Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    drafting a QB when not really needing one worked out OK for the packers didnt it?

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Christ View Post
    drafting a QB when not really needing one worked out OK for the packers didnt it?
    id say they did alright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Christ View Post
    id say they did alright.

vCash
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...er-senior-bowl
    I know it's bleacher report but I really like this draft.
    1-Alec Ogletree-ILB
    2-D.J Fluker-OG
    3-Quinton Patton-WR
    4-Brandon Williams-NT
    5-D.J Swearinger-S
    6-James Wilson-OG
    7-Marcus Lattimore-RB

This is without the compensary picks. I also think that Patton will not be there in the 3rd.
    Last edited by koetravis; 01-27-2013 at 06:33 PM.

vCash
    I dont see Ogletree, Fluker or Lattimore their either so if this happens, I would be pretty happy. This is pretty much a best case scenario draft IMO. If you put an olb in for Patton, I think it looks like what we will end up doing too

vCash
    I agree, everything has to be perfect in order for this to happen.

vCash
    I dont see us going guard early. I think the way Ben Jones started to come along and with Brandon Brooks being in his second year I believe they will try to mature these two guys rather than draft another.

vCash
    Fluker played RT at Alabama though. I dont think it would be a good idea to go into the season with just Newton and Harris

vCash
    John Mcclain reported the Texans as having $5.6m in cap space. I remember 790 saying that we can restructure Antonio's contract to save about $4m and if we cut Walter we save $3.5. The problem with cutting Walter is we would be going into next season with 3 receivers and maybe a rookie if we take one early so it's a little bit of a risk. (Not that Walter does a ton but, it's more than Jeff Maehl would do). And just to hopefully get some conversation going, what do yall think about cutting OD and using that money to resign Cushing or getting a WR. We could roll with Graham, Casey and sign a guy like Anthony Fasano for cheap

vCash
    For what Walter's give us, he should be cut right away. I highly doubt this team will agree. Same with Cody.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    It's going to be very annoying if we keep them both and it keeps us from keeping barwin. I know he had a bad year but still

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    It's going to be very annoying if we keep them both and it keeps us from keeping barwin. I know he had a bad year but still
    Barwin is expendable i agree with cutting both of those guys but we do not need to bring barwin back. Let Mercilus play and reed can hold the other side down we need another inside linebacker and i would let quin walk all the good qbs picked on him all year.
    Texans Superbowl 2014

vCash
    I agree about letting Quinn walk, I saw him get burned more times than not. Yea he was great in the box but I dont think that constitutes a big contract. I believe we should go after Rey Maulaluga. Stick him in the middle with Cush, and we could possibly be golden. I think reuniting them would be great for us. Grabbing a safety in the draft would also be great. Also, I was thinking, as much as I dont want Barwin to leave, and am deff against it, what if he did then we played Mercilus on one side, Reed on the other and rotated in Bryan Braaman? I think that could work. Personally I want to see us go something like Maulaluga in FA as our big guy, then draft the LSU safety, and draft Tyron Matheiu in the second to play nickle or go receiver first then Matheiu.

vCash
    If we can get him would be nice, him and Cushing inside would be pretty good. If not, we can always franchise tag Quin for less than 7 million, and draft a ILB and a WR early, which seems more important and take a risk on S later in the draft or take one high next year. Mercillus should start next year, if we can re-sign Barwin for cheap and rotate him, great, if not, his money could be more well-expended.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I don't remember where I saw or heard this but I remember seeing/hearing that Glover Quin wants to stay in Houston and he's the Texans top priority. What I meant by my Barwin comment was that if he wants $7m a year and we can only give him 3 because Walter and Cody are taking up $4m, then I will be pretty annoyed.
    I've also heard that the Texans are thinking about moving Brooks Reed inside. I guess it depends on Free agency and the draft. If we resign Barwin and there's a good OLB to be taken at 26 and the team has confidence, then I'm OK with moving Reed inside.
    Last thing is that Walterfootball (don't know hw reliable his "sources" are) says that the Texans are most interested in "the SEC inside linebacker" (Ogletree and Minter) with John Jenkins as a close third. I'm kind of just thinking he said that to make his mock draft look better. Mcnair said a couple weeks ago our priorities are ILB and WR so hopefully we finally take WR seriously in the offseason although we will probably just take a guy in the 4th and roll with Walter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast