doubt anyone on the coaching staff is thinking. The best defensive linemen that has a chance of being there when we make a pick is John Jenkins. He would allow us to move rat to defensive end, therefor prolonging his career, and we'd finally have a mauler inside that could take up 2 defenders and allow rat to work one-on-one. I also found a defensive tackle that I would be willing to spend a 3rd rounder on if he was still available, Daniel McCullers. He is a whopping 6'6 377 pounds!!! From what little info I've found on him (can't get much done on an iPhone lol) he has the strength to beat anyone, just needs to work on his intangibles. He has drawn comparisons to John Henderson (who was a beast in the early 2000's jaguars teams at 6'7 340) and at the very least he could be used on running situations and field goal block units. I don't know if it's just me but I'd be willing to use a 3rd rounder on him, especially if we traded down like I mentioned and gained another 2nd rounder? I don't know. What do y'all think?

titties

vCash
    I also read that Richard Seymour is set to become a free agent, if the price is right I wouldn't mind bringing him in

titties

vCash
    Norv Turner fired in SD. Get him in for OC right now, and let him call the freaking plays. Keep Callahan for Oline coach and get him some players.

Sign Long/Clady, draft Sheldon Richardson DT 4-3/DE 3-4 out of Missouri with the first pick. Find a true 3-4 DT and move Raliffe out, play Richardson and Hatcher at the DE's.

vCash
    1. Go after Norv turner
    2. Fire garrett
    3. Do not resign Romo
    4. Cut free or huge paycut
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    So we are still an 8-8 team blacknell?

Turner? OC fine, HC? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Let go of Romo? Who is the QB next year? Vick? Hella LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. There is nobody after vick as a fa and vick ****ing sucks.

Not trying to be a dick but some thinking should have been put into your post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    I also read that Richard Seymour is set to become a free agent, if the price is right I wouldn't mind bringing him in
    We need to continue to get younger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stlbest5in2013 View Post

Let go of Romo? Who is the QB next year? Vick? Hella LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. There is nobody after vick as a fa and vick ****ing sucks.

He said do not re-sign Romo. He didn't said get rid of him basically we just need to wait until after next season to determine if we should re-sign Romo.

vCash
    Im gonna post my wish list i did in the other thread in the order it happens

1. Keep garrett. Hire norv tuner as OC
    2. Keep Rob
    3. Keep spencer
    4. Get Offensive and Defensive lineman!
    5. Get some vetran leadership some character guys; leaders off and on the field; like justin tuck is
    6. 1 Safety
    7. 1 WR
    Last edited by Riveramk2; 12-31-2012 at 12:05 PM.

First Sim League Title!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stlbest5in2013 View Post

Turner as a OC not HC he is not head coach material. I have stated that in the past post but i guess i should have clarified that in here. Romo has one year left on his deal, so do offer him an extension. 1. Next season he won't blow games because he wants another contract. 2. We need to groom a rookie QB to take over and not try to find a gem undrafted QB again

vCash
    The problem I see with drafting DL in the 1st round is they most of the time become bust. Look at Marcus Spears he is awful and doesn't do anything out there. We need to draft O-line or Safety with our #1 pick. We can't keep relying on undrafted and bench warmers on other teams to win us games

vCash
    Why, Free hasn't been cut yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Austin View Post
    We need to continue to get younger.
    We also need more leadership, plus he would be an upgrade over Coleman and spears. This draft is relatively weak in 3-4 dlinemen. He could play nose tackle or be an end. Veteran leadership, versatility, Championship experience, if the price is right he'd be a good pick up

titties

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast