Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm not sure how reliable the trade value chart is but a 1st and 3rd gets us up to the 20/21 pick. I know you have to factor in who's available and what not but just for whatever its worth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    mario put up 10.5 sacks, statistically he was the best FA signing (not value, but best play) so we'll get the supplemental
    thats crazy. in my mind mario had a bad season and yet 10.5 sacks is quite respectable in a new scheme and all.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    as far as free agency, is that where we target a #2 WR? Posey is out all next year probably, Walter older, Daniels slipping a bit, and Jean/Martin not that impressive.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Yes. I dont see any WR in the draft coming in and catching around 60-70 balls for 800 yards whereas a guy like Hartline or Amendola (if healthy) or Emmanuel Sanders can. A guy like Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams or Corradelle Patterson will likely be better in the future, but you never know who will be a bust and one of those other guys could be there

vCash
    Here's another hypothetical: If Geno Smith or whoever ends up ranked as the #1 QB is there at our pick (Like Kiper has happening), would you take him if guys like Ogletree, Teo, Allen, Patterson and Williams are gone or would you still fill a need now? I know most people on here are unhappy with Schaub but none of the rookie QBs could probably beat him out next year. So would you help us now with a Kevin Minter or do you take the potential stud QB ala Geno/Glennon/whoever

vCash
    id take the stud qb. if we wouldve drafted sanu in the third last year we wouldnt have a need for wr this year. the verdict is still out on sanu but i think hes better in every sense than posey. he was limited due to injuries earlier in the year but was a td catching machine in the end. then of course he would still have kubiaks play calling and schaub throwing him the ball. hence the notion for the qb to be drafted in the first this year

vCash
    You also have to remember that this years "stud" QB isnt Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin. There's no overly impressive guys this year and we do have TJ Yates

vCash
    well aware of the 'stud' factor, but if geno drops to us, im taking him. anybody that can roll out and make plays to break down a defense im okay with. i want to draft a qb that has played in a pro style system but this years draft is lacking in that dept, along with college football for that matter.

i really wouldnt mind handing tj the job and letting him make mistakes but i dont see him as a starter in this league. so.. to answer your question. id take geno in the first and anybody else in the second or third

vCash
    mbt stop lurking and become a TEXAN already. you know you want to.

vCash
    I happen to think Geno could thrive in our play action style offense. I've only watched him a couple of times but he is very mobile and has a huge arm. In my scenario, I'd take him but, if Ogletree is there, then I start having problems deciding

vCash
    a legit qb makes a defense so much better. it takes so much pressure off them and lets them play free and wreckless. plus cushing makes them such a stronger unit.in that case, i have to take the playmaker at the most important position in all the league.

vCash
    we need to get the offense back we had from 2-3 yrs ago need a number #2 WR i agree a veteran from free agency is best then drafting since schaub has a hard time trusting young WR

vCash
    is anybody a little giddy or somewhat curious about the stephen mcgee signing? personally, i think he should be handed the keys to the ferrari. i really do want to see him in this offense with his mobility. already he becomes the strongest arm in the organization. i really like this signing. it eliminates wasting a draft pick on a project later on in the rounds.

vCash
    No. There's a reason he wasn't in the league last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nacdaddy View Post
    is anybody a little giddy or somewhat curious about the stephen mcgee signing? personally, i think he should be handed the keys to the ferrari. i really do want to see him in this offense with his mobility. already he becomes the strongest arm in the organization. i really like this signing. it eliminates wasting a draft pick on a project later on in the rounds.
    i read they signed him with intent as a wide receiver. so yes and no.
    "It's a Namaste. It means respect. It just means, 'I see the God in you.' It's me paying my respect to the game of football."
    -Arian Foster

Thanks Dodgersuck

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast